U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2012, 10:47 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,135,252 times

Advertisements

People will be general or vague and say believe in Jesus Christ as savior .

What does believing in Jesus Christ as savior really mean ?

It means trusting in water baptism as the commandment of God to obey---John 3:5.

It means trusting in Christian attire as the commandment of God to obey---1 Peter 3:3.

It means trusting in the 10 commandments as the commandment of God to obey----Exodus 20.

It means trusting in women doctrine as the commandment of God to obey---1 Cor. 14:34-35.

It means trusting in segregation as the commandment of God to obey---2 Cor. 6:14-17.

It means trusting in smart evangelism as the commandment of God to obey---Matthew 7:6.

It means trusting in rebuke as the commandment of God to obey----James 5:20.

It means trusting in Christian marriage as the commandment of God to obey---Romans 7:2-3.

It means trusting in smart submission to leaders as the commandment of God
to obey---Matthew 15:14.

It means trusting in supporting the right people as the commandment of God to
obey----Galations 1:8-9.

It means trusting in all the bible being the word of God as the commandment of God
to obey---2 Timothy 3:16.

It means trusting in applying all the bible as the commandment of God to obey----John 8:31.

It means trusting in replacing the old law with new law today as the commandment of God
to obey today----John 1:17.

It means trusting in tongue rules as the commandment of God to obey today---ALL of 1 Cor. 14.

It means trusting in teaching on repentance correctly as the commandment of God
to obey today---Romans 11:29.

It means trusting in contentment with our work wages as the commandment of God to
obey today---Luke 3:14.

It means trusting in conditional grace as the commandment of God to obey---Romans 6:1.

It means trusting in publishing rules as the commandment of God to obey--Rev. 22:18-19.

It means trusting in modest pursuits for wealth as the commandment of God
to obey---1 Timothy 6.

It means trusting in Sabbath observance today as the commandment of God to
obey----Hebrews 4.

It means trusting in tough love as the commandment of God to obey---2 Thess. 3:10.

It means trusting in modest correction as the commandment of God to obey---Titus 3:10.

It means trusting in revelation as the commandment of God to obey---1 Cor. 8:2.

It means trusting in absolute truth as the commandment of God to obey---2 Peter 1:20-21.

It means trusting in the least commandments as the commandments of God to
obey---Matthew 5:17-20.

It means trusting in holy prayer as the commandment of God to obey----John 17:9.

It means trusting in the blood of Jesus as the commandment of God to obey---Ephesians 4:5.

It means trusting in studying as the commandment of God to obey---2 Timothy 2:15.

It means trusting in being despised as the commandment of God to obey---Matthew 10:22.

It means trusting in the wisdom of God as the commandment of God to obey---Acts 17:28.

It means trusting in the Holy Spirit through the bible as the commandment of God
to obey---1 John 2:27.

It means trusting in despising the wisdom of man as the commandment of God to
obey----Isaiah 64:6 and Jeremiah 10:23.

It means trusting in holy counsel as the commandment of God to obey---Psalms 1.

It means trusting in holy Godhead teaching as the commandment of God to obey----John 8:24.

It means trusting in holy teaching in general as the commandment of God to obey---Ephesians 4:14.

It means trusting in all the bible to live out Christ as the commandment of God to
obey today---Matthew 4:4.

It means trusting in modest faith as the commandment of God to obey---Romans 12:3.

It means trusting in healthy body habits as the commandment of God to obey--3 John 2.

It means trusting in all the bible for every aspect of our life if we're in the commandment of
God to obey--Psalms 119:105.

It means trusting in a 1 faith theology in Christianity as the commandment of God
to obey---Ephesians 4:5.

It means trusting in being hungry for unity with 100% bible believers if we're in the commandment of
God to obey----Matthew 5:6.

It means trusting in being the black sheep of the family if we're in the commandment of God to
obey----Matthew 10:34-37.

It means trusting in bible grammar rules as the commandment of God to obey---Matthew 5:18.

It means not being overconcerned on what you shall eat, drink or wear as the commandment of God
to obey---Matthew 6:31.

It means trusting in a holy fast as the commandment of God to obey---Matthew 6:16-18.

It means investing more money and time in the kingdom of God then in the pleasures of the
flesh if we're in the commandment of God to obey----Matthew 6:19-21.

It means having modest optimism with our walk with God if we're in the commandment of God
to obey him----John 5:39.

It means trusting in confession if we're in the commandment of God to obey him---1 John 1:9.

It means trusting in perfectionist living if we're in the commandment of God to
obey him---Phillipians 3:12-14.

It means trusting in Christian parties if we're in the commandment of God to obey
him----1 Peter 4:1-4.

It means trusting in unity with real 100% bible believers if we're in the commandment of God
to obey him----John 17:21 and Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1 and Matthew 5:6.

It means trusting that a 100% bible believer is a Christian only if we're in the commandment of God
to obey him----John 8:31 and Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4 and Matthew 5:17-20 and
Phillipians 3:12-14 and 2 Timothy 3:16.

It means trusting in knowing the brethren if we're in the commandment of God to obey
him---1 Thess. 5:12.

It means going against culture with the celebrited holidays of Christmas and Easter if we're in the commandment of God to obey him.----John 4:24.

It means you want more out of life then materialism and hobbies and a great life with family and
friends---Colossians 3:1 and Matthew 5:6 and Luke 12:15 and Luke 6:26 and Matthew 10:22.

The cross is not about the blood of Jesus only----John 8:32.

What are you willing to do and give up for Jesus ------Matthew 6:21 ?

This is the true commandment of Jesus or God ---John 8:32 .

Love turning the other cheek is not the only cross today---John 8:32.

Love never offending people is not a cross at all----John 8:32.

No offending people no cross at all----Luke 6:26 and Matthew 10:22 and John 8:32.

Are you more then nice Tom the closet Christian---Matthew 5:14-16 ?

Jesus didn't come to bring peace or love only ---Matthew 10:34 ?

His people are lights in our world to draw God's people to him only----Matthew 7:6 and John 10:27.

No courage with a cross no crown in Christ-----1 Thess. 5:12 and Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1.

Being emotional for the other folks is a waste of time---John 17:9 and John 8:44.

Emotional and theological unity is the body of Christ---John 17:21 and Ephesians 4:5.

Again the noble goal is in uniting with 100% bible believers only---Psalms 133:1.

Unity with other folks is meaningless----John 8:32 and Matthew 5:6 and Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1.

Children of the devil don't belong here----John 8:44 and Matthew 7:6 and Titus 3:10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 07:45 PM

36,350 posts, read 24,423,642 times
Default What's A Commandment Of God ?

"Love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't. That pretty much covers it all.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 PM

56 posts, read 76,756 times
LOL Tony, are you Jewish or Christian? They have 613 commandments according to the Talmund. Only a few hundred more to go and you will have it

However, if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisioner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.

Believe it. If you think that Jesus only paid for your past sins and you have to obey God perfectly to continue in forgiveness you will not make it. Judgement without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgement!

The law is a hard taskmaster

Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 AM

416 posts, read 332,605 times
wow, that's a lot. were you looking for a response to each verse? Or as a whole? That's just a lot to take in.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:27 AM

3,924 posts, read 3,532,695 times
-The entire OT is summed up as Love God and one another

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

-And the New Testament reenforces this what it shows what the commands of Jesus are: Love God and Love one another.

John 13

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

John 14
15 “If you love Me, keep[d] My commandments.

-His commandments were clearly listed in John 13

John 15
9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

1 John 3
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us[e] commandment.
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 4
20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can[c] he love God whom he has not seen? 21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity