Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 02:43 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,898,764 times

Advertisements

. . . getting back to the topic which started this thread . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 03:12 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,307,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
Rom 5: 19 For just as through one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so also through the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.

Many is not all!

4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Does not say All Will Be Saved but only that God want's them to be. He could force it upon us but rather He WANTS us to be. To accept His gift.

Again your wrong. God offers salvation to all mankind.
I agree with you, Jimmy Joe Bob. I believe salvation is offered to all, but many reject it.

[b]I believe Jesus gave the best way to judge differences in doctrine in John 7:[17] If any man will do his will, he SHALL know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

I believe you were right in your later past to discontinue discoursing with those who want to push their own agenda instead of accepting the overwhelming evidence from the Bible.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:04 PM

Robert, so you believe what Jesus said in John 7:17 should be used to contradict what Jesus taught Paul in 1 Tim.2:4-6 and 4:10,11? Why do you keep pushing your agenda of unbelief?

Old 11-02-2012, 04:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Quote:
Romans 5:18-19
18 So then, as through one trespass there is condemnation for everyone, so also through one righteous act there is life-giving justification for everyone. 19 For just as through one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so also through the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.

Many is not all!
The many spoken about were made sinners, is that correct?
And the many that will be made righteous are the same sinners?

What part of all that were made sinners got left-behind?

If all have fallen short, what part of the many is not inclusive of the whole?

Last edited by Jerwade; 11-02-2012 at 04:37 PM..

Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 PM

428 posts, read 328,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

So you agree that many is not the same as all? The point is the verse does not say ALL WILL be saved.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 PM

2,331 posts, read 1,408,691 times
Quote:

I don't know the full details behind this conversation, but I believe what that passage is saying is that all men who came through Adam, were made sinners. In the same fashion everyone who is born again in Jesus, all of them will be made righteous. In other words, we all descend from Adam. So all of us were affected by Adam's actions. In like manner, everyone in Jesus, will be saved. Not everyone will be in Jesus, or receive the new birth. Yet everyone who does receive Jesus' nature, will be made righteous.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:
So you agree that many is not the same as all?
The point is the verse does not say ALL WILL be saved.
It wasn't that difficult to comprehend.
How in the world, did you manage to twist it?

Old 11-02-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I don't know the full details behind this conversation, but I believe what that passage is saying is that all men who came through Adam, were made sinners. In the same fashion everyone who is born again in Jesus, all of them will be made righteous. In other words, we all descend from Adam. So all of us were affected by Adam's actions. In like manner, everyone in Jesus, will be saved. Not everyone will be in Jesus, or receive the new birth. Yet everyone who does receive Jesus' nature, will be made righteous.
You may want to consider or investigate this:

Faith in Christ speaks to that of exclusion based on a limited period of time.
Whereas, the Faithfulness of Christ speaks to the inclusion of the whole; unlimited by time.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:58 PM

428 posts, read 328,727 times
Quote:
You may want to consider or investigate this:

Faith in Christ speaks to that of exclusion based on a limited period of time.
Whereas, the Faithfulness of Christ speaks to the inclusion of the whole; unlimited by time.

What a crock of stuf!

Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob
Romans 5:18-19
18 So then, as through one trespass there is condemnation for everyone, so also through one righteous act there is life-giving justification for everyone. 19 For just as through one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so also through the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.

Many is not all!
Jimmy Joe Bob,
The Bible says "All sinned and are wanting of the glory of God." The "many" in verse 19 is all mankind minus Christ. He was the only One not made a sinner due to what Adam did. But in verse 18 He was condemned to death due to Adams one bad act.

The same all mankind that were condemned in verse 18 are the same "all mankind" to be made righteous in verse 18.

Fair is fair. If all mankind can be condemned due to Adam's one act, then all mankind can be made righteous due to Christ's one act.

Now then, if your theology is against this truth, then you need to check your theology and change to be in harmony with God's theology.

It looks like Jimmy Joe Bob has me on iggy since he hasn't responded to me lately. So what does that tell you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity