U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 02:00 PM

428 posts, read 242,065 times

Advertisements

If you are a Bible Believing (as in it is your final authority) Christian (as in you know that one must be born again to be saved), would you share with me your thought on this.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 11-04-2012 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: Denominational bashing is not to be overtly tolerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 PM

20,292 posts, read 15,633,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
If you are a Bible Believing (as in it is your final authority) Christian (as in you know that one must be born again to be saved), would you share with me your thought on this.

Do you think that discussion forums like this one are a good place for use to share the truth since the enemy is allowed free reign and protection to try and attack everything we offer to those seeking and they try to pump there false teachings into them in great number to try and dilute the truth we bring?
While it is true that a forum such as this is a gathering place for those who pervert the truth, I post for the benefit of whoever will listen. There are many people who read this forum but who never post. These threads also get posted on the internet search engines, and so you never know who will read something that you post and be benefited by it.

If only one person reads something that I post, and it helps them spiritually, then that is a good thing.

Last edited by Mike555; 11-04-2012 at 02:33 PM..

Old 11-04-2012, 02:14 PM

30,138 posts, read 19,958,111 times
Quote:

Do you think that discussion forums like this one are a good place for use to share the truth since the enemy is allowed free reign and protection to try and attack everything we offer to those seeking and they try to pump there false teachings into them in great number to try and dilute the truth we bring?
Why call someone the enemy because their understanding of scripture is different to yours ?. The only enemy we have is our own carnal thoughts. Look upon someone as your enemy,you will treat them as such.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:29 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,038,777 times
Quote:

There's that little phrase "share the truth"......which truth? As you can see, people (especially Christians), will argue all day long about what the "truth" is.

So from THAT standpoint, I would say no, it's not a good thing.

Luckily, the Lord isn't dependent upon written text and can draw people to Him as He will.

No point in arguing.

All we need to do is talk about Him.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:34 PM

21,260 posts, read 20,859,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why call someone the enemy because their understanding of scripture is different to yours?
Good question. It's hard for me to understand how anyone who believes the Bible could define "the enemy" in such a way. Mark 9:38-41 comes to mind. John had taken this exclusionary attitude when he said to Jesus, "Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us." I guess he thought Christ would be really proud of him. Instead, Jesus said, "Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part. For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward." I can't imagine He would be pleased with this "us versus them" mentality "true Bible believing Christians" have sometimes.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:43 PM

8,238 posts, read 9,990,552 times
Ironically, one might think the "Christian forum" would be largely comprised of Bible-believing Christians discussing God's Word.
Unfortunately, IMO only about 20-percent of the posters on this forum actually base their discussions on God's inspired Word of truth. Like Mike555, I like to believe that there are some Bible-seeking folks out here who listen and learn from The Bible-believing posters, but, I have seen little evidence that this is actually happening.

For the most part, the detractors, subscribe to notions of 'relative truth.' They base their posts almost entirely on opinions, internet clips or what they have heard about ...(fill in the blank), yet, they argue them as though they stand on equal ground with Bible truth. Unless the reader is a Bible-believer, with some knowledge of what the Bible actually says, I'm not sure how successful one can be in actually sorting-out truth and error. Along these lines, I've wondered if countering some of the perverse, non-scriptural doctrines out here, doesn't actually expand and lend credibility to these false doctrines.

In short, I'm not as confident that the CD Christian forum is a good place to spread the truth of God's Word. But, then, God is not limited by what I think --- He is abundantly able to touch and change hearts and lives with His Word.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
While it is true that a forum such as this is a gathering place for those who pervert the truth, I post for the benefit of whoever will listen. There are many people who read this forum but who never post. These threads also get posted on the internet search engines, and so you never know who will read something that you post and be benefited by it.

If only one person reads something that I post, and it helps them spiritually, then that is a good thing.
Mike, I tend to lean to the same conclusion. It does bother me to see people truly seeing answers be bombarded by the enemy with falsehoods so much.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why call someone the enemy because their understanding of scripture is different to yours ?. The only enemy we have is our own carnal thoughts. Look upon someone as your enemy,you will treat them as such.
Since you are claiming to be a bible believing Christian by answering this post you should know who the enemy really is and not think it is the individuals who post for him here.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
There's that little phrase "share the truth"......which truth? As you can see, people (especially Christians), will argue all day long about what the "truth" is.

So from THAT standpoint, I would say no, it's not a good thing.

Luckily, the Lord isn't dependent upon written text and can draw people to Him as He will.

No point in arguing.

All we need to do is talk about Him.
Sundance if your meet the qualifications of the first part of my post then you know there is only one truth.

Last edited by Jimmy Joe Bob; 11-04-2012 at 03:50 PM..

Old 11-04-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Good question. It's hard for me to understand how anyone who believes the Bible could define "the enemy" in such a way. Mark 9:38-41 comes to mind. John had taken this exclusionary attitude when he said to Jesus, "Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us." I guess he thought Christ would be really proud of him. Instead, Jesus said, "Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part. For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward." I can't imagine He would be pleased with this "us versus them" mentality "true Bible believing Christians" have sometimes.
The enemy is not the individuals who post here. A True Christian knows who the enemy is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or