Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,691,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
?
Its according to which part of the Bible you read, as has been evidenced by some of the post here already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 01:08 AM

419 posts, read 434,907 times
Moderator cut: delete There have been cases where people in the OT have seen partial manifestations of God or have seen the Angel of the Lord...but not the full Glory of God.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-21-2012 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Please do not bring Mormonism into this thread

Old 09-21-2012, 05:57 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
John 1:18 - No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 6:46 - "Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.

1 John 4:12 - No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.
Joh 1:18 God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father--he did declare.

Joh 6:46 not that any one hath seen the Father, except he who is from God, he hath seen the Father.

1Jn 4:12 God no one hath ever seen; if we may love one another, God in us doth remain, and His love is having been perfected in us;

Old 09-21-2012, 06:40 AM

77 posts, read 74,573 times
No human on earth seen Jehovah's face, because we are all imperfect beings. Moses was closer to Jehovah then we are, and even he couldn't see Jehovah's face:

* Exodus 33:20 - And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
33:21 - And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
33:22 - And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
33:23 - And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Jesus even said that no one could see his father's face, but himself:

* John 1:18 - No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:31 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times
If you want to see God, just look at your fellow man...or better yet, just look in the mirror.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:41 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell93 View Post
No human on earth seen Jehovah's face, because we are all imperfect beings. Moses was closer to Jehovah then we are, and even he couldn't see Jehovah's face:

* Exodus 33:20 - And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
33:21 - And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
33:22 - And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
33:23 - And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Jesus even said that no one could see his father's face, but himself:

* John 1:18 - No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Many scritures are paradoxes and seem to contradict because as the Scripture says He has hid these things from the wise of this world and the prudent of this world but has revealed them unto those who have the Spirit, faith and trust as babes. They are as the Word says a, "Mystery hidden within a mystery" but revealed in due time to those who seek diligently the face of God. Only in the light of His countenance/face do we see the light of Truth. All through Scripture it talks of His countenance which means His face of a loving Father.

One such Scripture that is a mystery and seems to contradict what God said to Moses is:
2CHRON 7:14 "If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Now why would God ask us to seek His face if that meant that we would die literally. It is because it is talking about dieing to self. Moses saw the back side of God because it was the time of the law.
2COR 3:13 "And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:" 2COR 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Today it is "blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God." The purified heart can now see the face of God, howbeit as through a glass because we only see in part but when He returns we shall see the fullness of His Glory.
1COR 13:9-10 "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away."

2COR 4:6 "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." We behold God by beholding the face of Jesus because we have the Spirit of Grace to do so.
No man as seen the shape of God nor His form because God is Spirit and they that worship Him must worship in Spirit and in Truth not a physical face.

Last edited by garya123; 09-21-2012 at 09:59 AM..

Old 09-21-2012, 09:47 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
?

Why do Bible versus and Scripture always have to be brought into threads like this? The original question is very simple:

Have YOU ever SEEN GOD?

For me the answer is NO, I have never SEEN GOD with my physical eyes I SEE all the beauty, wonder and glory of God every moment of everyday even if I am typing on my computer responding to a post on the City Data Forum. I FEEL God within my being and my spirit more often than I do not feel God but I believe God does exist. I figure I will SEE GOD after my spirit leaves my physical body and it is time for me to cross over and I am fine with that.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why do Bible versus and Scripture always have to be brought into threads like this? The original question is very simple:

Have YOU ever SEEN GOD?

For me the answer is NO, I have never SEEN GOD with my physical eyes I SEE all the beauty, wonder and glory of God every moment of everyday even if I am typing on my computer responding to a post on the City Data Forum. I FEEL God within my being and my spirit more often than I do not feel God but I believe God does exist. I figure I will SEE GOD after my spirit leaves my physical body and it is time for me to cross over and I am fine with that.
Then you have seen God and you see Him daily as the Scripture means that we would. You are blessed!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
If you want to see God, just look at your fellow man...or better yet, just look in the mirror.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:06 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Philip *said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” *Jesus *said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father;

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

Just saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity