U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 AM

1,464 posts, read 2,586,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
1 Timothy 2:11-14 (KJV)

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1 Corinthians 14:34 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1 Corinthians 14:35 - And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Corinthians 14:37 - If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Looks like it's the Lord you have an issue with rather than men and denominations.
Uhhhh...hmmmm? In today's society would the above quotes not be borderline abusive to women? "Let the woman learn in silece with all subjection" For real?? Did you ever think that perhaps God wasn't all that "psyched" over having created just a man and had to create something beautiful and PERFECT so he created EVE??

The quotes from the bible can be taken any way a person wants them to be and the ones you chose to quote sound abusive and that is not how GOD wanted the relationship with man and woman to be..he is a kind loving God not an abusive God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 08:14 AM

428 posts, read 237,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Uhhhh...hmmmm? In today's society would the above quotes not be borderline abusive to women? "Let the woman learn in silece with all subjection" For real?? Did you ever think that perhaps God wasn't all that "psyched" over having created just a man and had to create something beautiful and PERFECT so he created EVE??

The quotes from the bible can be taken any way a person wants them to be and the ones you chose to quote sound abusive and that is not how GOD wanted the relationship with man and woman to be..he is a kind loving God not an abusive God.
That's a nice way of saying "I don't care what God wants, He must do it my way". But I don't think your going to please Him with that attitude.

It's just God's commands. Do with His commands what you will.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:59 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,192,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
1 Timothy 2:11-14 (KJV)

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1 Corinthians 14:34 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1 Corinthians 14:35 - And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Corinthians 14:37 - If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Looks like it's the Lord you have an issue with rather than men and denominations.
The only issue I have is with men who presume to know it all. I have been taught and ordained by men of God. Since I have no husband, my Pastor is my covering. When I was ordained, he became the covering under which I minister. Since, I have been called by God, and been proven by Prophets who did not know me, I suggest, you take it up with the Almighty, since He is the one that matters. I am not called by Jimmie Joe, or Bob, or Dick or Harry for that matter. So...keep spouting the WORD sweetie...but tell me, what skeletons have you in your closet??? 1 Chronicles 16:22

Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Status: "Annoy a liberal-work hard and be happy." (set 5 days ago)

14,819 posts, read 7,993,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
The only issue I have is with men who presume to know it all. I have been taught and ordained by men of God. Since I have no husband, my Pastor is my covering. When I was ordained, he became the covering under which I minister. Since, I have been called by God, and been proven by Prophets who did not know me, I suggest, you take it up with the Almighty, since He is the one that matters. I am not called by Jimmie Joe, or Bob, or Dick or Harry for that matter. So...keep spouting the WORD sweetie...but tell me, what skeletons have you in your closet??? 1 Chronicles 16:22
I'm interested in what you mean by "proven by Prophets ".

Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM

It means that I have been called out of the assembly by visiting Prophets who do not know me, and have confirmed my gifts and calling by God. It also means that when I have ministered in public, I have been recognized by Ministers/Prophets who have confirmed what I have spoken as given by God.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Status: "Annoy a liberal-work hard and be happy." (set 5 days ago)

14,819 posts, read 7,993,801 times
Quote:
It means that I have been called out of the assembly by visiting Prophets who do not know me, and have confirmed my gifts and calling by God. It also means that when I have ministered in public, I have been recognized by Ministers/Prophets who have confirmed what I have spoken as given by God.
Thank you.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 AM

You are most welcome.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:34 PM

428 posts, read 237,638 times
Quote:
Now there's proof of what I suspected all along.

1 Cor14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak
; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

So someone claiming to be a prophet went against this command of God!

Last edited by Jimmy Joe Bob; 10-15-2012 at 12:52 PM..

Old 10-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Stand in judgement of me, and you will be judged. If you have not read what I posted above with scripture than I suggest you read it, and take it up with God. Most people who judge others with scripture have a ton of issues and are babies in Christ. I guarentee, if I was looking at you,I would be able to call you out on your addictions/issues.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:40 PM

Again......I ask and receive no answer....What denomination are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity