Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 04:32 PM

285 posts, read 1,206,006 times

Advertisements

If you are a devout jehovah witness i would prefer if you didnt answer this because I dont want to be a jw anymore, I dont believe in the doctrines nothing! Nada

Moderator cut: delete

Should I go to therapy sessions now or later?
So Im still living with my parents while I'm in college, and the only reason why I am staying here is so i can save up money so by the time I graduate i can move out of the state and survive on the money that I have saved until I find a job. Right now the problem is that my parents are very conservative, strict and religious, they're devout jehovahs witness btw. Me on the other hand, I'm gay, liberal, and more spiritual. My religious beliefs are very diverse they consist of Christianity, Wiccan, Spirituality and a little Buddhism. Ive already came out to my parents 3 years ago and they pretend that ive never even told them.

If I do go to a religious group I would only belong to the liberal Episcopal Churches, United Church of Christ or Unitarian Universalist.

However my dad is forcing me to go to services , while Im going to school and working!

Im just wondering should I go see a therapist now, or should i see a therapist after i move out?
Because if i do go to a therapist now they can help me get over my problems but since I still live with them Im wondering if Im waisting time and money. So when I move out I can finally vent everything out.

And because of not being myself Im having mental issues Im even taking a antidepressant to help with my depression symptoms that Ive been experiencing, social anxiety as well.

Im planning on moving out in 2014! : (

IDK why I wasnt even born to a family when I cant express myself, I would rather be born into a family that is financially struggling , and having liberal parents or at least open minded so I can tell them everything and feel comfortable talking to them and develop a relationship bond.

You cant with my parents because they werent brought up that way , and my sister and I growing up didnt really talk to our parents because we didnt feel comfortable and still dont well at least for me I dont feel comfortable AT ALL talking to my parents about my personal problems.

If I had a child I would let him or her to participate in a religion that they want to, because theyre trying to find themselves and open up their minds about the world, plus at least they would believe in something.:confused

No I cant stay with my sister because she lives in the same house!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-29-2012 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: If you attack, I will infract :)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 05:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V View Post
Should I go to therapy sessions now or later?
Remove yourself, and you won't need therapy for depression.
It's probably better to live in a dormitory, then to be oppressed.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:43 PM

285 posts, read 1,206,006 times
Trust me I would but my college doesnt have dorm rooms! : (
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity