Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 02:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
The only think you missed was.. your example was addressed in another thread for the false hood it is.

The context of Psalm 137 is the Babylonian captivity. The Psalmist speaks of the captors tormenting the people of God (vv. 1-3), a promise to remember Jerusalem (vv. 5-6), and a curse against the captors (vv. 7-9).
The Psalmist is in exile and had probably witnessed the atrocities committed against his people, babies included. In the revenge-style that was so common at the time, he wishes the same upon his enemy as a description of their utter destruction. Nowhere does it say that God approves of the Psalmist’s request or that he fulfilled it. Just because it is recorded that the Psalmist wrote the imprecation, doesn’t mean it was approved by God.

...but hey you keep reaching.
Obviously, it is not godly wisdom, is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 02:54 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Obviously, it is not godly wisdom, is it?
The only thing "obvious" about it is you can't comprehend it.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
The only thing "obvious" about it is you can't comprehend it.
So, says, the genie in the lamp.
Not everything in the Bible is inspiring.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
So, says, the genie in the lamp.
Not everything in the Bible is inspiring.
"So, says", ~ what YOU type.
Truth can be uninspiring ask anyone who is not going to Heaven.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
"So, says", ~ what YOU type.
Truth can be uninspiring ask anyone who is not going to Heaven.
So, let me ask you: Is truth uninspiring?

Old 03-13-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
So, let me ask you: Is truth uninspiring?
Ask your family and friends, they will give you answers YOU will accept.

(you know the ol saying, birds of a feather flock together don't you?)

Old 03-13-2016, 03:30 PM

We "all" can be smart asses, but to be honest with you there is little gratification in it for me. I know it's wrong, but it's hard to sit here sometimes and listen to such ___.

In the end my friends we will all stand or fall by the words of Jesus.

~we'd all do well to remember this.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:34 PM

I don't hate any of you. I can understand how you came to think the way you do. I see whats happening in our world and there's little standing against it. But all I've said in these forums I believe to be true. That truth is based on experience and what I've found hidden.

I know you can't just take my word for it. I understand that completely.

...my main point in being here is just to tell you. Not so you'll believe my words now...

...but so you will BELIEVE MY WORDS LATER. I just want you to remember now is all. When each of your moments come... you'll know what to do.

I hope you make the right choice. It's going to be a hard one to make.
It's going to cost you everything.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:58 PM

I want to try and explain how I feel about ..the differences of being a Christian and not being a Christian.

Each person on this planet is not immune to any type of troubles. We all have them. Some more than others, but still.. to each is own. During these troubles, there are bumps, bruises and sometimes really deep wounds, that we think won't heal...< no matter who we are..we have troubles (that AND We all Sin...regardless who we are).
My point is... the difference between a "born again" person and one who isn't is... though we (christians) still have these troubles... THE OUTCOME IS DIFFERENT. <Period.
Meaning when the unsaved world has them..they have a different outcome also.

What does "OUTCOME" mean? There are always paths to troubles and there are always paths to solutions (though we might not agree with when we get them) AND there is a difference between them.
Meaning again... We get different results then a non saved person does. Different feelings then a non saved person does. Different desires, than a none saved person does... <..I'm starting to venture sorry..
back on topic..
My point is.. there is a difference.
It's like a unseen hand guiding you.
You may not like the ending of it...but I guarantee you.. without Jesus ..the ending would be much different.

Now saying all of that... My intent was to try and clarify what I've noticed between the none christian and the christian.

Jesus is the Shepard.. Who does Guard is flock.
satan is the father of all lies - who believes in misery loves company.

It's real and there's little time left before Supper is over.

Do something now about it. Don't wait.

Jesus really does SAVE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity