U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 03:59 PM

17,551 posts, read 8,818,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They all think they are the true Christianity and know the true Christ.
Never have I heard truer words spoken.
For many are held within the chains of bondage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 03:28 PM

1,542 posts, read 1,015,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Educated scholars will disagree, but the definition of a term is best defined by how it is used in the scripture. The current errant educational thinking is that Christ just means "the Anointed One". One can see that application in this verse below:

Luke 23:35And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

It seems pretty straightforward as it is used in that manner in the verse and so it must be true, BUT that is not all that the Christ means. This is where educational scholars had stopped at in error.

Look at these other testimonies below of what the meaning of Christ has been given also.

Matthew 16:16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 26:63But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Luke 4:41And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

John 6:69And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

John 11:27She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

John 20:31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Now the meaning of Christ has been made clear not only by people's testimonies, but even the devils'.

To remove all doubt that Christ means more than just "the Anointed One", we have these verses below testifying as to what it means to deny that Jesus is the Christ. Trust Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd to help you to see the meaning of Christ as referring to deity below.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

So how can denying Jesus is the Christ is the same as denying the Father and not just the Son? Therefore in denying Jesus is the Christ is the same as denying Jesus is God.
I just came upon your excellent thread starter today.

I believe that we are promised eternal life if we repent, accepting Jesus as being the Son of God, and keep His sayings, and hold on to the Holy Spirit [which the apostles said God gives to THOSE WHO OBEY HIM] until we die.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:06 PM

4,221 posts, read 1,956,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Educated scholars will disagree, but the definition of a term is best defined by how it is used in the scripture. The current errant educational thinking is that Christ just means "the Anointed One". One can see that application in this verse below:

Luke 23:35And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

It seems pretty straightforward as it is used in that manner in the verse and so it must be true, BUT that is not all that the Christ means. This is where educational scholars had stopped at in error.

Look at these other testimonies below of what the meaning of Christ has been given also.

Matthew 16:16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 26:63But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Luke 4:41And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

John 6:69And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

John 11:27She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

John 20:31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Now the meaning of Christ has been made clear not only by people's testimonies, but even the devils'.

To remove all doubt that Christ means more than just "the Anointed One", we have these verses below testifying as to what it means to deny that Jesus is the Christ. Trust Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd to help you to see the meaning of Christ as referring to deity below.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

So how can denying Jesus is the Christ is the same as denying the Father and not just the Son? Therefore in denying Jesus is the Christ is the same as denying Jesus is God.
You are very much mistaken. You do not understand scripture and the power of God.

Those you quote did not understand either. Sure the son of man is the anointed son of God, but Jesus acknowledges He was not the only one. That is why He spoke in the third person many times. He even said He sent His followers as He was sent with the same words and glory given to Him. That is why He said;

"The son of man will come at a time you least expect."

It is mainstream Christianity that does not honor the son. They do not teach to follow Him and keep His commandments as He kept His Father's commandments so it is those who follow them that do not honor the Father and the son.

The son of man is Lord of the Sabbath.

Blessed are the pure of heart they will see God.

Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it.

I know Him and I keep His word. Blessed is he who finds no stumbling block in me.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:44 PM

1,542 posts, read 1,015,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
You are very much mistaken. You do not understand scripture and the power of God.

Those you quote did not understand either. Sure the son of man is the anointed son of God, but Jesus acknowledges He was not the only one. That is why He spoke in the third person many times. He even said He sent His followers as He was sent with the same words and glory given to Him. That is why He said;

"The son of man will come at a time you least expect."

It is mainstream Christianity that does not honor the son. They do not teach to follow Him and keep His commandments as He kept His Father's commandments so it is those who follow them that do not honor the Father and the son.

The son of man is Lord of the Sabbath.

Blessed are the pure of heart they will see God.

Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it.

I know Him and I keep His word. Blessed is he who finds no stumbling block in me.
Contrary to your post above, I consider the post by Enow as generally cottect.

However I appreciate your quote "Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or