Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 10:18 PM

17 posts, read 52,928 times

Advertisements

I am a African American pastor of a small outreach ministry attending Liberty University and over the last three years I believe that God is calling me to relocated to the Midwest. I have travel to Denver and spend a short time in Minneapolis (I wanted to move there about 12 years ago) and I truly love both cities and the people. I'm from New Jersey and now living in NC but the Midwest stays on my heart. Des Moines, Minneapolis, Denver and Indianapolis is four areas I been praying about. Here in NC my family and I attends a wonderful multicultural church and that's what I desire to pastor. I believe in the body of Christ a church should be made up of all people. A pastor must love all people and everyone who enter the doors of the church. I believe that ministry is not about money but about loving people, supporting people, teaching people the word of God and help people succeed spiritually, personally and professionally. I keep asking God is there room for me to pastor a multicultural church in the Midwest and will people understand that it's not about the color of my skin but the love I have for them and Jesus Christ. Please feel free to share with me and I thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 02:17 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I love multi cultural churches and there are some in the Eastern Midwest.

Jerry Falwell for mr and for many others is not the face of Christianity at all. There are some christia colleges that are suspect to me and Liberty is one.

Bob Jones and Oral Roberts are two others that many people o not have much respect for because of the strange and hateful rhetoric that is spewed by Falwell, Jones, and Roberts.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 PM

17 posts, read 52,928 times
That's why you must eat the meat and throw away the bones. I myself know what God want's from me. I'm in school to earn a degree and to better myself. I understand what you are saying in your post. Many blessings to you and thanks for the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity