Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM

428 posts, read 330,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
There is Calvinist Theology, Arminian Theology, Baptist Theology, Catholic Theology and so on.

Their theological constructs which oppose each other sometimes oppose, and therefore trump the Scriptures.
Theology is a study and a study cannot trump what is being studied. You are referring to man made creeds and doctrinal statements rather than real Theology. Perhaps the correct way to say it would have been "Calvinist Theology Theory" or "Calvinist Doctrinal Statements"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
the·ol·o·gy/THēˈäləjē/

Noun:
  • The study of the nature of God and religious belief.
  • Religious beliefs and theory when systematically developed: "Christian theology".

Old 11-02-2012, 12:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
"The false teachings of one age, became the orthodox view in another; trumping the word of God."

Old 11-02-2012, 12:46 PM

Jimmy Joe Bob, the important thing to take home from this discussion is this:

God says He is going to justify all mankind and make all mankind righteous (Romans 5:18,19), based upon what Christ did, not what all mankind does. Yet man's theology i.e, religious beliefs and theories, cause them to deny what God has clearly stated.

God says He will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all (1 Tim.2:4-6) and even tells us to charge and teach He is the Saviour of all mankind (1 Tim.4:10,11). Man's theology i.e, religious beliefs and theories, cause them to deny what God has clearly stated. They contradict God and say "God is NOT the Saviour of all mankind, just believers."

I could go on an on but I think you get it, right?

Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Jimmy Joe Bob, the important thing to take home from this discussion is this:

God says He is going to justify all mankind and make all mankind righteous (Romans 5:18,19), based upon what Christ did, not what all mankind does. Yet man's theology i.e, religious beliefs and theories, cause them to deny what God has clearly stated.
No He did not say that. Your changing the meaning of his statements.

Romans 5:18-19
18 So then, as through one trespass there is condemnation for everyone, so also through one righteous act there is life-giving justification[a] for everyone. 19 For just as through one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so also [b]through the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.

Many is not all!

Quote:
God says He will save all mankind because Christ ransomed all (1 Tim.2:4-6) and even tells us to charge and teach He is the Saviour of all mankind (1 Tim.4:10,11). Man's theology i.e, religious beliefs and theories, cause them to deny what God has clearly stated. They contradict God and say "God is NOT the Saviour of all mankind, just believers."

I could go on an on but I think you get it, right?
4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God
and one mediator between God and humanity,
Christ Jesus, Himself human,
6 who gave Himself—a ransom for all,
a testimony at the proper time.

Does not say All Will Be Saved but only that God want's them to be. He could force it upon us but rather He WANTS us to be. To accept His gift.

Again your wrong. God offers salvation to all mankind.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
No He did not say that. Your changing the meaning of his statements.

Again your wrong. God offers salvation to all mankind.
And thus it is proven by Jimmy Joe Bob that man's theology trumps the Scriptures by his own statements!

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation,
thus also it is through one just award for all mankind for life's justifying."
Rom 5:19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners,
thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

1 Timothy 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
(4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
(5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
(6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 4:9-11 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
(10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God,
who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
(11) These things command and teach.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:55 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Bible means what it says . . . but YOU may not know what it means. The idea that simple reading of the English words is sufficient to know what it means is just silly. Written communication is not that accurate today and multiple translations from ancient languages separated by multiple generations and cultures just compounds the difficulties. Add in unknown idioms, figures of speech, contemporaneous contexts, etc. and the problems multiply exponentially. When you say you are trusting the word . . . what you really are trusting are fallible humans with limited knowledge of the languages, idioms, figures of speech and actual circumstances that existed 2000 - 4000 years ago.
Quote:
Think what you will but your wrong again in your judgement of me. You don't know what I know! You don't know what my education is. And your wrong that we cannot know that God's word say's. Your just wrong it seems.
Reread my post. It is mostly about your belief in the simple plain reading of the Bible . . . which is not just wrong . . . it is dangerous to your spiritual development.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Reread my post. It is mostly about your belief in the simple plain reading of the Bible . . . which is not just wrong . . . it is dangerous to your spiritual development.
But it's the only right way to read the Bible. You have very little knowledge about these things it seems. Have you ever taken any real Bible courses? It would help you to understand it much better than you do.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:30 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
But it's the only right way to read the Bible. You have very little knowledge about these things it seems. Have you ever taken any real Bible courses? It would help you to understand it much better than you do.
I have done extensive scholarship and hermeneutics of the scriptures , their history and origins . . . including those not in the canon and the reasons for their exclusion. I assure you simple reading of the Bible will not aid your understanding of God or your spiritual development. The leaders in the mainstream churches carry a heavy spiritual burden for their hubris.God is not angry with us and has no intention of eternally tormenting anyone no matter what you think a simple reading supports.God is Love and loves us unconditionally. There will be consequences for all our spiritual acts and thoughts . . . just as there are physical consequences. None of them are punishments by God.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I have done extensive scholarship and hermeneutics of the scriptures , their history and origins . . . including those not in the canon and the reasons for their exclusion. I assure you simple reading of the Bible will not aid your understanding of God or your spiritual development. The leaders in the mainstream churches carry a heavy spiritual burden for their hubris.God is not angry with us and has no intention of eternally tormenting anyone no matter what you think a simple reading supports.God is Love and loves us unconditionally. There will be consequences for all our spiritual acts and thoughts . . . just as there are physical consequences. None of them are punishments by God.
You are denying God's word and I am beginning to doubt you even know Him. I will sadly let you find this out for yourself even though I pray you learn of Him before it's too late.

No need to respond to me any further. I am considering placing you on my ignore list with the other heretics who fight against God and His word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity