Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:22 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,792,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
It's really more the spirit of the day that bothers me more than the gross stuff out there. Granted I don't like looking at the gore either. I just don't find amusement in watching movies or going to haunted houses where it's "funny" to be scared by someone being hacked apart. I am being more of a literalist here, but it's really just where I am at. Maybe I'm just a 'fraidy cat.. But to also answer your question about the happy images, ghosts and pumpkins are ok. Witches no matter how cute they try to come off, just not an option for me.
Well I have to say that I like being scared in a fun way, roller coasters, haunted houses, good thriller movies...but I'm with you in that I don't get much out of watching hack up movies, although I remember in middle school those movies were all the rage and unfortunately I had to see most of them...now I'm too busy looking at them from a technical view...like "how fake is that...if you really had your head cut off you couldn't be walking around." So the scary is kind of lost on me anyway.

As for witches...what about Samantha? Bewitched was always one of my favorite after school shows to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
yea..early just for the haunted hayride though..one of the reasons I get such a kick out of doing this is because I remember when My dad did it to us on campouts..and on hayrides..even though its been 20 something years ago..people still talk about how much fun it was..I want to do the same for my kids..(and I enjoy the heck out of it)
We did one of those last year in PA, the kids loved it...and yes they were all poked by the fake chainsaw..it was a blast! Have fun with it!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:03 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,722,255 times
just an update on the halloween hayride..I had no idea grown men were so scared of a cemetary..lol..I didnt get to scare the kids as planned...but waited until later in the night..after which i was severly and diligently lectured by a 4 year old little girl..and I quote..to "neva neva put on that mask and scare me like that again!" "dont even think about it!" lol...I tried to keep a straight face..

Old 10-20-2007, 08:16 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,218,208 times
Quote:
just an update on the halloween hayride..I had no idea grown men were so scared of a cemetary..lol..I didnt get to scare the kids as planned...but waited until later in the night..after which i was severly and diligently lectured by a 4 year old little girl..and I quote..to "neva neva put on that mask and scare me like that again!" "dont even think about it!" lol...I tried to keep a straight face..
from the mouths of babes--what can I say?

Old 10-20-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Priceless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity