Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 01:38 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
I don't recall that any of them were there to condemn. From what I viewed in the video, they were there simply to share God's Word to those who would listen. There is a difference although many people see sharing the Word as judgmental when in reality, it is not.

I must add though that it appears many people do not have a problem with the gay movement forcing their agenda into the public school system under the guise of "tolerance" or into the political arena by pushing legislation to make "intolerance" a hate crime. If this is passed, it means that a pastor preaching against homosexuality on any given Sunday can be jailed but a gay person can dance naked down the main street of some major city and be described as "freely expressing oneself". (See recent gay parade photos from SF if you don't believe me.) Now who is being intolerant?
Yes, I'm sure they are there to extend a loving, helping hand of christian acceptance to a group of people who are routinely treated worse then a dog in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 01:46 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
I don't recall that any of them were there to condemn. From what I viewed in the video, they were there simply to share God's Word to those who would listen. There is a difference although many people see sharing the Word as judgmental when in reality, it is not.

I must add though that it appears many people do not have a problem with the gay movement forcing their agenda into the public school system under the guise of "tolerance" or into the political arena by pushing legislation to make "intolerance" a hate crime. If this is passed, it means that a pastor preaching against homosexuality on any given Sunday can be jailed but a gay person can dance naked down the main street of some major city and be described as "freely expressing oneself". (See recent gay parade photos from SF if you don't believe me.) Now who is being intolerant?
If by agenda, you mean I don't want my head beat, then I guess I have an agenda. I have no problem with teaching age appropriate tolerance to kids. Teaching the specifics of hetero or homo sex, I'd see as inappropriate. Teaching that some kids have two mommies or two daddys, perfectly fine.

It's my understanding that hate crime legislation normally doesn't apply to clergy, so preachers can preach all the hate they want.

Oh, so everyone at the SF pride parade was naked? Sounds like an exageration. And SF is way beyond what the average pride parade is like - or even average gay people. Should we judge heterosexuals based on their behavior at Mardi Gras in New Orleans? It's a similar situation.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:16 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,115,644 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm sure they are there to extend a loving, helping hand of christian acceptance to a group of people who are routinely treated worse then a dog in this country.
Sarcasm breeds more sarcasm and I am not going to buy into it this time, sorry.
Quote:
Oh, so everyone at the SF pride parade was naked? Sounds like an exageration.
I grew up in SF so I know what I'm talking about.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:26 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,189,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Is that why being gay is now considered cool. BTW, we treat dogs pretty well here.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:29 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Is that why being gay is now considered cool. BTW, we treat dogs pretty well here.
I think you know what I mean.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:37 PM

Actually, many gay people have darn good paying jobs...better than a lot of people who are just as qualified and most have good health benefits.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:20 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
I grew up in SF so I know what I'm talking about.
I live in SF, and don't know what you're talking about... would you like to see my pictures from the last few parades?

Last edited by gizmo980; 04-22-2008 at 12:31 AM..

Old 04-22-2008, 12:26 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
...ummm ora gratification...still sexual immorality ( if not married)
married defined by God as Man and Woman
And yet, these "fornicators" of opposite sexes are still permitted to marry, even if they continue to have relations outside of marriage... ever heard of a swinger couple being denied the right to marry?

Old 04-22-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
I live in SF, and don't know what you're talking about... would you like to see my pictures from the last few parades?
Not really because I know what I saw and really don't care to see it again, one way or the other. Thanks anyway.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:42 AM

756 posts, read 2,574,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And yet, these "fornicators" of opposite sexes are still permitted to marry, even if they continue to have relations outside of marriage... ever heard of a swinger couple being denied the right to marry?
Again I will respond with
"read my post on page 8"

I will not argue on what one considers "sin" or not.
God already has.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity