U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 01:10 AM

4,454 posts, read 5,486,094 times

Advertisements

Is William Branham a true prophet? He claims to claim the real meaning of seven churches in the book of revelation.

Anyone here a follower of the prophet Branham?

William M. Branham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 04:17 PM

7,856 posts, read 6,660,208 times
Never heard of him before this , but the things which he did and the ministries that he had should like Father God was healing may people and people where being raised from the dead.... I did not like the prophecies about his death , as it would be contrary to the God of life to give , and I will never know why God would give such a horrible prophecy for the death of some one... .. I will never know because He knows that I do not tolerate it , which God honors...

Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,567,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Is William Branham a true prophet? He claims to claim the real meaning of seven churches in the book of revelation.

I have heard of him, but I steer clear of self-proclaimed prophets.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:48 PM

19,952 posts, read 12,963,461 times
Quote:

no.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:00 PM

6,652 posts, read 7,114,757 times
Why would Christians follow anyone but Jesus?

Old 11-27-2012, 05:28 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,301,598 times
no. he btw was a forerunner/ teacher of sorts of folks like

Rick Joyner and Patricia King and Lou Engle

and of course Mike Bickle (who's IHOP group in KC is riddled in murder scandal involving IHOP right now

IHOP btw has odd stuff like this going on at IHOP in KC a lot also:

(Those I just mentioned btw seem to peddle sadly to many the same bizarre teachings/ideas that Branham did)

Old 11-27-2012, 11:27 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,808,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Why would Christians follow anyone but Jesus?
Because many are being decieved .. so they think they are when actually they're not.
Matthew 24:11
.... many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Matthew 24:24
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

2 Corinthians 11:13
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.

2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies,

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:49 AM

3,096 posts, read 6,301,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
no. he btw was a forerunner/ teacher of sorts of folks like

Rick Joyner and Patricia King and Lou Engle

and of course Mike Bickle (who's IHOP group in KC is riddled in murder scandal involving IHOP right now

IHOP btw has odd stuff like this going on at IHOP in KC a lot also:

(Those I just mentioned btw seem to peddle sadly to many the same bizarre teachings/ideas that Branham did)

btw: for those who dont know about Bickle and the IHOP controversy (both of which were influenced by Branham 's teachings)

read:

Bethany Deaton Death: Prayer Group Leader Told Me To, Says Micah Moore

Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 AM

10,024 posts, read 10,133,598 times
Quote:

Can we apply to him the biblical test for a Prophet?
If one claiming to speak for God in the office of Prophet is ever wrong about anything, even once, he is to be taken out and stoned to death.

Jesus Christ was and is God's final word. There is no need at all for further prophets and in fact there has never been one since Christ.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 AM

19,952 posts, read 12,963,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Can we apply to him the biblical test for a Prophet?
If one claiming to speak for God in the office of Prophet is ever wrong about anything, even once, he is to be taken out and stoned to death.

Jesus Christ was and is God's final word. There is no need at all for further prophets and in fact there has never been one since Christ.
By that standard, Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, and just about every other Word of Faith knucklehead would be run out of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity