Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,406 times

Advertisements

And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 07:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
I know this might offend the sin conscious, but i honestly believe John is saying if you screw up don't beat yourself up because you have an advocate with Father. So quit getting all silly about missing the mark and doing the whole woe is me I am undone thing as if you have taken your Heavenly Father by suprise. If we are sinning its because we are not living by faith, for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. The just live by faith.

for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, why ?, because he knows he has an advocate with the Father.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I know this might offend the sin conscious, but i honestly believe John is saying if you screw up don't beat yourself up because you have an advocate with Father. So quit getting all silly about missing the mark and doing the whole woe is me I am undone thing as if you have taken your Heavenly Father by suprise. If we are sinning its because we are not living by faith, for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. The just live by faith.

for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, why ?, because he knows he has an advocate with the Father.
Hi pcamps, do you believe that even if we proclaim to love God and care about God that we don't need to be congnizant about sin or be concerned about refraining from sinning?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:09 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Hi pcamps, do you believe that even if we proclaim to love God and care about God that we don't need to be congnizant about sin or be concerned about refraining from sinning?
If you truly DO "love God and each other" daily . . . you can NOT sin. So when you fail to "love God and each other" (sin) that is when you need to repent . . . and all is well. Focusing on sin is the wrong idea . . . it takes your mind off "love of God and each other."

Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Trettep I am not saying what you are thinking that I am. If you miss the mark you aim again , if you fall you get up again,for i have learnt that doing either He is not condemning but ever present to help and encourage to keep you going.This life is far to short to wallow in failure( been there and done that).

Old 11-20-2012, 05:19 AM

Just to add christianty is about looking unto Jesus Christ the life that is the light to all men, not looking at our sin that so easily besets us.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:49 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,887 times
are we not sinless in His eyes? Jesus took the our sins upon him. when we sin, grace surpasses any sin we commit. does that mean we purposely do whatever we want? of course not. There is no sin big enough that the Love of God cannot conquor. We are not suppose to live a life worrying about whether we have done wrong. relax and learn to let God truly love you.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
are we not sinless in His eyes? Jesus took the our sins upon him. when we sin, grace surpasses any sin we commit. does that mean we purposely do whatever we want? of course not. There is no sin big enough that the Love of God cannot conquor. We are not suppose to live a life worrying about whether we have done wrong. relax and learn to let God truly love you.
Exactly where i am coming from too. I have absolute confidence in our Heavenly Father that due to Him being patient and tolerant towards us,is continually causing us to repent by His kindness, and I have found that more often than not, that when there is change within i knew nothing of it.This is none other than God working in the secret place of our innermost being.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:54 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

And that is exactly why that Scripture is there. It is a comfort to know that we can look to Jesus to cleanse our consience and move on. We are not to remain sin conscious but to grow in Grace. Grace enables us to be and to do better.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you truly DO "love God and each other" daily . . . you can NOT sin. So when you fail to "love God and each other" (sin) that is when you need to repent . . . and all is well. Focusing on sin is the wrong idea . . . it takes your mind off "love of God and each other."
I dont' call it focusing on sin, I call it being on guard against it. Focusing is to light an understanding. We need to be on guard against it.

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity