U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 PM

268 posts, read 226,541 times

Advertisements

There is Only One GOD in Three distinct Persons - The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit
Each One is Perfect, Each One possesses Omni-Qualities [Omni-Potent (All-Powerful), Omni-Present (Everywhere Present) and Omni-Scient (All-knowing)] Each one has His unique Function but has equal Powers.

The closest parallel explanation I could come up with is the Government... Since God made all governments... according to the Book of Romans 13:1-6...

"All of you must obey the government rulers. Everyone who rules was given the power to rule by God. And all those who rule now were given that power by God. So anyone who is against the government is really against something God has commanded. Those who are against the government bring punishment on themselves. People who do right don't have to fear the rulers. But those who do wrong must fear them. Do you want to be free from fearing them? Then do only what is right, and they will praise you. Rulers are God's servants to help you. But if you do wrong, you have reason to be afraid. They have the power to punish, and they will use it. They are God's servants to punish those who do wrong. So you must obey the government, not just because you might be punished, but because you know it is the right thing to do. And this is why you pay taxes too. Those rulers are working for God, and they give all their time to the work of ruling."

Each government has a Legislative, Judiciary and the Executive branches. There is only One government but with three distinct branches that has equal powers and autonomy. They have their respective distinct functions. The Legislative invents the Law, the Judiciary interprets the law, while the Executive implements the Law. When these functions are done righteously, there will be peace and prosperity in the land.

Now we can at least see a glimpse of the mystery of the Trinity, as the Bible has revealed in Isaiah 33:22 "For the Lord is our Judge, the Lord is our Law-giver, the Lord is our King; He will be our Savior." We can see the three functions of the LORD here as well as the one who will save the law-breakers.

The Father personally wrote the Law (the Ten Commandments) Deut. 10:4
The Son personally came on earth to fulfill and interpret the Law - Matt 5:17
The Holy Spirit came on the Day of Pentecost to implement the Law (He executed a couple in Acts 5 who broke 3 of the Commands of the Father)

Thus the TRINITY also known as the TRIUNE GOD are working together to see to it that the Redemption of Mankind will be a glorious Success...

Do you have your own revelation to share on this profound mystery of the GODHEAD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 PM

14,078 posts, read 17,027,829 times
I like to illustrate it using the body.

I'm me, made up of body, mind and spirit. Each part of my body has a unique purpose, but it's all a part of the overall whole called "me."

Old 09-18-2012, 09:18 PM

1,321 posts, read 1,005,084 times
if we could we wouldn't be having this conversation....

Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I like to illustrate it using the body.

I'm me, made up of body, mind and spirit. Each part of my body has a unique purpose, but it's all a part of the overall whole called "me."
That's a nice one... yes human beings have body (5 senses), soul (mind, will and emotion) and spirit (eternal life from God).

To a human body - we have the skeletal system that can be likened to the law that must not be broken. we also have the muscular and nervous systems that gives the skeleton substance, and the respiratory system that sustains the whole body.

It is the same with the TRINITY - the law of the Father is the skeletal structure that makes one stand.

The Son is the muscular part because Christ is the substance of the law.

While the Holy Spirit is the air that gives us sustenance....

That's why on the Day of Pentecost - the Body of Christ gathered - (these are those who know and live according to the Law of the Father, and they have known the Son in the flesh for 3 and a half years, yet they were waiting for the third person... the Holy Spirit who came and breath in them the breath of heaven and they were made alive and empowered from then on).

It is likened also to the day when Adam was created by God. He had the skeletal and muscular system... yet he had no life... until God breath the breath of life, and he became a living soul.

So must the Body of Christ now... even in our modern age. We must have the Law of the Father to regulate our lives, we must also have the Love of the Son to relate us with one another in Agape love, and the Life of the Spirit to rejuvenate us always.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:20 PM

4,514 posts, read 8,595,852 times
I would not be surprised if one day a bunch of Evangelicals figured that this doctrine is a Papal/Constantinian corruption merging pagan, polytheistic Roman customs and melding them into Christianity. It would be up to the Catholic, Orthodox, and Reformed churches to uphold the doctrine of the Trinity if this happened.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:15 PM

3,066 posts, read 2,935,861 times
The 'Trinity" doctrine had to be developed to explain how there could be two divine persons(God the Father and God the Son) contrary to Biblical teachings and logic.

This concept started to be developed in the 2nd century, a third "person" was added, and the teaching was finalized in the 4th century.

But when analyzed, the claim doesn't hold up. It breaks down when one starts to claim that three
"persons" are co-equal but different. If somethings are different, it is so because they have or lack some characteristic another has. Hence, they are not really co-equal.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
The 'Trinity" doctrine had to be developed to explain how there could be two divine persons(God the Father and God the Son) contrary to Biblical teachings and logic.

This concept started to be developed in the 2nd century, a third "person" was added, and the teaching was finalized in the 4th century.

But when analyzed, the claim doesn't hold up. It breaks down when one starts to claim that three
"persons" are co-equal but different. If somethings are different, it is so because they have or lack some characteristic another has. Hence, they are not really co-equal.
Please read my first post to answer your contention here... Co-equal simply means they have equal powers and authority, as well as their Omni-qualities... but different in functions and persons...

Old 09-20-2012, 06:27 AM

8,021 posts, read 7,053,519 times
No the Doctrine of the Trinity cannot be understood or explained. Instead, it is to be confessed and believed.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:38 AM

3,066 posts, read 2,935,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabalfred View Post
Please read my first post to answer your contention here... Co-equal simply means they have equal powers and authority, as well as their Omni-qualities... but different in functions and persons...
RESPONSE:

Sorry. You can't get out of the fact that three persons cannot logically be co-equal by trying to limit the meaning of "co-equal" to only "powers and authority." Nice try.

If they are different in functions and persons, they are clearly not co-equal.

And if you place any weight on scripture, then members of the Trinity aren't really co-equal.

Examples:

1 Corinthians 8:6, "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

John 5:19, "...The Son can do nothing of himself..."

Do you want to examine the other two claimed aspects of the Trinity, "coexistent and coeternal."

Old 09-20-2012, 04:02 PM

26,196 posts, read 14,086,044 times
Closest parallel is marriage.

Two separate individual become one flesh. It's not three - but the idea is the same.

1 Corinthians 11:3 - ...and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

Even the dynamics of the relationships are similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity