U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 05:37 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,102,817 times

Advertisements

[quote=alabalfred;26269678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Rev 7:14 And I say unto him, My lord, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they that come of the great tribulation, and they washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Blessings to you too
You confirmed my point. "These are they that come of the great tribulation." Not, "these are they that avoided/escaped great tribulation."

Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 05:58 AM

268 posts, read 226,267 times
We Are to Prepare and Be ready for the Rapture and not be Weary in Waiting...

2Pe 3:3-9 "First of all, you must understand that in the last days some people will appear whose lives are controlled by their own lusts. They will make fun of you and will ask, "He promised to come, didn't he? Where is he? Our ancestors have already died, but everything is still the same as it was since the creation of the world!" They purposely ignore the fact that long ago God gave a command, and the heavens and earth were created. The earth was formed out of water and by water, and it was also by water, the water of the flood, that the old world was destroyed. But the heavens and the earth that now exist are being preserved by the same command of God, in order to be destroyed by fire. They are being kept for the day when godless people will be judged and destroyed. But do not forget one thing, my dear friends! There is no difference in the Lord's sight between one day and a thousand years; to him the two are the same. The Lord is not slow to do what he has promised, as some think. Instead, he is patient with you, because he does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants all to turn away from their sins."

Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 AM

[quote=ahigherway;26270021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabalfred View Post

You confirmed my point. "These are they that come of the great tribulation." Not, "these are they that avoided/escaped great tribulation."

Peace,
brian
Oh, I see, so you are part of these company who went through the great tribulation... OK no problem: ok:

But I rather go with the First batch that will be spared from the great tribulation...

1Th 1:10 "...and to wait for his Son to come from heaven---his Son Jesus, whom he raised from death and who rescues us from God's anger that is coming.

1Th 5:9-10 "God did not choose us to suffer his anger, but to possess salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us in order that we might live together with him, whether we are alive or dead when he comes."

Old 09-27-2012, 07:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,102,817 times
[quote=alabalfred;26270231]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Oh, I see, so you are part of these company who went through the great tribulation... OK no problem: ok:

But I rather go with the First batch that will be spared from the great tribulation...

1Th 1:10 "...and to wait for his Son to come from heaven---his Son Jesus, whom he raised from death and who rescues us from God's anger that is coming.

1Th 5:9-10 "God did not choose us to suffer his anger, but to possess salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us in order that we might live together with him, whether we are alive or dead when he comes."
"I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil." John 17

"For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt." Mark 9

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16

Blessings,
brian

Old 09-27-2012, 10:50 PM

[quote=ahigherway;26270823]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabalfred View Post

"I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil." John 17

"For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt." Mark 9

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16

Blessings,
brian
I quote Bible verses about the Rapture and you quote as well about tribulation... Better we both go and live believing what we are so convinced about... I believe in the Rapture while you believe in the Tribulation... No problem with me... Go ahead... I will wait for you after the Great Tribulation ...

Blessings too...

Old 10-01-2012, 03:51 AM

There are 2 groups of people here... One, those who are already sitting on the thrones- (those who have been Raptured and came down with Jesus upon His return to judge the Anti-Christ and the False Prophet and their armies to set up His Millennial Kingdom, while the other group were those who passed through the Great Tribulation and were beheaded for their testimony of Jesus both from the Jews and the Gentile believers... They were raised to life to reign with the KING of Kings along with the rest of the Kingdom of Priests seated upon their respective thrones that did not experience death.

Rev 20:4 "Then I saw some thrones and people sitting on them. These were the ones who had been given the power to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been killed because they were faithful to the truth of Jesus and the message from God. They did not worship the beast or its idol. They did not receive the mark of the beast on their foreheads or on their hands. They came back to life and ruled with Christ for 1000 years."

Old 10-02-2012, 06:00 AM

Who will go in the Rapture? Only Those who keep themselves holy and pure...

1 John 3:2-3 "My loved ones, now we are children of God, and at present it is not clear what we are to be. We are certain that at his revelation we will be like him; for we will see him as he is. And everyone who has this hope in him makes himself holy, even as he is holy."

Php 3:20-21 "We, however, are citizens of heaven, and we eagerly wait for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven. He will change our weak mortal bodies and make them like his own glorious body, using that power by which he is able to bring all things under his rule."

Old 10-04-2012, 03:07 AM

What a Blessed Joy it is indeed to be included in the Rapture!

1Corinthians 15:50-54 "My friends, I want you to know that our bodies of flesh and blood will decay. This means that they cannot share in God's kingdom, which lasts forever. I will explain a mystery to you. Not every one of us will die, but we will all be changed. It will happen suddenly, quicker than the blink of an eye. [At the sound of the last trumpet the dead will be raised. We will all be changed, so that we will never die again. Our dead and decaying bodies will be changed into bodies that won't die or decay. The bodies we now have are weak and can die. But they will be changed into bodies that are eternal. Then the Scriptures will come true, "Death has lost the battle!"

Last edited by june 7th; 10-12-2012 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Red is used for moderation within posts. Any other color is okay.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:00 PM

260 posts, read 292,735 times
According to scripture Jesus comes for the chrurch (presumably "believers in the son of man" ) We will be "caught up" man defines this as rapture (fine) . In sequence the dead shall rise first followed by the living. It isn't Jesus second coming as we are caught up in the clouds . Jesus second coming is post tribualtion when he sets up shop for 1000 years.

In Yahoushua,

Rabbidave

Old 10-07-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbidave View Post
According to scripture Jesus comes for the chrurch (presumably "believers in the son of man" ) We will be "caught up" man defines this as rapture (fine) . In sequence the dead shall rise first followed by the living. It isn't Jesus second coming as we are caught up in the clouds . Jesus second coming is post tribualtion when he sets up shop for 1000 years.

In Yahoushua,

Rabbidave
You might mean this? 1Thessalonians 4:15-18 "Our Lord Jesus told us that when he comes, we won't go up to meet him ahead of his followers who have already died. With a loud command and with the shout of the chief angel and a blast of God's trumpet, ]the Lord will return from heaven. Then those who had faith in Christ before they died will be raised to life. Next, all of us who are still alive will be taken up into the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the sky]. From that time on we will all be with the Lord forever. Encourage each other with these words."

Last edited by june 7th; 10-12-2012 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: Red is used for moderation actions within threads. Any other color is okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity