U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 04:14 PM

12,154 posts, read 14,265,687 times

Advertisements

Radtechgal..."Maybe this IS the right time"...I agree with that!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 02:32 PM

2,278 posts, read 2,079,472 times
Here's what struck me the most from your post:

Quote:
Is it wrong to seek men rather then to wait on God's timing?
You know the answer to that. Yes, it is. Have you prayed about this? Have you sought the Holy Spirit's guidance in the matter? Have you asked God to open the door if this is His will and to close it if it's not? Have you waited on the Lord? These are the very first things you should be doing. If this job is not part of God's will for you, why would you want it at all? And if you continue to kick the door down, you might get the job (in your own strength) but is that how you want it? God will sometimes give us things we want that are not part of His plan for us if we persist. Those usually come with hard lessons. If this is part of God's plan for you, then He will open the door for you and you will be led through it. But, first, you must seek Him.

Matthew 6:25-34

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:26 PM

34 posts, read 71,618 times
For those following this thread, I decided to write the boss. It took me days to compose and tweak it. My stomach was churning over this. I did a lot of thinking and praying over this. On 9/11, Tuesday, I went to the Pentagon and met a man that knew my father and the boss. He was especially happy to hand carry the letter himself to the office. I though if I didn't find the right person or if it was difficult, then God is telling me not to do it. But it worked out very smoothly! Not a single problem!

It was great being inside the Pentagon again. So many people walking the corridors. Men in uniforms and suits. Dang, they looked good!!!

The Pentagon, the new unexplored singles symposium!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:29 PM

My best and most heartfelt wishes are with you!

Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 PM

[quote=plain and simple;26085538]My best and most heartfelt wishes are with you![/

Thank you plain and simple. I hear what you said before about God meeting my needs. He has... everyday! But he also called me to write the letter too. I know... i feel it. It did take me days to prepare it. Just like Esther preparing to confront her husband. I did it with graciousness and humility. I conducted this letter with strength and conviction yet a humbleness like a slave to his master.

Let the waitness begin.......

Old 09-15-2012, 03:03 PM

[quote=Radtechgal;26085903]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
My best and most heartfelt wishes are with you![/

Thank you plain and simple. I hear what you said before about God meeting my needs. He has... everyday! But he also called me to write the letter too. I know... i feel it. It did take me days to prepare it. Just like Esther preparing to confront her husband. I did it with graciousness and humility. I conducted this letter with strength and conviction yet a humbleness like a slave to his master.

Let the waitness begin.......
You're very welcome! I was hoping that my post didn't come across as "obviously this isn't God's plan for you so you should just drop it." Not at all.

I merely wanted to bring up a reminder of how scripture says Christians are to respond in such situations. Most of the time, people want to jump in with their own ideas and fix things. (Me, especially. I have to make special efforts to avoid doing this!) You obviously didn't want to do that because you asked for advice. It's just human nature to try to figure out what you should do and then do it. (Instead of bringing the situation before God, first and foremost, for His guidance.) I hope you'll let us know how this turns out!

I just went through a job situation myself, actually. My job was horrible and abusive. It made hell look like heaven and the boss made Satan look like Mother Theresa. I couldn't take it anymore and I really prayed about it. Did God still want me there because I had more to learn or more to give or help? I was on vacation last week and on the last day of my vacation, a situation at my job finally came to a head and I KNEW I was never going back. I felt intense peace about it. I walked in, dropped my keys off with the manager and told him I quit and then walked out. I trusted God and I knew what I did was right because I first sought Him. I got a new, GREAT job only two days later! And in this economy! THAT'S God!

Honestly, I believe the rapture is so very imminent that issues like this become so incredibly minor. We're only minutes, days or a few weeks away from the rapture. I've been a born-again Christian for 28 years and everything in my studies have received confirmation after confirmation after confirmation. It's no longer a matter of years.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:07 PM

[quote=plain and simple;26106361]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radtechgal View Post

You're very welcome! I was hoping that my post didn't come across as "obviously this isn't God's plan for you so you should just drop it." Not at all.

I merely wanted to bring up a reminder of how scripture says Christians are to respond in such situations. Most of the time, people want to jump in with their own ideas and fix things. (Me, especially. I have to make special efforts to avoid doing this!) You obviously didn't want to do that because you asked for advice. It's just human nature to try to figure out what you should do and then do it. (Instead of bringing the situation before God, first and foremost, for His guidance.) I hope you'll let us know how this turns out!

I just went through a job situation myself, actually. My job was horrible and abusive. It made hell look like heaven and the boss made Satan look like Mother Theresa. I couldn't take it anymore and I really prayed about it. Did God still want me there because I had more to learn or more to give or h9912 Little Road
New Port Richey, FL 34654elp? I was on vacation last week and on the last day of my vacation, a situation at my job finally came to a head and I KNEW I was never going back. I felt intense peace about it. I walked in, dropped my keys off with the manager and told him I quit and then walked out. I trusted God and I knew what I did was right because I first sought Him. I got a new, GREAT job only two days later! And in this economy! THAT'S God!

Honestly, I believe the rapture is so very imminent that issues like this become so incredibly minor. We're only minutes, days or a few weeks away from the rapture. I've been a born-again Christian for 28 years and everything in my studies have received confirmation after confirmation after confirmation. It's no longer a matter of years.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:32 PM

I also quit my job in this economy to take care of my mother in a nursing home. i sold my furniture, had a year sale gave the rest to Goodwill and put the remainder in a storage unit. I packed was was left and put it in my car and drove from Key West fl. to Maryland. It was the right thing to do, because mother needed. me.

On Thursday, I received a call from the director of employee, the said agency. She said...she received a letter from the deputy chef of staff and asked what she could do for me!?

OMG He read my letter!! He passed it on to his second and his second passed it on to director of employees offices!!

We spoke for a few minutes and she asked my my resume and they will send it to a division in Florida where I have no competition .

She said twice, that she will call me back!! I hope to hear this week on where i am going! It's nice to know people in high places!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 08:35 AM

472 posts, read 302,447 times
God commands his people to be, "In the world, but not a part of it." Is a Government job a part of it?

Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 AM

Default update

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
God commands his people to be, "In the world, but not a part of it." Is a Government job a part of it?
We still have to work! That is not what He meant. Give to Cezar what belongs to Cezar! pay your taxes and obey the laws!

Okay, I have received calls and emails from high people that are most willing to help. So far, one guy who has an entire region has been working with me. He also has contacted all of he resources and cannot make up a position, but is asking around. I have applied to a job and I am afraid to ask him if I will get the interview. By his emails, it almost infers that I most diffidently get an interview.But it's up to me to get the job! Since it's a directive order from the boss, and the government, it might be 'a given' I get an interview and the job and it's just a a formality. I'm not asking and he's not saying!! We'll see! Stay tooned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity