Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 08:23 PM

285 posts, read 1,205,740 times

Advertisements

I would like to know what bible is the most liberal when it comes to translation

Also what bibles to Episcopals use?

Are their bibles liberal I know the religion is liberal but idk about their bibles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
It's a very difficult question because there are so many. Its like asking, which pile of dung stinks the most. I have one that's probably a candidate. Its from Oxford University press, New Testament and Psalms. Its a total corruption of the word of God. Uses things like God our Father/Mother. I bought it just for laughs and to show people how bad some corruptions are. I used to have just the Gospel of Luke written in kind of southern cajun redneck lingo, but I got rid of it somewhere along the way.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
It's a very difficult question because there are so many. Its like asking, which pile of dung stinks the most. I have one that's probably a candidate. Its from Oxford University press, New Testament and Psalms. Its a total corruption of the word of God. Uses things like God our Father/Mother. I bought it just for laughs and to show people how bad some corruptions are. I used to have just the Gospel of Luke written in kind of southern cajun redneck lingo, but I got rid of it somewhere along the way.
Conservative Bibles are just as a corrupt, and if translations can be corrupt, it pretty much disproves the stupid notion of the Bible being the inerrant, infallible Word of God.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:43 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V View Post
I would like to know what bible is the most liberal when it comes to translation

Also what bibles to Episcopals use?

Are their bibles liberal I know the religion is liberal but idk about their bibles

the Latin Vulgate....

I have no idea what you're asking but use the Latin Vulgate

Old 10-15-2012, 02:35 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Well, since you've proved in previous posts that your knowledge of the Episcopal Church is non-existent (For your reference: http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l#post25323046), I'm not sure why you even weigh in on threads like this.

Back to the OP. The Episcopal Church does not have an official Bible. Such choices are pretty much left to the individual parishes. As a result, you'll see the KJV in some (Riddled as it is with translational errors), the Oxford in others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity