Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:59 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No real irony. We were discussing what Christians should emphasize . . . the Bible or Christ. What you refer to as God's Word HAS to be the words of Christ . . . not the Bible, per se. There is much in the Bible that is NOT from Christ. It is God inspired but NOT God's word. It is interpreted by fallible, ignorant and primitive human beings.
You do not have the authority to make that call.

2 Peter 1

21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Because you desire to change the meaning of what I was attempting to convey by adding to my post.
Which was not subtracting from the verse as you may think, let me put it this way:

Christ died for us.
Christ died because of us.

Although I do agree, humanities sins have been forgiven by and through his love, mercy and grace.
If you had the Faith of Christ, then you would also trust in your father to raise you from the dead.

'Father, Into Your Hands I Commit My Spirit'

His death was not
to satisfy the demands of his fathers' wrath or anger.
Rather, it was the love of the father that raised him from the dead.

1 John 4

10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Propitiation-an atoning sacrifice.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Evn this statement of yours shows that you will not have God being anything other than how you viewed him as an unbeliever and just carried the idea over to your religious experience.

God is Love, no need to be childish with your meanie and nice guy comments.
But it is basically your interpretation of the good news, no?

Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You do not have the authority to make that call.

2 Peter 1

21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
The great error is in thinking knowing your bible is knowing God. The scriptures point us to Jesus Christ and it is futile to look for him in any other place than where the scripture says he is.

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

If you don't and are not seeking him there the scripture indicates you are not even in the faith.

You may fail a bible knowledge test or a test of the doctrines you love you give great importance to,failing those tests means nothing if you know Jesus Christ in you, there is no comparison.

Paul passed all those tests being circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee;as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless. Philippians 3, what's more he counted all that as rubbish that he may know Christ and is resurrection power within him.

Seek Jesus Christ were the scriptures says he is and you will find him there, for the scriptures promises this. Break away from where the church is telling you to seek him, you will be amazed by the freedom you find yourself in, the freedom of knowing the truth........... That Christ is in you. Don't be scared of letting go of all that you have learned, the apostle Paul let go, so that he may gain Christ.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Lol. I start a thread about the wonderful good news of Jesus Christ, quoting scripture from your bible about the effects of the good news, and you and the usual suspects are queueing up to make sure that hell is part of the good news.

We just cannot have good news without a warning or threat can we
I didn't write book of John, and I did not add anything to it, which is why I said it is a clear verse and there is no need to spin it. They are not my words, they are the words of Jesus. It is telling you are offeded by John 3:16, and I think you might want to ask yourself why it makes you so uncomfortable.

PS. It is you who keeps bringing up hell, not me. I have not mentioned it once. YOU are making the connection between John 3:16 and hell. See, how it worked, I asked you to let the scripture speak for itself, and you did, and you saw a connection between John 3:16 and hell.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-08-2012 at 06:41 AM..

Old 11-08-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
You know what, I am more ashamed of the way I used to think as a Christian, than when I lived a life alienated in my mind from God without him in my world, I knew no better then.
You would not be so ashamed and offended by the truth if you embraced it. If you are ahamed of Him now, it is nothing compared to how you will feel when you are face to face with Him.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You would not be so ashamed and offended by the truth if you embraced it. If you are ahamed of Him now, it is nothing compared to how you will feel when you are face to face with Him.
I embrace Jesus Christ who said HE is the Way , HE is the Truth and HE is the Life. This way I am not offended by Love, grace and mercy being freely shown to those looked down to be sinners.

The Jesus Christ I know bares no resemblance to the one you and the usual suspects believe in and the one I formerly did.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't write book of John, and I did not add anything to it, which is why I said it is a clear verse and there is no need to spin it. They are not my words, they are the words of Jesus. It is telling you are offeded by John 3:16, and I think you might want to ask yourself why it makes you so uncomfortable.

PS. It is you who keeps bringing up hell, not me. I have not mentioned it once. YOU are making the connection between John 3:16 and hell. See, how it worked, I asked you to let the scripture speak for itself, and you did, and you saw a connection between John 3:16 and hell.
No you are quoting John 3:16 to remind us that you believe the good news contains bad news for the unbeliever,come from hiding behind your interpretation of the bible.

You too are perishing right at this moment if you are not fully standing in the grace of God in all areas of your life.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:05 AM

I think like all other threads I start of similar spirit, I will no longer post no more on it, and leave it to the wolves to devour.

Enjoy

Old 11-08-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
No you are quoting John 3:16 to remind us that you believe the good news contains bad news for the unbeliever,come from hiding behind your interpretation of the bible.
You don't have to tell me why I quoted the verse, because I know why I did it, and you don't.

I specifically said the verse was clear, and there is no need to spin it. You read it, and saw a connection between the verse and hell, and you brought it up. I never mention the word "hell", you did. Think about that for a minute.

God is trying to tell you something, and all you do is argue with Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity