Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 02:35 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times

Advertisements

I can understand a person want to share that in which they are passionate about, however, to press the issue with someone makes me come to the conclusion of who are they trying to convince, me or themselves. The Christ said that the Kingdom of God is within, and when a person comes to the realization of what that really means then the Kingdom of God will manifest itself within and outward and the result will be open for all to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 04:48 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Heartsong speaking from my heart to yours I sometimes believe the ones with the obsession about God are the ones who can't be silent/still long enough to feel the peace, and the unconditional love of God for his creation.

I spent years being obsessed with what God may or may not have , does, thinks, tests for and punishes about. I thought I had to be able to spew out bible verses one after the other to anyone who didn't share same beliefs as were put upon me for many years.

The spirit saw my distress and heard my pleas of "help me to understand". He has shown me that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. I am no longer burdened with religion and their doctrines or their rules and have finally reached the place of peace with my beliefs and an understanding that belief can sometimes serve oneself and God best apart from having to "choose" a church building when there is only one church and that is within the heart of the believer.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:22 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
Man's contact with the highest objective reality, God, is only through the purely subjective experience of knowing Him, worshiping Him and realizing sonship with Him. Worship is a personal communion with that which is divinely real, with that which is the very source of reality. Man aspires by worship to be better and thereby eventually attains the best. The unity of truth, beauty and goodness is realized in the spiritual experience of each God-knowing personality, and when once found men & women become glorified in the embrace of these virtues as well as consumed with the desire to further experience the majestic transcendence they have come to know and realize.

Last edited by Pawporri; 10-26-2012 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Add a word

Old 10-26-2012, 06:24 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Heartsong speaking from my heart to yours I sometimes believe the ones with the obsession about God are the ones who can't be silent/still long enough to feel the peace, and the unconditional love of God for his creation.

I spent years being obsessed with what God may or may not have , does, thinks, tests for and punishes about. I thought I had to be able to spew out bible verses one after the other to anyone who didn't share same beliefs as were put upon me for many years.

The spirit saw my distress and heard my pleas of "help me to understand". He has shown me that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. I am no longer burdened with religion and their doctrines or their rules and have finally reached the place of peace with my beliefs and an understanding that belief can sometimes serve oneself and God best apart from having to "choose" a church building when there is only one church and that is within the heart of the believer.

VERY nicely said, Miss Blue.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:28 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Thanks for sharing this Pleroo and your other post on this thread.I am so glad that you are where you are in your life right now,and if you are under no condemnation too, you are in an even better place, for knowing you are not is peace with God.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Funny sidenote: I read your post (I was scrolled down and your username was not on the screen) and for a half-second thought to myself "I dont remember posting that." I had read Pleroo's post earlier today before I left for work and what you said was exactly what went through my mind. That was weird.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:36 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Default Do you think a lot of believers imagine things about God?

You are among a lot of friends here, Heartsong. We all seem to agree on the basics as Jerwade concisely and succinctly presented them, as usual. Our very own Miss Blue is one of the poster people for escape from fundamentalist church Hell.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:53 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Agood verse to remember is Rom. 7:[6] But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
If we have the Holy Ghost richly within our flesh, which Peter said in Acts 5:[32] And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him; then we have an obedient mind which is directed by that Spirit.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. Eph 3:20

If God only did only that which we could imagine that would be wonderful, but the fact that He is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever imagine is simply amazing.

Maybe it's time to start using our imagination and see God expand it to believe the above verse. Be careful you might just start imagining that God is able to save all, if you do, don't start casting that thought down believing it is of the devil, because it is opposing and exalting itself against God,it's opposing your limitation you have put on God, and you are beginning to think like God.

Not quite on topic I suppose

Old 10-31-2012, 06:42 AM

741 posts, read 1,288,524 times
Yes, my Mom imagines things about God that drive me nuts, such as "God put this shopping cart here for my convinence", "God must have wanted people to eat ice cream today, that's why there's none left at the store", "God must have heard my prayer to make this ink cartridge last for a few more pages" Wow, God heard your prayer about an ink cartridge? Here's my prayer "Dear God, please don't worry yourself too much over my mom's prayers regarding ink so that she may print free Sudoku, please concern yourself with the prayers coming from the sick and terrified"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity