Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 12:34 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times

Advertisements

It seems that many Christian people do not realize that Jesus Christ was born a Jew and died a Jew and had no intention of creating a new religion. It was his followers that started Christianity. Another fact that most people don't know is that the Romans are the ones that actually killed Jesus on the cross. So my question is do you know these facts and are you teaching them to your children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 12:53 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
It seems that many Christian people do not realize that Jesus Christ was born a Jew and died a Jew and had no intention of creating a new religion. It was his followers that started Christianity. Another fact that most people don't know is that the Romans are the ones that actually killed Jesus on the cross. So my question is do you know these facts and are you teaching them to your children?
I have a question for you. Do you know that Jesus Christ is God and that He came into the world as a man in order to go to the cross and die for your sins so that you could have eternal life through faith in Him, instead of eternal condemnation?

Old 09-13-2012, 02:16 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
It seems that many Christian people do not realize that Jesus Christ was born a Jew and died a Jew and had no intention of creating a new religion.
No He did not intend to create a new religion just to fulfill and set straight the one that already existed so Christianity has been the faith since Adam and Eve. Read your Bible and maybe you will see this is true.

Quote:
It was his followers that started Christianity.
Not true.

Quote:
Another fact that most people don't know is that the Romans are the ones that actually killed Jesus on the cross.
Romans as a tool of the Jews, the Romans were willing to release Him.

Quote:
So my question is do you know these facts and are you teaching them to your children?
Yes, I like facts and apparently I see more within the pages of the Bible than you do. Read on maybe you will see more.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:05 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
Quote:
- Jesus never referred His Disciples to The God (OF) ANY OTHER Person.

Jesus never reffered His Disciples to THE God (OF) Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob.

Jesus never referred His Disciples to THE fathers (OF) Other People.

- Jesus referred His Disciple To His God and to His Father.
As their God and their Father. - John 20:17

Jesus, The Christ did not refer His Disciples to THE God and THE father's (OF) Israel.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:35 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Jesus was indeed born a Jew, died a Jew and was rejected by the Jews he came to save.

But more importantly, Jesus saves all who turn to him and repent.

Are YOU teaching this to your children?

Old 09-13-2012, 03:46 PM

Jesus was a Jewish rabbi and tried to convince his fellow Jews that he was the Jewish Messiah. But he was not accepted as the messiah (and certain things would have happened that did not if he had been).

Romans killed Jesus as they had the authority to do and the Jewish court did not. So if the Romans wished they could have kept him alive (as the area was completely under Roman control).

I do not have children, but I am interested to know what Christians teach their children about Jesus's life.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- Jesus never referred His Disciples to The God (OF) ANY OTHER Person.

Jesus never reffered His Disciples to THE God (OF) Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob.

Jesus never referred His Disciples to THE fathers (OF) Other People.

- Jesus referred His Disciple To His God and to His Father.
As their God and their Father. - John 20:17

Jesus, The Christ did not refer His Disciples to THE God and THE father's (OF) Israel.
Since you are quoting the New Testament which was written by Jesus's disciples, it is hard to know if everything there is 100% historically accurate. (The same goes for the Old Testament.)

Old 09-13-2012, 03:59 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
It seems that many Christian people do not realize that Jesus Christ was born a Jew and died a Jew and had no intention of creating a new religion. It was his followers that started Christianity. Another fact that most people don't know is that the Romans are the ones that actually killed Jesus on the cross.
You do realize that the vast majority of Christians know the bolded points.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Jesus was a Jewish rabbi and tried to convince his fellow Jews that he was the Jewish Messiah. But he was not accepted as the messiah (and certain things would have happened that did not if he had been).

Romans killed Jesus as they had the authority to do and the Jewish court did not. So if the Romans wished they could have kept him alive (as the area was completely under Roman control).

I do not have children, but I am interested to know what Christians teach their children about Jesus's life.
Most Christians teach their children that Jesus is the way, the truth and the light

Old 09-13-2012, 04:21 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:

Jesus Christ is indeed the Messiah, and the Jews will recognize Him as such at the end of the Tribulation.

While the nation as a whole rejected Jesus as the Messiah, there were individual Jews numbering in the thousands who did understand that He was who He said He was. This is recorded in the Book of Acts.

Pilate tried to free Jesus because he recognized that He was innocent. He may also have begun to suspect that there was something more to Him. Pilate had also been warned by his wife who had been given a dream concerning Him not to have anything to do with Him (Matt. 27:19).

Matt. 27:19 While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent him a message, saying, "Have nothing to do with that righteous Man; for last night I suffered greatly in a dream because of Him."

But Pilate finally gave in to the demands of the crowd and ordered that Jesus be crucified.

If the Jews as a whole had recognized that Jesus was the Messiah He would have brought in the kingdom right after going to the cross. If the Jews had not handed Jesus over to the Romans, He still would have wound up on the cross as that was His mission. Events putting Him on the cross would have simply played out differently. But since the Jews did reject Him and the offer of the Kingdom, Jesus will establish the kingdom when He returns at the end of the Tribulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity