U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 03:07 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,147,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I'm not religious, so enlighten me.
That certainly explains your posts in this topic. There is not a reason for me to argue with you as it would be a waste of both of our time. While I know anyone can post here I seem to assume most are posting about topics here from a religious point of view. I need to pay more attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 03:52 PM

12,425 posts, read 14,553,508 times
I have looked at and read the bible cowdog, I just don't believe what it says....doesn't mean I don't know WHAT it says... assumptions deserve to be proved incorrect.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:04 AM

612 posts, read 330,231 times
There's something about this subject that makes men out to be very weak and easily defeated, as it presents something as trivial as a woman's attire as capable of 'defiling' them.

Why, then, does Christianity try to put men in positions of authority, if it seems not to take much to derail them?

It's not what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out. (Matt 15:11)

-

Old 09-18-2012, 10:16 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post
There's something about this subject that makes men out to be very weak and easily defeated, as it presents something as trivial as a woman's attire as capable of 'defiling' them.

Why, then, does Christianity try to put men in positions of authority, if it seems not to take much to derail them?

It's not what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out. (Matt 15:11)

-

excellent point.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:28 AM

35 posts, read 36,939 times
External beauty depends on the internal beauty so dear sisters, be wise and receive counsel before it is too late!

Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 AM

612 posts, read 330,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
External beauty depends on the internal beauty so dear sisters, be wise and receive counsel before it is too late!
Too late for what?

Old 11-26-2012, 09:05 AM

14,997 posts, read 7,530,359 times
This seems to be the motto of men who have not yet learned how to control their own thoughts but say women who dress a certain way are the ones at fault:

Any of us could say the same thing about whatever it is in our own lives that we have not yet mastered, whether it be eating or drinking or shopping too much, driving too fast, etc.: If people would just stop making foods that tempt us, or if they would reinstate the prohibition on the sale of alcohol, or if stores stopped selling things that we like to buy, or if they stopped making cars that go faster than the speed limit. And on and on and on it goes.

It's my fault that I don't yet have control over my own thoughts and actions, but I'm still going to blame everyone else for not removing the things that tempt me.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:39 AM

6,824 posts, read 4,866,824 times
In our society, one can't escape coming across immodest woman (or men for that matter). So we as Christians just need to put up our gaurd and not look, and if the looking is causing arousal of the flesh nature than we need to stop and take that to prayer.

Can't escape it. In the congregation that is another matter though.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 AM

14,997 posts, read 7,530,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
In our society, one can't escape coming across immodest woman (or men for that matter). So we as Christians just need to put up our gaurd and not look, and if the looking is causing arousal of the flesh nature than we need to stop and take that to prayer.

Can't escape it. In the congregation that is another matter though.
Why?

Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 AM

398 posts, read 444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yeah, that's what they're saying. Whip out the burkas, ladies. Jesus never seemed to have any trouble with women.
Amen!! In spades!!!

Not so very long ago I remember the Males in the Black Community here in the US started focusing on what it meant to be a Black Male in today's Society. One of the issues that came right to the fore was the idea that Men are NOT....repeat...are NOT mindless sex predators lead around by their sexual impulses. Guys can ----and should--- say "No" and increasingly guys are finding out that it is in their best interests to say "No". OTOH, women are not these sleazy, gold-digging Man-traps though there are just enough such people to give healthy, well-balanced women a handicap to deal with.

The real issue I have is that people continually bang the Male and Female Roles up against writings and books and forget what it means to simply love each other as one's Self. If Jesus was even HALF the Human Being he is represented as, I'm sure he had every reason and every opportunity to "sow His oats". Instead all reports indicate that he was supportive and compassionate and never used His position to do anything but good. Personally....IMVVHO....I think its time to take those Bibles and give them a rest and the same goes for all of the famous guys listed in that one post. I don't remember Jesus ever saying that how we care about each other is contingent on the genitals we possess. Thats good enough for me.

FWIW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or