Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:21 PM

546 posts, read 547,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"We are not predestinated to sin, that's choice; but we are predestined to Holiness."

Eventually, every human being will overcome, each in their own era.
You wrote me that Doubting Thomas overcame in the presence of Jesus! Excellent, and thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 09:49 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
Paul explains that we are spirit, soul, and body. Looking in a concordance at these words is confusing. Paul says you have a spirit. He also said you have a soul, and a body. Your spirit is like breath, and Ecclesiastes 12:7 says that when your body goes to dust, your spirit returns to God. The soul is the part of yourself that you are in complete control of. It's your mind, will, and emotions. This is the part that Jesus told us to give to Him, when He said in Matt. 10:29, "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." the word "life" in this verse is psuche, which is soul. Psuche tells us that it is of the psyche, or mind. When Adam sinned, he received death, just as God told him that he would. But it wasn't total physical death, it was death of his spirit, in that his spirit was separated from the complete communion that he had before that time. How do we know this? Like I said before, The first thing that happened after the sin was that Adam became conscious of his nakedness. Then he covered himself with fig leaves. This is the mind trying to cover up shame. This consciousness wasn't there before the fall. First his spirit experienced separation from God. Then his soul, or mind, was separated from his spirit and began to make judgment calls based on his own knowledge rather than God's. Then eventually, his body died.

All men eventually saved? Yes, that's the overall plan of God. Always has been. And no, the NT and OT don't say the opposite, and there's nothing to reconcile. God is supreme. He knew what Adam would do before he did it. Would a sane God allow this, knowing that millions would perish to hell forever? No. God knew this, and designed it to happen. We have been brainwashed by people like Augustine to believe that eternal torment is the truth, when actually, it is the lie. It was devised as a method of control. God follows His own law. There is NO provision in the law to sentence someone to eternal torment. That is a human invention. Go back and honestly look at the original definitions of those words, and look up the meaning of Gehenna. Fire purifies, and God will use it for that purpose. He never had any intention to throw even a single human being away. There is something really wrong with our thought process when we think that God would do something with fire that by law, anyone would be imprisoned for...that is, setting another person ablaze, under any circumstance. John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Tear that verse apart. It says that without believing in Jesus, a person could perish. Does it give a deadline for this? No it doesn't. Would a person standing at the Great White Throne believe in Jesus when he sees Jesus and the Father face to face? I'm sure that he would. Do we have the right to say that someone doesn't deserve to believe at that point? Does believing at that point qualify that person to satisfy John 3:16? Yes, it does. It says they will be thrown into the Lake of Fire, right? Where does the fire come from? The Throne of God. What is fire for? It is for purifying. What happens to metal once it is put through the process of melting by fire. The scum comes to the top, and is removed. Once the scum is removed, does the refiner throw away the metal? No. So why would God throw away a purified person? Do we think that in the eons to come, that God cannot transform these people into something for His Glory? And are we SO jealous and superior to every non believer, as to desire eternal fire for them?

In revelation 20 it says that there are 2 resurrections. The First Resurrection is for those that are prepared to meet Jesus at His coming. The second resurrection is for the Great White Throne Judgment and involves everyone else. The First Resurrection is portrayed by Jesus in the parable of the 10 virgins. All 10 were believers, but only 5 were allowed in to the marriage. So what happens to the other 5? They will be at the Great White Throne. Paul said, "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." He will be saved through the fire of judgment, but his works will be burned up and he will suffer loss. Jesus said, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" Jesus is saying that this person will suffer the loss of his soul. He says nothing about spirit or body. Those will remain. Also, when an unbeliever comes before the Throne, he will instantly become a believer. There will be no unbelievers at the Great White Throne. Because they didn't believe, they couldn't give their lives to Jesus, and they would fall under the written judgment: They would lose their souls. Their works would also be judged according to the law of God. Since the judgment is then satisfied, why do we think that these people deserve eternal torment? They've already lost everything that meant anything to them!

We, as Christians should be overjoyed that God has made this provision! How many people do we know that under normal Christian thinking are bound for hell? Do you know some? I do! But who are we to think that God would not have provided a way to purify even the worst of sinners? Do we think this because we WANT THEM TO SUFFER? Sometimes I wonder! Do we think that we can sin our way to a hell, or be righteous enough to go to heaven on our own merits? Do we actually believe that one sin is enough to condemn us to an eternal hell if we don't believe in Jesus?

Is God more fair than our US judicial system? Yes? Well, in our system, every crime has it's debt to pay. The worst is execution. Execution is the end of the judgment. But we would say that God would not only judge the crime, but if you don't believe that Jesus is the Son of God, then God is going to not just punish you, but torture you. And not for a certain amount of time as required by His own law, but forever on to infinity! That is insanity!

Quote:
The soul is the part of yourself that you are in complete control of. It's your mind, will, and emotions.
Have you ever looked up the definition of the word soul? And would you please show me where in the Scriptures the soul is defined as "your mind, will and emotions?"

Ah, The age old teaching that we have a soul.The teaching that says we have an immortal soul, the has caused ppl to believe in reincarnation, and that 'souls' are in heaven so the false teaching that ppl should to pray to the dead came into being, and on and on.

Do these passages sound as if we 'have' a soul' or we "are" a 'soul'?
Behold, all souls are Mine;
The soul of the father
As well as the soul of the son is Mine;
The soul who sins shall die (Ezekiel 18:4).

Ge 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul [person].

Le 5:1 And if a soul sin, and hear the voice of swearing, and is a witness, whether he hath seen or known of it; if he do not utter it, then he shall bear his iniquity.

Le 5:2 Or if a soul touch any unclean thing, whether it be a carcase of an unclean beast, or a carcase of unclean cattle, or the carcase of unclean creeping things, and if it be hidden from him; he also shall be unclean, and guilty.

Le 5:4 Or if a soul swear, pronouncing with his lips to do evil, or to do good, whatsoever it be that a man shall pronounce with an oath, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty in one of these.

Le 5:15 If a soul commit a trespass, and sin through ignorance, in the holy things of the LORD; then he shall bring for his trespass unto the LORD a ram without blemish out of the flocks, with thy estimation by shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary, for a trespass offering:

Le 5:17 And if a soul sin, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD; though he wist it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity.

Le 6:2 If a soul sin, and commit a trespass against the LORD, and lie unto his neighbour in that which was delivered him to keep, or in fellowship, or in a thing taken away by violence, or hath deceived his neighbour

Quote:
When Adam sinned, he received death, just as God told him that he would. But it wasn't total physical death, it was death of his spirit, in that his spirit was separated from the complete communion that he had before that time. How do we know this? Like I said before, The first thing that happened after the sin was that Adam became conscious of his nakedness. Then he covered himself with fig leaves. This is the mind trying to cover up shame. This consciousness wasn't there before the fall. First his spirit experienced separation from God. Then his soul, or mind, was separated from his spirit and began to make judgment calls based on his own knowledge rather than God's. Then eventually, his body died.
Ge 2:25 And they were both *naked, [#6174] the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
*naked arowm a Homonym, the same spelling as the word 'subtil' in Gen. 3:1 and can mean:shrewd, sensible; prudent, depending on the context.

So in v. 25 they were prudent and sensible [not naked as is no clothes]
1 ¶ Now the serpent was more *subtil [6175 arowm, shrewed] than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Now notice something:
Ge 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; (*5903 and means naked]and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
* 5309 naked, but again it doesn't mean 'having no clothes.' It means when their eyes were opened they knew that were naked i.e lost some of the 'likeness of God'

Quote:
And are we SO jealous and superior to every non believer, as to desire eternal fire for them?
Don't put words in my mouth. I have no desire to see the wicked *perish I'm only declaring what the Scriptures say about the fate of the wicked.
Malachi 4:3 states, “And you shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, says the Lord of hosts.”

Obadiah 16: “For as you have drunk upon My holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yes, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.”
*where have I ever said I hope the wicked burn without end!!? I haven't. I've tried to show God IS FAIR, and that His punishment FITS THE CRIME.

Last edited by mshipmate; 04-02-2014 at 09:57 PM..

Old 04-02-2014, 10:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Ge 2:25 And they were both *naked, [#6174] the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
*naked arowm a Homonym, the same spelling as the word 'subtil' in Gen. 3:1 and can mean: shrewd, sensible; prudent, depending on the context.

So in v. 25 they were prudent and sensible [not naked as is no clothes]
1 ¶ Now the serpent was more *subtil [6175 arowm, shrewed] than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Now notice something:
Ge 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; (*5903 and means naked]and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
* 5309 naked, but again it doesn't mean 'having no clothes.'

It means when their eyes were opened they knew that were naked i.e lost some of the 'likeness of God'
"Crafty and cunning, much like a snake in the grass."

Adam was naked, and hid himself.
He was cunning; and hid himself.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:49 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Crafty and cunning, much like a snake in the grass."

Adam was naked, and hid himself.
He was cunning; and hid himself.
Nice try, but notice is says, 'they were naked and not ashamed!' Why were they not ashamed? Because they were sensible and prudent.

And BTW the curse, directed to satan in v. 14: " upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life" is a Figure of Speech the same as 'a snake in the grass' is also a Figure. And it was satan in this 'story' that was the cunning one/snake (he twisted God's words about dying] in the grass; not Adam.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
*where have I ever said I hope the wicked burn without end!!? I haven't. I've tried to show God IS FAIR, and that His punishment FITS THE CRIME.
You didn't say that; it is a feeling that too many people are gaining nowadays. I'm waiting for the law that states eternal torment is a punishment that fits ANY crime.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Nice try, but notice is says, 'they were naked and not ashamed!' Why were they not ashamed? Because they were sensible and prudent.
You are quoting the way they felt before the fall.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:07 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
You didn't say that; it is a feeling that too many people are gaining nowadays. I'm waiting for the law that states eternal torment is a punishment that fits ANY crime.
Amen! There is NO FINITE crime that could EVER fit an eternal punishment.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:

And BTW the curse, directed to satan in v. 14: " upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life" is a Figure of Speech the same as 'a snake in the grass' is also a Figure. And it was satan in this 'story' that was the cunning one/snake (he twisted God's words about dying] in the grass; not Adam.
Why would anyone be ashamed, if they considered themselves to be shrewd or cunning?

"It's not like getting caught with your pants down."

Adam was naked (i.e., cunning, not ashamed)!

As a matter of fact, he was so sly - "He blamed God and Eve for his shortcomings."

Last edited by Jerwade; 04-03-2014 at 09:07 PM..

Old 04-04-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting...

Old 04-04-2014, 12:26 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting...
There isn't one. Another teaching of man claimed to be true because .... they claim God's spirit revealed it to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity