U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2012, 04:23 PM

473 posts, read 582,901 times

Advertisements

Have you ever heard this riddle before? THIS is the only correct answer.
Brothers and Sisters, I have none, but this man's Father, is MY Father's Son--WHO AM I?---answer:JESUS CHRIST

A man can't be looking at a portrait of himself
If it is himself, then it makes sense that he told us brothers and sisters have I none! But, he goes to say this man's father is my fathers son. Now if it is himself in the portrait, then the man in the portraits father is his own father, BUT he then says "is my fathers son, now how could his father be his fathers son?
Have a Good One
Yeshua Bless You--Amen
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 PM

987 posts, read 877,193 times
There are 3 men in this scenario. One is posing the riddle. THIS MAN (whether a photo or a man being pointed out) refers to the son of the man speaking. Ergo, this man's (my son's) FATHER (who is the one speaking) is MY FATHER's (the speaker's father) son. Simple.

Peace.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:30 PM

17,564 posts, read 8,828,298 times
If, I have no brothers or sisters, the son of my father is me.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
not sure of your point

Old 09-03-2012, 09:27 PM

37,361 posts, read 25,159,859 times
Quote:
Excellent, Jerwade

Old 09-03-2012, 09:54 PM

17,564 posts, read 8,828,298 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
not sure of your point
Created in his image.

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-03-2012 at 10:14 PM..

Old 09-03-2012, 10:56 PM

1,784 posts, read 2,872,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Have you ever heard this riddle before? THIS is the only correct answer.
Brothers and Sisters, I have none, but this man's Father, is MY Father's Son--WHO AM I?---answer:JESUS CHRIST

A man can't be looking at a portrait of himself
If it is himself, then it makes sense that he told us brothers and sisters have I none! But, he goes to say this man's father is my fathers son. Now if it is himself in the portrait, then the man in the portraits father is his own father, BUT he then says "is my fathers son, now how could his father be his fathers son?
Have a Good One
Yeshua Bless You--Amen
What??

First of all, there's a simple answer as noted above: the person in the portrait is the man's son.

Second of all, if the answer is Jesus, then the riddle states that Jesus's Father is Jesus (i.e., God the Father's Son). Wrong.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 AM

34,187 posts, read 8,782,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
What??

First of all, there's a simple answer as noted above: the person in the portrait is the man's son.

Second of all, if the answer is Jesus, then the riddle states that Jesus's Father is Jesus (i.e., God the Father's Son). Wrong.
That's what I thought and Jesus had brothers (close enough to have their portraits painted) and Jesus at no time ever claims that he is God's father. The man in the portrait must be himself, despite the OP's attempt to claim that it can't be.

Of course the man might be talking about himself as 'This man'. In that case there is either a rather odd - looking adoption mix -up o the man in the riddle is a priest.

Either way it doesn't work as Jesus, Christ or Bar-joseph.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:58 AM

473 posts, read 582,901 times
The picture in the photo is not the man's son--MY Fathers son. It isn't himself either--This mans FATHER is my Fathers son.
Yeshua Bless You

Old 09-04-2012, 05:18 AM

The man in the portrait, or perhaps someone the speaker is pointing to, can't be the speaker because 'this man's father is my father's son', can't possibly happen in that case; my father is not his own son. It can only be the speaker's son, because the speaker is his son's father and his own father's son. 3 men involved. There is nothing in the riddle to suggest only 2 men are involved. This cannot be. IF the riddle said this man is my father's son, then it could be the speaker referring to himself, but it does not say that, it says this man's FATHER is MY FATHER's son.

And yes, Jerwade, we are being made into the image of the Father, just like Jesus, but this has nothing to do with the riddle, as far as I can see. The riddle is not about God, it's just a riddle designed to make people think logically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity