Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 4,759 times

Advertisements

The Root of the Olive Tree In Romans 11

"For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches." Romans 11: 16

The root of Paul's metaphoric olive tree is the first fruit and the root is holy.

"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.... But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming." I Corinthians 15: 20, 23

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." James 1: 18

"And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." Romans 8: 23

" After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise." Numbers 14: 34 "Ye" refers back to verse 2, the children of Israel.

"Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!" Isaiah 31: 1 The Lord is holy, not Israel.

"I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King." Isaiah 43: 15
The Lord, who created Israel is holy, not his creation.

"And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also." Jeremiah 3: 8

"O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters." Jeremiah 17: 13

The Lord Jesus Christ is the hope of Israel. He is the hope of Israel reborn in him, the spiritual house of I Peter 2: 5.

"Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 31: 37

"And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day. 4. For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD. 5. And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them. 6. And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house." Ezekiel 2: 3-6

The theology of Christian Zionism says God now has two different peoples, the Jews and the church. The theology does not discriminate between the remnant of physical Israel who accepted Christ and the majority who rejected him, in effect, saying that all physical Israel remain God's people, and even his chosen people. So, for Christian Zionism the root of Paul's olive tree could be Old Covenant Israel, and/or the religion of the Pharisees which is basically Talmudic Judaism.

Interpreting Romans 11: 16 by scripture, rather than by man leaning to his own understanding, who is the root of the olive tree of Romans 11?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 05:28 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
See the salvation from God changed and the shadow which the blessing of Isaac gave for salvation had come to an end , the ark of the testimony which God once dwelt had being lost since about 700 B.C and the time of the deliverer had come who was Lord Jesus ....See Jewish people who followed the Jewish customs just needed to change their redemption ideas and be born again and turn away from sin and receive Jesus Christ Spirit in to their lives , as the redemption of goats and lambs being sacrificed had ended and Jesus told them , so If Those who knew God to begin with turned to Jesus and the Jewish people who refused to believe God New Covenant plan lost their power of redemption .... See God never abandoned them........ All they had to do was to turn to Lord Jesus for His righteousness would be the only way to God , and People who receive the temple of Holy Spirit into their lives ..... So those who refused God new plan lost the power as from Luke 23: 45 at the cross of Jesus Christ...``and the sun was darkened and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst``.... See God ripped the veil in the old temple which signified an end of the old Temple and a new beginning for the Temple of Holy Spirit who did come at Pentecost ...... So those Jewish People who did go and be Baptized in the Holy Spirit of Jesus could still be of the Jewish faith , the only difference is the the Jewish only salvation had come to an end , and that people would worship the Lord in Spirit and in Truth and , that redemption would come through the Blood of Jesus Christ who took the lamb and Goats sacrifice, and salvation through the righteousness of Lord Jesus were people must repent and receive Jesus Spirit into their lives, as the heaven of Abraham bosom had been removed ......See Messianic Jew today do this and even watered down the lamb and goat sacrifice and a honor to Jesus faith.........Also the root of the fig tree is sin as Adam and Eve hid their sin from God with fig leaves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity