Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 08:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,164,395 times

Advertisements

Cross Reference these by clicking on them.

John 3:17

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John 10:30

I and the Father are one.

John 10:38

But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.

John 11:42
I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.

John 17:3

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

John 17:8

For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:20
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

John 17:23
I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

1 Corinthians 6:17

But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

1 John 1:3

We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM

74 posts, read 143,061 times
I cant bring myself to argue about this with verses ...
Its so off the wall that its no use ..
Use a little God given sense!!
Who raised him from the dead??!
Who did he cry to on the cross??!

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten ( self ) that he who believed this lie might be damned. 2 opinians 3:16

Last edited by clickinmx; 11-17-2012 at 09:16 PM..

Old 11-17-2012, 09:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,164,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickinmx View Post
Who raised him from the dead??!
Who did he cry to on the cross??!
In whose hands did he commit his own Spirit?

Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 PM

Well if it wasnt to his father then we must pick between mary, john , the soldiers or mb the thief????

Old 11-17-2012, 09:56 PM

32,892 posts, read 26,112,025 times
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2] He was in the beginning with God. 3] All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 14] And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Revelation 19:13 [Speaking of Jesus Christ who is about to return from heaven at the end of the Tribulation] 'He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.' Jesus Christ IS the Word of God.

John 1:1 states not only that the Word was with God, but that He was God. Revelation 19:13 identifies Jesus Christ as the Word of God.

From that alone, it shoud be obvious to anyone that Jesus Christ is God. But those of you who deny that Jesus Christ is God measure truth by your ability to comprehend it. If you don't understand it then it can't be true. You willfully dismiss the Scriptures that directly state that Jesus Christ is God. And nothing gets through to you.

In denying that Jesus Christ is God, you also deny that He is the Word of God.

And for the poster who claimed that Jesus Christ did not create all that has been created, John 1:3 states that apart from Him (the Word - the preexistent Jesus Christ), nothing came into being that has come into being.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:09 PM

Of course Christ's life is the word of God .
( My father worketh hither do i work ).....
, " Let us create man in our own image "
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-18-2012 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: sarcasm

Old 11-17-2012, 10:12 PM

63,417 posts, read 39,657,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Cross Reference these by clicking on them.

John 3:17

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John 10:30

I and the Father are one.

John 10:38

But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.

John 11:42
I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.

John 17:3

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

John 17:8

For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:20
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

John 17:23
I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

1 Corinthians 6:17

But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

1 John 1:3

We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
Excellent post and references, Jerwade. I fear it will do no good, however. Unreasoning credulity cannot be reasoned with and certainly cannot be changed by citations. Rest easy in the knowledge that most of the conflicts are irrelevant anyway. Jesus clearly is man and He clearly has the Holy Spirit (consciousness) of God. All the wrangling about what that means is just human vanity and hubris in support of an outdated church infrastructure that is decaying and rotting from within under their retention of ancient ignorance as we speak. Christ is not interested in churches . . . he is interested in our "loving God and each other" daily and repenting when we don't. It couldn't be any simpler or clearer. The churches that realize that truth may survive . . . the others will eventually fade away, IMO.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 PM

Answer me this .
And not with links or verses ....

Who was the voice from heaven that said
( This is my beloved son in whom i am well pleased , here yee him...)???

Tell me who was this voice ?? or will you ignore this question as you ignore the new testement?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:40 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,084,424 times
Quote:
Answer me this .
And not with links or verses ....

Who was the voice from heaven that said
( This is my beloved son in whom i am well pleased , here yee him...)???

Tell me who was this voice ?? or will you ignore this question as you ignore the new testement?
It was God. Now what does "son" mean?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:10 PM

32,892 posts, read 26,112,025 times
Quote:
Of course Christ's life is the word of God .
( My father worketh hither do i work ).....
, " Let us create man in our own image "

Pretty sick when people ignore 50% of the bible and its entire base to push one screwy point ... which by the way i dont get .

What could you possibly have talked yourself into believing you will gain by accepting this?
Jesus Christ Himself is the Word of God.

John 8:24 "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am , you will die in your sins."

In certain contexts, 'I am' is a self designation for God. In John 8:58 Jesus asserted His preexistence.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

Jesus stated that before Abraham, He is 'I am'.

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

It was the preincarnate Jesus Christ who spoke to Moses out of the burning bush.

The Bible clearly states that Jesus Christ is God; and aside from some heretics, the Church from the very beginning understood that Jesus Christ is God.

Last edited by Michael Way; 11-18-2012 at 12:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity