Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:00 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Ahh, I recall back in the late-60's when I, too was young and so passionate about the Jewish feasts, especially Rosh Hashana because it portended the rapture. It was a time of Hal Lindsey and LGPE and......

What happened to me?

Got old, I guess.
You've just been getting old waiting for the Rapture? Four decades could have produced a lot of fruit, and I hope it did for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 06:38 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What will you do when none of this happens next month?
You misunderstand.

The annual Sabbath the Feast of Trumpets is coming up now in several days.

What this day pictures at some future time (not this year) includes the items I listed.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
um i thought the bible said that man doesn't know the day or the hour when jesus will return
and even if you did follow the clues (birthpains) most of it hasn't happen yet so unless its all going to go down in a week.. i think we still have some time.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:20 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
You misunderstand.

The annual Sabbath the Feast of Trumpets is coming up now in several days.

What this day pictures at some future time (not this year) includes the items I listed.
I did misunderstand. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:32 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
I don't know about the feast of trumpets, but there are other signs that we are very close.

I heard during Neil Armstrong's Catholic (I think) service on TV something said about looking for the "christ" in your neighbor. Things are very dark now, but let's not look at the world but to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
um i thought the bible said that man doesn't know the day or the hour when jesus will return
and even if you did follow the clues (birthpains) most of it hasn't happen yet so unless its all going to go down in a week.. i think we still have some time.
From the booklet, "Pagan Holidays--or God's Holy Days--Which?"

...And perhaps the glorious Second Coming shall occur, in whatever year it may be, on this very day of the Feast of Trumpets—who knows? While we cannot say for certain, yet cannot we see this possibility? The crucifixion was upon the Passover day—the very day! The Holy Spirit came, beginning the selecting of the firstfruits of salvation, on the very day of Pentecost. Had not those 120 disciples been observing this annual Sabbath—had they not been assembled there in holy convocation—could they have received that blessing of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit? Repeatedly Jesus warned us to watch, regarding His Second Coming! Could it be possible that, unless we are observing the Feast of Trumpets, as the first-century Church of God was observing Pentecost, that we shall not be ready, or caught up to meet Him? We do not—we cannot, of course say; but we do ask the question. Is it not possible? Let us humbly and willingly yield to walk obediently in all the light....

Title: Pagan Holidays -- or God's Holy Days -- Which?
Author: Herbert W Armstrong
Date: 1976
Type: Booklet
Type Media: PDF

http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/books...f/holydays.pdf

Mark 13:
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

No one knows the day or hour that Christ will return. I personally believe that Christ will come on a future Feast of Trumpets but I am not saying which day it will occur because God the Father is the only one that really knows when. I believe the Return of Christ will occur in 2016. And if certain prophetic events have not occurred in the next few months, I will change my belief to say that it will occur in 2017 and so on. Because if you do not believe that Christ will return in the shortest time possible you will not be ready.

Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong never set a specific date for the Return of Christ but he always believed that it was just several years away (usually only about 4-5 years away) and he was always in the "final gun lap" and pushed the members to believe that we were in the very last final days just prior to the Return of Christ and that is the way I personally felt while he was alive.

If you aren't geared up and striving to be ready when Christ's Return you are Laodicean and are a part of this present evil world and most of your decisions are as if the Return of Christ has been delayed and is for some time way off in the future.

Since the death of Mr. Armstrong many in our groups have experienced this lackluster approach to the Return of Christ. That is why I believe it will occur in 2016. Not setting a date, but I believe it will. I am not a prophet and this is not from God but my own personal belief so that I will hopefully remain ready.

Last edited by tthttf; 09-14-2012 at 02:15 AM..

Old 09-14-2012, 02:12 AM

684 posts, read 825,024 times
Quote:
On the next new moon begins the 7th Month on God's Sacred Calendar -- 1st of Tishrei, 5773. This is known to the Jews as Rosh Hashana and is the first day of their civil year. To the group of Christians that I have been associated with it is called the Feast of Trumpets and it begins at sunset on 2012-09-16 and ends at sunset on the following day 2012-09-17.

This is one of the Holy Days of God and is listed in Leviticus 23.

Leviticus 23:
23 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
25 Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

It pictures several things and it will be the most important event in the history of the world.

- The Return of Jesus Christ to this earth.
- The destruction of this world's military and political systems.
- The beginning of the rule of the Government of God over this earth.
- The beginning of the millennial rule of Jesus Christ.
- The First Resurrection of the saints who will rule with Christ.
- The beginning of the great spiritual fall harvest of human beings into the divine Family of God.
- The second exodus of the descendants of ancient Israel who scattered among the nations.
- Plus other things, I'm quite sure.

The Feast of Trumpets is the central pivotal Holy Day in God's Master Plan of Salvation. There are seven Holy Days and this is the fourth -- the middle one of the seven.

Yet, modern Christianity claims these Holy Days have been done away with. They have substituted ancient pagan days of Baal worship in the place of the Holy Days of God. They think they know better than God which days to observe and not to observe. There is more fulfilled prophecy and worship of the true Christ involved in just this one Holy Day -- the Feast of Trumpets -- than in all their pagan days of worship and adoration of Christ that are kept by the churches of this present evil world put together.

It is time this nation repents of all this pagan Baal worship and starts keeping the Holy Sabbath Days of God, especially these annual Holy Days that is the Master Plan of God for the Salvation of all mankind.

Each year true Christians go through and study each step of God's Master Plan and each of these Festivals, observances and Holy Days have deep meaning that you just will not find in the false pagan holidays of this world.

WAKE UP, AMERICA!! Our nation needs to keep the Feast of Trumpets and give proper respect and worship to the true Jesus Christ. We need to repent of all our sins and keep God's Commandments and keep His Seventh Day Sabbath and all of God's annual Holy Days! We need to keep all of God's Holy Days!

Again, I say, WAKE UP!! Return to God before it is TOO LATE!!
You raise a good point!

I think we need to show just how passionate we are about how likely this is to occur. I propose a wager: If this happens, I will put on a pink tutu, take a photo and post it on city-data. If it doesn't occur, you should do the same.

This will show those naysayers who suggest that you're taking arbitrary information and applying correlation where there is none. They'll realize that you are absolutely sure of this.

Pink Tutu. Do you agree to my terms, sir?

Old 09-14-2012, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
You raise a good point!

I think we need to show just how passionate we are about how likely this is to occur. I propose a wager: If this happens, I will put on a pink tutu, take a photo and post it on city-data. If it doesn't occur, you should do the same.

This will show those naysayers who suggest that you're taking arbitrary information and applying correlation where there is none. They'll realize that you are absolutely sure of this.

Pink Tutu. Do you agree to my terms, sir?
I believe I made my position clear in the previous post.

I will not bet, but will give my life (daily) as a sacrifice...

Old 09-14-2012, 02:45 AM

684 posts, read 825,024 times
Quote:
I believe I made my position clear in the previous post.

I will not bet, but will give my life (daily) as a sacrifice...
It's not betting when it's a sure thing. Clearly, I'll be the one wearing the pink Tutu and we'll all have a good laugh. Since we know this is going to happen on your timeline, what's the concern? We're not gambling. We're just two hilarious brothers in Christ having gentle fun.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:33 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
Quote:
From the booklet, "Pagan Holidays--or God's Holy Days--Which?"

...And perhaps the glorious Second Coming shall occur, in whatever year it may be, on this very day of the Feast of Trumpets—who knows? While we cannot say for certain, yet cannot we see this possibility? The crucifixion was upon the Passover day—the very day! The Holy Spirit came, beginning the selecting of the firstfruits of salvation, on the very day of Pentecost. Had not those 120 disciples been observing this annual Sabbath—had they not been assembled there in holy convocation—could they have received that blessing of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit? Repeatedly Jesus warned us to watch, regarding His Second Coming! Could it be possible that, unless we are observing the Feast of Trumpets, as the first-century Church of God was observing Pentecost, that we shall not be ready, or caught up to meet Him? We do not—we cannot, of course say; but we do ask the question. Is it not possible? Let us humbly and willingly yield to walk obediently in all the light....

Title: Pagan Holidays -- or God's Holy Days -- Which?
Author: Herbert W Armstrong
Date: 1976
Type: Booklet
Type Media: PDF

http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/books...f/holydays.pdf

Mark 13:
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

No one knows the day or hour that Christ will return. I personally believe that Christ will come on a future Feast of Trumpets but I am not saying which day it will occur because God the Father is the only one that really knows when. I believe the Return of Christ will occur in 2016. And if certain prophetic events have not occurred in the next few months, I will change my belief to say that it will occur in 2017 and so on. Because if you do not believe that Christ will return in the shortest time possible you will not be ready.

Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong never set a specific date for the Return of Christ but he always believed that it was just several years away (usually only about 4-5 years away) and he was always in the "final gun lap" and pushed the members to believe that we were in the very last final days just prior to the Return of Christ and that is the way I personally felt while he was alive.

If you aren't geared up and striving to be ready when Christ's Return you are Laodicean and are a part of this present evil world and most of your decisions are as if the Return of Christ has been delayed and is for some time way off in the future.

Since the death of Mr. Armstrong many in our groups have experienced this lackluster approach to the Return of Christ. That is why I believe it will occur in 2016. Not setting a date, but I believe it will. I am not a prophet and this is not from God but my own personal belief so that I will hopefully remain ready.
personally i was hoping for 12.21.2012 because i hate humanity and want to get this over with but whats a few more years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity