U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2012, 08:56 AM
 
2,755 posts, read 2,136,181 times
Reputation: 563

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I try to stay in a tent/gazebo for the seven days of the Feast of Tabernacles, but our organization allows one to stay in a hotel/motel or some other temporary dwelling.

We save a tenth of our gross income to be spent for attending and observing the Feast, so many church brethren get to travel to some very nice Feast sites around the world. If you make $25,000 that would mean you would have saved $2,500 to spend on the Feast. We get to live the abundant life as pictured by the coming 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ, after Jesus Christ returns and replaces all the current governments on this earth with the Government of the Kingdom of God.

Some go to Jerusalem for the Feast if the site is available for their organization. Others go to almost every imaginable place on the face of this earth where their church organization has provided a Feast site for members to attend.

Here is a list of sites for just one church group in 2012:

UNITED STATES
Boerne, TX
Chattanooga, TN
Kauai, HI
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Newport, OR
Panama City Beach, FL
San Luis Obispo, CA
Tannersville, PA
Vail, CO
Virginia Beach, VA
Wisconsin Dells, WI

CANADA
Kimberley, BC
Liverpool, NS
Niagara Region, ON
Shawinigan, QC

CARRIBEAN
Christ Church, Barbados
Crown Point, Tobago
Martinique
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Port-au-Prince, Haiti

MEXICO/CENTRAL AMERICA
Antigua, Guatemala
Punta Leona, Costa Rica
Tequisquiapan, Mexico

SOUTH AMERICA
Awarewaunau, Guyana
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Georgetown, Guyana
Huaychulo, Peru
Sierra de la Ventana, Argentina

SOUTH ASIA
Baguio City, Philippines
Batu, Indonesia
Davao City, Philippines
Don Carlos, Philippines
Imphal, India
Kalaymyo, Myanmar
Mae Sot, Thailand
Maranding, Philippines
Melaka, Malaysia
Sakangyi, Myanmar

SOUTH PACIFIC
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Mandurah, WA, Australia
Orap, Vanuatu
Victor Harbor, SA, Australia
Wewak, Papua New Guinea

WEST EUROPE
Buxton, England
Toulon, France

AFRICA
Glentana, South Africa
Isibania, Kenya
Lagos, Nigeria

SOUTH ASIA
Port Shepstone, South Africa
Sri Lanka


When Christ returns the whole world will keep the Feast. Even the Gentile nations as we read in Zechariah 14.

Zechariah 14:
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

So, by implication, Christ is going to enforce the keeping of God's Holy Sabbath Days and Festivals.
- In 'The Regeneration' of the 1,000 yr Rule & Reign of
'The King OF kings and Lord OF Lords' on this earth. - Matt.19:28 - Rev.20:4

The Apostles of The Lamb will sit on 12 Thrones Judging Israel - Matt.19:28 - Rev.20:4
With 'The 144,000 Of All the Tribes Of Israel' who follow Him whereever He goes. - Rev.14

There will then be The Camp 0f The Saints at The Beloved City. - Rev.20:9

At this time and place, with these peoples, and those left of other nations, on this earth?
I've no doubt is Zech.14

Zech. 14 is not now. It is not with us. Nor is there any Scripture for Zech 14
being within (New) Heavenly Jerusalem at this time, or after.
When there is a New Heaven & New Earth. - Rev.21

I am a part of The Great Multitude The Lamb's wife a Pillar of New Jerusalem
who goes out no more but serves God day and night in His Temple New Jerusalem.
All During The 1,000 Rule & Reign On This Earth of His Davidic Kingdom-Rule. - Rev.3:12 - Rev.7 - Rev.19

Zech 14 has no bearing on me now, nor then, nor after then....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM
 
2,531 posts, read 1,916,107 times
Reputation: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I try to stay in a tent/gazebo for the seven days of the Feast of Tabernacles, but our organization allows one to stay in a hotel/motel or some other temporary dwelling.

We save a tenth of our gross income to be spent for attending and observing the Feast, so many church brethren get to travel to some very nice Feast sites around the world. If you make $25,000 that would mean you would have saved $2,500 to spend on the Feast. We get to live the abundant life as pictured by the coming 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ, after Jesus Christ returns and replaces all the current governments on this earth with the Government of the Kingdom of God.

Some go to Jerusalem for the Feast if the site is available for their organization. Others go to almost every imaginable place on the face of this earth where their church organization has provided a Feast site for members to attend.

Here is a list of sites for just one church group in 2012:

UNITED STATES
Boerne, TX
Chattanooga, TN
Kauai, HI
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Newport, OR
Panama City Beach, FL
San Luis Obispo, CA
Tannersville, PA
Vail, CO
Virginia Beach, VA
Wisconsin Dells, WI

CANADA
Kimberley, BC
Liverpool, NS
Niagara Region, ON
Shawinigan, QC

CARRIBEAN
Christ Church, Barbados
Crown Point, Tobago
Martinique
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Port-au-Prince, Haiti

MEXICO/CENTRAL AMERICA
Antigua, Guatemala
Punta Leona, Costa Rica
Tequisquiapan, Mexico

SOUTH AMERICA
Awarewaunau, Guyana
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Georgetown, Guyana
Huaychulo, Peru
Sierra de la Ventana, Argentina

SOUTH ASIA
Baguio City, Philippines
Batu, Indonesia
Davao City, Philippines
Don Carlos, Philippines
Imphal, India
Kalaymyo, Myanmar
Mae Sot, Thailand
Maranding, Philippines
Melaka, Malaysia
Sakangyi, Myanmar

SOUTH PACIFIC
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Mandurah, WA, Australia
Orap, Vanuatu
Victor Harbor, SA, Australia
Wewak, Papua New Guinea

WEST EUROPE
Buxton, England
Toulon, France

AFRICA
Glentana, South Africa
Isibania, Kenya
Lagos, Nigeria

SOUTH ASIA
Port Shepstone, South Africa
Sri Lanka


When Christ returns the whole world will keep the Feast. Even the Gentile nations as we read in Zechariah 14.

Zechariah 14:
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

So, by implication, Christ is going to enforce the keeping of God's Holy Sabbath Days and Festivals.
Very sad that you see Christ as only special days and feasts. Why don't you keep the real Feast of Tabernacles in Christ. This outward stuff means nothing to God when it comes to establishing righteousness. The Tabernacles are the dwelling places of God. You are the Tabernacle of God to dwell in and we being many are the Tabernacles of God in Christ, the Church in the wilderness. God wants us to keep the true meaning of the Feast of Tabernacles by faith in Christ to receive the real thing of Gace and Truth now not later.

2COR 3:12-16 "Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: But their minds were blinded: for until this day there remains the same vail untaken away in the reading of the Old Testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it [Isreal] shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

The law is abolished for those in Christ but remains till heaven and eath pass away for those who want to live under the law so that all will be shown that they come short of the Glory of God and then perhaps turn to the Lord and the vail be taken out of the way to behold the Glory of God in the face of Christ.

Last edited by garya123; 09-23-2012 at 09:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 AM
 
Location: East Coast
29,561 posts, read 19,598,369 times
Reputation: 2056
Know you not you are the tabernacle of God ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 AM
 
951 posts, read 789,897 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Very sad that you see Christ as only special days and feasts. Why don't you keep the real Feast of Tabernacles in Christ. This outward stuff means nothing to God when it comes to establishing righteousness. The Tabernacles are the dwelling places of God. You are the Tabernacle of God to dwell in and we being many are the Tabernacles of God in Christ, the Church in the wilderness. God wants us to keep the true meaning of the Feast of Tabernacles by faith in Christ to receive the real thing of Gace and Truth now not later.

2COR 3:12-16 "Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: But their minds were blinded: for until this day there remains the same vail untaken away in the reading of the Old Testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it [Isreal] shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

The law is abolished for those in Christ but remains till heaven and eath pass away for those who want to live under the law so that all will be shown that they come short of the Glory of God and then perhaps turn to the Lord and the vail be taken out of the way to behold the Glory of God in the face of Christ.
I disagree. Christ kept the Sabbaths both weekly and annual and the scriptures even record Jesus Christ attending the Feast of Tabernacles. The apostles kept the Holy Days. We are commanded to do as they did. The pagan festivals known today as Christmas and Easter were being observed at the time of Christ. If Christ wanted to abandoned the days of God for pagan substitutes, we would find His instructions in the Word of God, but we do not.

These Holy Days picture God's Master Plan of Salvation for mankind. When we attend the Feast of Tabernacles we are doing as God commands and following the example Christ set. The ancient celebrations of the winter solstice (Christmas) and Easter are pagan to the core and participation in these heathen days are forbidden in the scriptures.

Plus, this Millennial rule of Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the Gospel of the Kingdom God. Christ preached to the world in general in parable form about this coming Kingdom. If you go to the Feast of Tabernacles this helps reinforce your belief in the true Gospel of the Kingdom of God since at the Feast you are actually given a foretaste of the abundant living that will made available when Christ returns and sets up the Kingdom of God on this earth.

Here is a song that many of us have come to enjoy especially at the Feast of Tabernacles. Listen to the words -- they picture the time when wild animals will be tame and the world will be at peace.

"It Won't Be Long Now" -- written and composed by Ross Jutsum -- sung by Renae Bechtold (of the Young Ambassadors) -- was in the Worldwide Church of God's Festival Film for 1983.


It Won't Be Long Now - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2012, 10:18 AM
 
2,531 posts, read 1,916,107 times
Reputation: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I disagree. Christ kept the Sabbaths both weekly and annual and the scriptures even record Jesus Christ attending the Feast of Tabernacles. The apostles kept the Holy Days. We are commanded to do as they did. The pagan festivals known today as Christmas and Easter were being observed at the time of Christ. If Christ wanted to abandoned the days of God for pagan substitutes, we would find His instructions in the Word of God, but we do not.

These Holy Days picture God's Master Plan of Salvation for mankind. When we attend the Feast of Tabernacles we are doing as God commands and following the example Christ set. The ancient celebrations of the winter solstice (Christmas) and Easter are pagan to the core and participation in these heathen days are forbidden in the scriptures.

Plus, this Millennial rule of Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the Gospel of the Kingdom God. Christ preached to the world in general in parable form about this coming Kingdom. If you go to the Feast of Tabernacles this helps reinforce your belief in the true Gospel of the Kingdom of God since at the Feast you are actually given a foretaste of the abundant living that will made available when Christ returns and sets up the Kingdom of God on this earth.

Here is a song that many of us have come to enjoy especially at the Feast of Tabernacles. Listen to the words -- they picture the time when wild animals will be tame and the world will be at peace.

"It Won't Be Long Now" -- written and composed by Ross Jutsum -- sung by Renae Bechtold (of the Young Ambassadors) -- was in the Worldwide Church of God's Festival Film for 1983.


It Won't Be Long Now - YouTube
It is not me you disagree with but the very Scriptures you put your trust in which all speak of Christ. Have a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 AM
 
951 posts, read 789,897 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
It is not me you disagree with but the very Scriptures you put your trust in which all speak of Christ. Have a good day.
That is not true. The Scriptures show plainly that Christ kept the Feast of Tabernacles while on this earth about 2,000 years ago and Zechariah 14 shows that Christ will force even Gentile nations to keep the Feast of Tabernacles after His return.

In the meantime, God's True Church walks the same walk Christ walked and keeps the Feast of Tabernacles. Satan has deceived modern Christianity into substituting ancient pagan days of celebration for the Holy Days and Festivals of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2012, 01:59 PM
 
2,755 posts, read 2,136,181 times
Reputation: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
That is not true. The Scriptures show plainly that Christ kept the Feast of Tabernacles while on this earth about 2,000 years ago and Zechariah 14 shows that Christ will force even Gentile nations to keep the Feast of Tabernacles after His return.

In the meantime, God's True Church walks the same walk Christ walked and keeps the Feast of Tabernacles. Satan has deceived modern Christianity into substituting ancient pagan days of celebration for the Holy Days and Festivals of God.
You mean Christ made for Himself a Booth? Where is that in The Scriptures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2012, 02:15 PM
 
951 posts, read 789,897 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
You mean Christ made for Himself a Booth? Where is that in The Scriptures?
And show me in the Scriptures where Christ set up a Christmas tree and engaged in pagan practices that are usually associated with pagan winter solstice celebrations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2012, 03:00 PM
 
Location: East Coast
29,561 posts, read 19,598,369 times
Reputation: 2056
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
You mean Christ made for Himself a Booth? Where is that in The Scriptures?
Christ in you(tabernacle/booth) the hope of glory Col 1:27.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2012, 03:09 PM
 
2,531 posts, read 1,916,107 times
Reputation: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
That is not true. The Scriptures show plainly that Christ kept the Feast of Tabernacles while on this earth about 2,000 years ago and Zechariah 14 shows that Christ will force even Gentile nations to keep the Feast of Tabernacles after His return.

In the meantime, God's True Church walks the same walk Christ walked and keeps the Feast of Tabernacles. Satan has deceived modern Christianity into substituting ancient pagan days of celebration for the Holy Days and Festivals of God.
Well, I do keep the Feast Tabernacles only I am keeping the real thing and you are not. Yours is but a shadow of what is already hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:04 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top