Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:25 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,616,432 times

Advertisements

Not only do I think they are, I know for a fact they are. "Christian" is just a name. Catholic, Jews, Baptists, Jehovah's Witness, etc. God does not care for these labels. Anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their savior is saved by grace through faith. Even atheist who call on the name of Jesus on their death bed will be saved. I've read about this not only in the Bible but in various Heaven/Rapture testimonies. God's love and grace is so much more than what most people think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
God's love and grace is so much more than what most people think.
Nice words and more positive thinking than many others on here who paint a bleak picture.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:56 PM

139 posts, read 167,256 times
Short answer is absolutely not....
scriptural basis for this, (Matthew 7:21-23) 21*“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22*Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23*And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.
SAAN said it quit nicely with scripture as well.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara M Wheeler View Post
Then why worry about it? Most of our lives are already kind of "locked in," with personalities strongly entrenched. If I am going to be roasting, what incentive does that give one now?

Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Not only do I think they are, I know for a fact they are. "Christian" is just a name. Catholic, Jews, Baptists, Jehovah's Witness, etc. God does not care for these labels. Anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their savior is saved by grace through faith. Even atheist who call on the name of Jesus on their death bed will be saved. I've read about this not only in the Bible but in various Heaven/Rapture testimonies. God's love and grace is so much more than what most people think.
By what you are reasoning here, even Satan could be saved...
I think NOT!
There are necessary commands that must be adhered to, to live in paradise.
Jesus did say....You will know the truth and the truth will set you free. In verse 32 of John chapter 8... but you have to put it in proper context..... in verse 31 he states the way to be set free with the truth, it reads in full this way:
(John 8:31, 32) And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him: “If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, 32*and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free.”
So action IS absolutely necessary on our part to be saved by loving grace.
(James 2:26) 26*Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:04 PM

467 posts, read 664,638 times
Quote:
scriptural basis for this, (Matthew 7:21-23) 21*“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22*Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23*And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.
SAAN said it quit nicely with scripture as well.
We should be busy with our assigned work and not concerned with what our neighbor does or believes.

Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.

Luke 6:36
Be you therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Romans 2:1
Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Then why worry about it? Most of our lives are already kind of "locked in," with personalities strongly entrenched. If I am going to be roasting, what incentive does that give one now?
Not at all Robert...we can choose to change our behavior. Though we are born under sins law, which is imperfection inherited from our original parents, the bible makes it clear that a provision for salvation was immediately set in motion for mankind. In Genesis 3:15 we see that first prophecy. (Genesis 3:15) And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.”

The bruising in the head of Satan is final and he has no redemption. The bruising in the heel of Christ is only temporary as he was raised up on the third day and resurrected into the heavens by his father.
We must choose for ourselves how we respond to this loving provision.
(Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) 19*I do take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against YOU today, that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the malediction; and you must choose life in order that you may keep alive, you and your offspring, 20*by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice and by sticking to him; for he is your life and the length of your days, that you may dwell upon the ground that Jehovah swore to your forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to give to them.”

Old 10-24-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
We should be busy with our assigned work and not concerned with what our neighbor does or believes.

Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.

Luke 6:36
Be you therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Romans 2:1
Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
You get me wrong on this..... I am not the judge.... I am only speaking what the bible tells us as absolute truth. God almighty alone will read the hearts of man and judge.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
I beg to differ on this point as well markymarc.... It is easy to say that we want to serve others and want to put their needs ahead of our own. But an honest examination of our mental attitude may reveal that our hearts are not completely inclined that way. Because we have inherited selfish traits from Adam and Eve; and, because we live in a world that promotes selfishness. (Ephesians 4:17,*18) To develop an unselfish attitude often means to cultivate a pattern of thought contrary to our inborn imperfect nature. That takes determination and effort.

We are admonished to love our neighbor and to care for his needs when we are able. Did you never read the account: (Matthew 5:43-47) 43*“YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44*However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45*that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46*For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47*And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?
(John 13:34, 35) 34*I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU, that YOU also love one another. 35*By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”

Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Not at all Robert...we can choose to change our behavior.
You know, Barb, most people just go about the business of living ... they are just average people, who sin ... and not Mother Theresa nor Hitler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity