U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-19-2012, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,564 posts, read 36,545,862 times
Reputation: 13180

Advertisements

Hello,

I posted this in another thread (at the top of the page - one of the 'Sticky' threads) but thought I'd better start a separate thread to be sure people would see it. I am copying/pasting from my other post.

Thank you!!!

*****

I didn't see a forum for prayer requests, so I am posting this here. I do not know this boy, but this breaks my heart. I have been praying for his complete healing and recovery and also that the woman who hit him and left him to die will either turn herself in or that somebody else will turn her in or that she will otherwise be caught and arrested. I have been praying that her conscience becomes so unbearable that she cannot live with herself any longer and that she will have no choice but to do the right thing. I have added Grant and his family to the prayer circle at my church, so I know there are lots of people lifting this boy and his family in prayer, but the more prayers the better! I know Jesus is the Healer and that He hears and answers our prayers. Please join those who are already praying for this boy and believing for a miracle! Thank you so much for your prayers!

http://www.mydesert.com/article/2012...ce-public-help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2012, 02:45 PM
 
489 posts, read 670,561 times
Reputation: 160
Thank you for sharing and our prayers are with them in the loving hands of the most Holy Spirit. The link you provided either is invalid or not available anymore to view. Is there any way you could retrieve this story once more or another link? I would like to add this to our prayer circle here on CityData and also in other circles. How old is this anyways or other words, how long ago did this happen?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/group...ist-jesus.html

....Peace be with you, as peace I leave you from my heart!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,564 posts, read 36,545,862 times
Reputation: 13180
Hi Brother Michael,

Thank you for your prayers and for letting me know the link is a dud. Here are some links from another local news source. The accident happened on Monday, Sept. 10th.

Father makes plea for hit-and-run suspect | News - Home

Teen in a coma after hit and run | News - Home

Palm Desert High School student was victim in hit and run | News - Home

Grant's mother, JJ Virgin has a website too where she posted about her son, and probably when she has time, she will update us on Grant's condition. I am looking forward to and believing for a good report!

Thank you, again!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 PM
 
489 posts, read 670,561 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hi Brother Michael,

Thank you for your prayers and for letting me know the link is a dud. Here are some links from another local news source. The accident happened on Monday, Sept. 10th.

Father makes plea for hit-and-run suspect | News - Home

Teen in a coma after hit and run | News - Home

Palm Desert High School student was victim in hit and run | News - Home

Grant's mother, JJ Virgin has a website too where she posted about her son, and probably when she has time, she will update us on Grant's condition. I am looking forward to and believing for a good report!

Thank you, again!!!
No, thank you TT's! It is people as you that have His (Father God) courage and boldness to bring these out to all us brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. Intercessory prayer is much needed and also commanded by our Lord Christ Jesus.

I once wrote this devotion and is also posted here somewhere on this site...

Intercessory prayer is prayer for others. An intercessor is one who takes the place of another or pleads another ones case. Believing, persevering prayer whereby someone pleads with God our Father on behalf of another or others who desperately need God our Fathers help.

The act of praying on behalf of others.

Jesus commands intercessory prayer, because it opens man's soul, gives a healthy play to his sympathies, constrains him to feel that he is not everybody, and that this wide world & this great universe were not after all made that he might be its petty lord, that everything might bend to his will, and all creatures crouch at his feet.

Christ Jesus is a mediator and intercessor for us.




....Thank you again and peace be with you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,507,295 times
Reputation: 39856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hi Brother Michael,

Thank you for your prayers and for letting me know the link is a dud. Here are some links from another local news source. The accident happened on Monday, Sept. 10th.

Father makes plea for hit-and-run suspect | News - Home

Teen in a coma after hit and run | News - Home

Palm Desert High School student was victim in hit and run | News - Home

Grant's mother, JJ Virgin has a website too where she posted about her son, and probably when she has time, she will update us on Grant's condition. I am looking forward to and believing for a good report!

Thank you, again!!!
We should never underestimate the power of prayer my friend

I will join you in praying for this young man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2012, 09:23 PM
 
5,806 posts, read 4,786,223 times
Reputation: 4303
What a sad situation all around.
Prayers going up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 01:53 AM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,564 posts, read 36,545,862 times
Reputation: 13180
Thank you so much for joining in prayer for Grant! I just got home a little while ago and checked for any updates about his condition and to see if the woman who hit him has been "smoked out" of her hiding place and arrested yet. Unfortunately she hasn't been arrested yet - but she WILL be! God knows what she's done, who she is, where she's hiding, and there are SO MANY of us praying - not only for Grant and the Virgin family - but for this woman to be brought to justice and held responsible for her actions. She can only hide for so long before our prayers are answered and she is revealed. She can't hide from God!

JJ Virgin, Grant's mother, updated her Facebook page 3 hours ago and when I read his progress I just had to lift my hands and PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!! He is answering all of our prayers - Grant is recovering and his health will be fully restored - I believe it!

When I first read the article in our local paper about this accident, I was immediately compelled to pray for Grant, the family, the arrest of the hit-and-run driver. I have not stopped praying ever since. I have two sons who also attended and graduated from Palm Desert High School. I do not know Grant or any members of his family. I asked both of my sons if they knew Grant or his brother Bryce, and they don't know them either. But the horror of this tragedy just really struck me. My kids (as well as numerous others) walk this particular route from the school to their homes. It could just as easily have been one of my kids. I cannot imagine what this family is going through! How awful that somebody would hit your child, get out of her car to inspect her car, look at the child lying in the street suffering terribly, and get back into her car and drive away, leaving your child to suffer and die in the street. I cannot even imagine what kind of person does that! It's incomprehensible - how do you live with yourself!!! Anyway - I pray she is arrested very soon. She needs to answer for what she's done.

Here is the link to JJ Virgin's Facebook page where she's posted recent updates about Grant. I am very excited to hear (read) about Grant's progress. I honestly believe that from the very instant the first prayer went up to Heaven on Grant's behalf - from whoever prayed that very first prayer - our Lord began the healing process at that very moment. Grant was not even expected to survive the flight to the hospital, and now he's trying to open his eyes! Praise God!!!!!

JJ Virgin | Facebook

Again, thank you for joining me and numerous others in prayer for this young man and his family! God Bless each and every one of you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 09:56 AM
 
489 posts, read 670,561 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Thank you so much for joining in prayer for Grant! I just got home a little while ago and checked for any updates about his condition and to see if the woman who hit him has been "smoked out" of her hiding place and arrested yet. Unfortunately she hasn't been arrested yet - but she WILL be! God knows what she's done, who she is, where she's hiding, and there are SO MANY of us praying - not only for Grant and the Virgin family - but for this woman to be brought to justice and held responsible for her actions. She can only hide for so long before our prayers are answered and she is revealed. She can't hide from God!

JJ Virgin, Grant's mother, updated her Facebook page 3 hours ago and when I read his progress I just had to lift my hands and PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!! He is answering all of our prayers - Grant is recovering and his health will be fully restored - I believe it!

When I first read the article in our local paper about this accident, I was immediately compelled to pray for Grant, the family, the arrest of the hit-and-run driver. I have not stopped praying ever since. I have two sons who also attended and graduated from Palm Desert High School. I do not know Grant or any members of his family. I asked both of my sons if they knew Grant or his brother Bryce, and they don't know them either. But the horror of this tragedy just really struck me. My kids (as well as numerous others) walk this particular route from the school to their homes. It could just as easily have been one of my kids. I cannot imagine what this family is going through! How awful that somebody would hit your child, get out of her car to inspect her car, look at the child lying in the street suffering terribly, and get back into her car and drive away, leaving your child to suffer and die in the street. I cannot even imagine what kind of person does that! It's incomprehensible - how do you live with yourself!!! Anyway - I pray she is arrested very soon. She needs to answer for what she's done.

Here is the link to JJ Virgin's Facebook page where she's posted recent updates about Grant. I am very excited to hear (read) about Grant's progress. I honestly believe that from the very instant the first prayer went up to Heaven on Grant's behalf - from whoever prayed that very first prayer - our Lord began the healing process at that very moment. Grant was not even expected to survive the flight to the hospital, and now he's trying to open his eyes! Praise God!!!!!

JJ Virgin | Facebook

Again, thank you for joining me and numerous others in prayer for this young man and his family! God Bless each and every one of you!!!
Praise be God in Jesus' mighty name! Hallelujah and God is just awesome and alive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2012, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Coachella Valley, California
15,564 posts, read 36,545,862 times
Reputation: 13180
Here's an update on Grant's condition. The prayers are being heard and they are being answered! God is good!!!


Hit-and-run victim improves | News - Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2012, 03:18 PM
 
489 posts, read 670,561 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Here's an update on Grant's condition. The prayers are being heard and they are being answered! God is good!!!


Hit-and-run victim improves | News - Home
God is great! He is EVERYTHING! I have not looked at it today until now, and this is just awesome news in the name of Jesus. Thank you for the update TT, and I have utmost faith in all His works, even when the answer could be no, or not in our favor. This was in His favor for this young man to live on, and I only hope that this young man will live on for Him....Ame, I say!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top