Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 05:52 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,716,705 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info on the hoax. I obviously had no idea or I wouldn't have posted it here on the forum. Even though it's not a real recording simply listening to it does make one reflect on the gravity of what hell may be like. If nothing else it will make some think more and some have something else to scoff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 06:01 PM

8,165 posts, read 6,916,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_loves_to_cook View Post
Thanks for the info on the hoax. I obviously had no idea or I wouldn't have posted it here on the forum. Even though it's not a real recording simply listening to it does make one reflect on the gravity of what hell may be like. If nothing else it will make some think more and some have something else to scoff.

Actually it just makes me reflect on the darkness (ignorance) of the human mind for coming up with such ridiculous nonsense. (the notion of "hell").

Old 10-16-2012, 06:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Actually it just makes me reflect on the darkness (ignorance) of the human mind for coming up with such ridiculous nonsense. (the notion of "hell").
Unfortunately sparrow most of us sucummbed to it at some point due to believing in separation from God. I know you speak so well of the Love of God and I am sure you know that Love does not seperate.

In the beginning God is love.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Oh I see, so does this mean there's nothing wrong with posting known hoaxes to scare people into Christianity? Twin, this is a bad time to break out your hell stick. Do a little research first will ya?

Btw, those sounds in the recording come from the 1972 movie Baron Blood, with various effects added. Here's a perfect debunk video from a Christian who even believes in hell:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWo6kTsoiv4 Feel free to compare and contrast.
And how do you know for a fact that the OP's intentions was to "scare people into Christianity" ?

Actually, I think there is a sinister side to the "sounds of hell", which is it gives more ammo to the skeptics to keep them in believing the lie that hell, it's horror, it's finality are ridiculous nonsense lines from Jesus.

Just because the recording is a hoax doesn't mean what is spoken by Jesus that is found in the Bible is a hoax.

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-16-2012 at 09:39 PM..

Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,716,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
well if I am wrong then no harm done, however if you're wrong then, well, better hope they have SPF 100

Old 10-17-2012, 07:53 AM

8,165 posts, read 6,916,037 times
Quote:
well if I am wrong then no harm done, however if you're wrong then, well, better hope they have SPF 100

You believe in hell and yet you think it's a joke?
Or am I misunderstanding your posts...? Perhaps you do not actually believe in hell?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
I came across this today as I was doing research on Hell. I remember reading the article before and found it here Researchers Record The Screams of the Damned I listened to what they recorded and it was quite unnerving. I went to YouTube and found just the recording there too.

Some people will automatically discount this as being fake, however I would really recommend listening to the recording with an open mind.

HELLSOUND FROM SIBERIA DIGGINGS - YouTube
What makes you think Hell is underneath the Earth's crust, close enough to the surface to be heard? That doesn't strike you as odd?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:25 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
Pascal's Wager. If you're wrong, Islamic Hell could be correct. Hope you can withstand having boiling acid poured down your throat for all eternity!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,639,707 times
Quote:
I came across this today as I was doing research on Hell. I remember reading the article before and found it here Researchers Record The Screams of the Damned I listened to what they recorded and it was quite unnerving. I went to YouTube and found just the recording there too.

Some people will automatically discount this as being fake, however I would really recommend listening to the recording with an open mind.

HELLSOUND FROM SIBERIA DIGGINGS - YouTube
It reminds of a record that was given to me from Santa. He actually recited my name and wished me a Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas (insert your name here) Ho, ho, ho!!!!

Come on now, we are all adults. Sounds from hell. What's next, talking snakes?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:38 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
It reminds of a record that was given to me from Santa. He actually recited my name and wished me a Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas (insert your name here) Ho, ho, ho!!!!

Come on now, we are all adults. Sounds from hell. What's next, talking snakes?
Just because the recording is a hoax doesn't mean what is spoken by Jesus or that is found in the Bible is a hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity