Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:48 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
"One or two word answer" does not even begin to explain evolution, but for simple-minded people, I guess it does!

Yes. Many times.

People on earth have seen one species evolve into another.
Both tiny chihuahuas and great danes both EVOLVED from wolves during HUMAN history. This is not even debatable, so don't even try to biblically explain away these FACTS.

Diseases, microbes and viruses of one strain often evolve into another.... sometimes right in the lab.

Just today, these articles came out:
Neanderthal and Denisovan genetics: Human ancestors interbred with extinct species. - Slate Magazine
BBC News - Neanderthal genes 'survive in us'

There are more examples, but I'm sure you'd never believe them anyway.

NEXT!
I guess the answer to my question based on your linked articles is NO. Nobody mentioned seeing any being evolve into another species.

I don't need to biblically explain away the facts - no Bible is needed. Evolution is by faith in the theory of men. No one has seen evolution. Creation is believed by faith in the God of the Bible. No one has seen the world created by the Word of God.

It's all by faith - so now it depends on the source. I choose God over anything mankind says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 12:04 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Of course, the literalists forget this little gem from Genesis, Chapter 4:

16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod,[f] east of Eden.

17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.

Hold the phone. God created only Adam and Eve, who then had Cain and Abel, what just happened? Cain not only found a woman to marry and with whom he could sire a child, but he was also building a city. Wait a minute. If you are just building a dwelling for one family, all you need is a mud hut and a pen in which you hold your goats. Building a city implies accommodating lots of people.

Where did all these other people come from? Did God pull a second creation that's not mentioned in the Bible? Did Adam and Eve squirt out some more kids who were not mentioned? And if Cain did go to the Land of Nod and met his wife there, does that mean those people had left earlier?

In short, what the hey? If you read Genesis as the absolutely definitive account of what happened, straight from the mouth of God, we're already in huge, logical trouble by the time we get to the fourth chapter.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Of course, the literalists forget this little gem from Genesis, Chapter 4:

16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod,[f] east of Eden.

17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch.

Hold the phone. God created only Adam and Eve, who then had Cain and Abel, what just happened? Cain not only found a woman to marry and with whom he could sire a child, but he was also building a city. Wait a minute. If you are just building a dwelling for one family, all you need is a mud hut and a pen in which you hold your goats. Building a city implies accommodating lots of people.

Where did all these other people come from? Did God pull a second creation that's not mentioned in the Bible? Did Adam and Eve squirt out some more kids who were not mentioned? And if Cain did go to the Land of Nod and met his wife there, does that mean those people had left earlier?

In short, what the hey? If you read Genesis as the absolutely definitive account of what happened, straight from the mouth of God, we're already in huge, logical trouble by the time we get to the fourth chapter.
Genesis 5:4 - Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters.

There's a lot of time to have a bunch of kids.

You know what else? It never says Cain and Abel were their first kids.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:39 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Genesis 5:4 - Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters.

There's a lot of time to have a bunch of kids.

You know what else? It never says Cain and Abel were their first kids.
That's weak cheese. If Seth were first, if Adam and Eve spewed out kids by the carload before the incident with Cain and Abel, wouldn't it logically proceed the events of Genesis 4? I mean, nowhere else in the Bible does the narrative jump around with the scriptural equivalent of flashbacks. Instead, it's pretty safe to assume that the sequence of events described happened in order.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,956 times
Jimmy Joe Bob: Your own link proves you wrong when you say "so far no one has ever documented any evolution only adaptation." You know that, right? Please tell me you understand what you just posted.

Are you seriously arguing that there is no evolution? Really?

Old 10-18-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's weak cheese. If Seth were first, if Adam and Eve spewed out kids by the carload before the incident with Cain and Abel, wouldn't it logically proceed the events of Genesis 4? I mean, nowhere else in the Bible does the narrative jump around with the scriptural equivalent of flashbacks. Instead, it's pretty safe to assume that the sequence of events described happened in order.
Yeah - I see you don't know the Bible. Jeremiah jumps around, Psalms, whatever.

In Genesis 1, that's the overview - Genesis 2 goes into some detail from the events in Genesis 1- it's not chronological.

Most of Genesis 4 is about the lineage of Cain. Gen. 5 follows a specific lineage through Adam, Seth, etc.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Are you seriously arguing that there is no evolution? Really?
I am.... since you are asking.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I am.... since you are asking.
Wow.

You really brainwashed yourself into a utopia of ignorance and denialism then. That's really sad.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Wow.

You really brainwashed yourself into a utopia of ignorance and denialism then. That's really sad.
Right - and no one has physically seen evolution take place. So I say it's a hoax. And I'm not talking about some microbes on a petri dish.

Why does it still not occur? There are still apes in existence - so it's not like all of the apes have evolved and there are no more left. What stopped the process?

Old 10-18-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Right - and no one has physically seen evolution take place. YES THEY HAVE!!!! STUDY MORE!!!! USING YOUR OWN LOGIC, YOU MUST ALSO DENY THE EXISTENCE OF ELECTRONS TOO BECAUSE NO ONE HAS "SEEN" THEM, RIGHT? THAT'S RIDICULOUS! So I say it's a hoax. And I'm not talking about some microbes on a petri dish. WHY? IS THAT TOO SMALL FOR YOU TO BELIEVE? WHAT ABOUT DOGS, BIRDS AND FISH? HOW DO YOU THINK A HALIBUT CAME TO HAVE BOTH EYES ON ONE SIDE OF IT'S BODY? MAGIC?

Why does it still not occur? IT DOES! YOU ARE LIKELY TALLER THAN YOUR PARENTS. ASK YOURSELF WHY. THAT IS A DIRECT CHANGE TO YOUR DNA THROUGH YOUR DIET AND ENVIRONMENT AND THAT HAPPENED IN A SINGLE GENERATION! IT WORKS THE OTHER WAY TOO: Your diet affects your grandchildren's DNA, studies say - CBS News There are still apes in existence - so it's not like all of the apes have evolved and there are no more left. THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS. LIKE I SAID. LEARN SOMETHING! JUST BECAUSE APES ARE STILL AROUND DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. YOU ARE SO LACKING IN THE BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF EVOLUTION, IT'S SCARY. IT'S NOT A LINEAR ALL-OR-NOTHING PROPOSITION.What stopped the process? NOTHING STOPPED.
DRob, if you don't even try to educate yourself on the very basic facts of what evolution is, why are you so against it? I know it must be uncomfortable for you to accept a fact when it flies in the face of everything the church taught you, but it's still true. Do you know what kind of timeline evolution works on? Although it CAN be observed within a single human's lifetime in a very limited number of examples, the years it takes to go from an ape to a human takes millions of years... and yes, there HAVE been examples of species in between us and them. Just because YOU haven't been alive that long doesn't mean it isn't happening incrementally every day. Why are you purposely choosing to be ignorant? Because it makes you happy? I've posted some links before... you obviously didn't read them. Here's another: Epigenetics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You evolution deniers are really scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity