Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What say you?
It's better that most go to hell and a few go to heaven 6 28.57%
It'd be better if God never created us/we all just die 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:31 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

I asked a pretty similar question awhile ago, aimed mostly at believers in eternal torment. Would it be better if God sent 10% to heaven and 90% to hell, or if we just died. Most, of course, didn't answer direct.

So here's a similar situation. If God's plan is that 90% of humanity will end up in hell while 10% will join him in heaven, do you PERSONALLY (not 'what God would have willed') think it's better that he just didn't create us at all? You don't have to say you disagree or question him, but would you rather he didn't make anyone rather than send most to everlasting torment and pain?

Also, does the idea of watching the damned suffer...as theologians claim Isaiah 66:24, 'they will look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me, and their worm will not die and their fire will not be quenched' not matter at all to you? Why on earth would a loving God want his children to watch such a spectacle? It's like some eternal gladiator spectator sport. In what fudged up universe would anybody want to see men, women and children writhing in pain forever and would you not get sick of it? It's so ridiculous to even take seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 AM

712 posts, read 2,145,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I asked a pretty similar question awhile ago, aimed mostly at believers in eternal torment. Would it be better if God sent 10% to heaven and 90% to hell, or if we just died. Most, of course, didn't answer direct.

So here's a similar situation. If God's plan is that 90% of humanity will end up in hell while 10% will join him in heaven, do you PERSONALLY (not 'what God would have willed') think it's better that he just didn't create us at all? You don't have to say you disagree or question him, but would you rather he didn't make anyone rather than send most to everlasting torment and pain?

Also, does the idea of watching the damned suffer...as theologians claim Isaiah 66:24, 'they will look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me, and their worm will not die and their fire will not be quenched' not matter at all to you? Why on earth would a loving God want his children to watch such a spectacle? It's like some eternal gladiator spectator sport. In what fudged up universe would anybody want to see men, women and children writhing in pain forever and would you not get sick of it? It's so ridiculous to even take seriously.
To save you some time.. there's no hell.. it's a myth.. (sort of.. what your imagining exists! ) the only hell that exists is right here on earth.. and it's what you make it to be

Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
ugh.
nm.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
To save you some time.. there's no hell.. it's a myth.. (sort of.. what your imagining exists! ) the only hell that exists is right here on earth.. and it's what you make it to be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadricorn View Post
How do you know that? There is a lot of evidence otherwise.
What evidence do you see, here on earth, other than death and the grave?

Last edited by Jerwade; 10-04-2012 at 01:28 PM..

Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,470 times
Quote:
If God's plan is that 90% of humanity will end up in hell while 10% will join him in heaven...
That's a pretty big "if". A verse to give you pause over your approximation.

Genesis 26:4And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

I believe He was referring to Christ.

Quote:
Yes, I guess infinite torture is just something we humans can't grasp. God's ways are even more merciless than man's ways...
What are man's ways? Life Imprisonment for violent and repeated offenders and for some, death. Give that criminal's fate in the hands of the survivors of the victim, and you would probably see a trend in society of slow torture, because they may see death as being too merciful for that hardened criminal.

Fortunately, the fate of the hardened criminal is not in the hands of the survivors of the victim just as the fate of the sinner is not in the hands of the victims.

Quote:
I guess it totally SUCKS to be born then. What do you believe happens to babies who are aborted? If you say they go to heaven I wish I was aborted.
Psalm 51:5Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Since babies are conceived in sin, God knows who wants to be with Him and who does not. Here's why.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

So in spite of the fact that the disciples were to preach the gospel to all nations, it was under the guidance of the Holy Spirit as the Son, the Good Shepherd led them by.

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. 7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

An example of this in scripture is below:

Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, 7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not. 8 And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas. 9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. 10 And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

So at that time in Asia and Bithynia, God knew no one was seeking Him nor would they receive the Good News, because they had preferred their evil deeds rather than be reporved of them at that time, but He knew someone was seeking Him in Macedonia.

So with that knowledge above and since this is true below:

Psalm 127:3Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Then just as those that seek Him will find Him, as muslims are having dreams about Jesus visiting them and being converted in their dreams, He can appear to the soul of the unborn baby and preach unto him or her before the abortion process commence.

And no, it does not mean it is okay to abort a baby.

Quote:
Yeah sounds real just...suffering under the Nazis is nothing compared to what God's got in store for them.
Israel has suffered punishment from God as well as death among their people for their rebellious ways in the past.

Did any receive the gospel message during that time in concentration camps? At the moment, God only knows, but it would not surprise me if He had appeared to some in saving them before they had died.

Quote:
No revenge? Read parts of the OT. Also read what the early Christian fathers said about the delight the redeemed will feel watching the damned. They were positively licking their lips watching this spectacle. Not so innocent and forgiving now, are they? Let them slap both cheeks cos God will deal with them.
If you consider the truth that all sinners were on their way to hell because sin seperated us from the Holy God, then you may be able to see the truth about how much Jesus loved us in dying for us on the cross.

In secular history, the unexplained darkness was reported that had occurred at Jesus's crucifixion.

http://www.xenos.org/teachings/?teaching=27

Although the link gives extrabiblical records of the darkness and the destruction at the temple, it should be noted that I do not agree with the last part regarding the resurrection because I believe it was of the OT saints as Jesus did preached unto them as the OT saints were in Abraham's bosom or "Paradise" where Jesus had said He would meet that one thief that had died on the cross.

Luke 23:43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient...........

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Since His ascension, Paradise is now in Heaven.

2 Corinthians 12:1It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

I believe Paul was referring to the apostle John for what John had been given for the book of Revelation.

Anyway: in answering your OP: your premise is faulty Biblically speaking in regards to numbers, and as per your following comments from the OP, alot of people have opinions, but only scripture holds the answers for those that seek them from the Lord Jesus Christ to find them in the King James Bible or confirmed in the King James Bible for those having experienced a divine intervention to know it is of God.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:08 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
that hell do you speak of folks? there is;
Sheol
Hades
Tararus.
Ghenna.
none of them mean a place where my body will burn but not burn up. when i will be in paid forever. Then there is the lake of fire, the lake of fire is the second death. That is exactly what the verse says it is. "the lake of fire is the second death". I know there are many on here who refuse to let the bible get in the way of their religion.
in the KJV, Psalm 16:10 " for thou wilt not leave my soul in hell" david said that. does that mean he was in hell for a while. But if the price for sin is burning, then Jesus has failed at paying that price. The wages of sin is DEATH. believe it. Better yet, believe the second half of the verse. The gift of God is eternal (aonian) life.
here is a inconsistancy in modern bible translations. the 1 word : sheol. has been translated 31 times as grave, 31 times as hell, and 3 times as pit. Can you smell the biased opinion of those translators? they make the word fit their belief. nothing has changed.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Israel has suffered punishment from God as well as death among their people for their rebellious ways in the past.
Men have suffered because of their own ideologies.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:

Fundamentalists will tell you (with a straight face, I might add) that it is to God's glory that He sends these billions of people into fiery torment for all eternity.

John Hagee: "Family members will look down on their loved ones burning in torment and they will praise God, shouting, 'You are just, O Lord!' "

Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
If God had never created us, we wouldn't be here to die

Old 10-04-2012, 12:58 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
I'm not even going to waste my time responding to the allegations of a person who is otherwise religiously educated and supposedly grew up in a "Christian" home. You should know the exact reason a majority of people end up in Hell. Why are you asking us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity