Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 01:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It's pretty simple. If you're romantically and sexually attracted only to members of the same sex, then you're gay. If you're romantically and sexually attracted only to members of the opposite sex, then you're straight. If you're romantically and sexually attracted to both sexes, then you're bisexual.
Nicely nut-shelled.

And true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 03:08 PM

110 posts, read 103,736 times
Matthew 5:27-28Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

This isn't a new revelation. It basically is the tenth commandment: Thou shalt not covet. By Jesus calling the sin "adultery" we know the object of the lust was married.

A women desiring an unmarried women or a man desiring an unmarried man could not be "adultery" so Matthew 5:27-28 doesn't apply.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

If you agree with me that the homosexual act is sin then I would suggest that thinking about sinning will lead to sin. Remember what James says:

James 1:14-16 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:45 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
If you are born that way or if you become that way as you grow up, it doesn't matter, as long as you practice it with consenting people.
uh,people are born gay right?

How can somebody become gay?

Old 12-04-2014, 06:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
No it means you are wicked?

Old 12-04-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It's pretty simple. If you're romantically and sexually attracted only to members of the same sex, then you're gay. If you're romantically and sexually attracted only to members of the opposite sex, then you're straight. If you're romantically and sexually attracted to both sexes, then you're bisexual.
Well,it is not so simple.
Many people can be sexually attracted to someone without romantic thoughts.
For example,what about men who are attracted to women romantically but men sexually?

Say a guy is married to a women but has had homosexual thought all of his life.

Would he be considered gay?

Also

Old 12-04-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
For example,what about men who are attracted to women romantically but men sexually?

Also
If he can still enjoy sex with his wife, he's probably bi.

If sex is infrequent, and/or dysfunctional on his end, my guess would be his attempt to change his inclination is failing and he's probably gay.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:19 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
I consider "romantically and sexually" as one term - not two. Perhaps I just should have said "attracted" or "sexually attracted."

If you're sexually attracted to only the same sex, your gay. If you're sexually attracted to only the opposite sex, you're straight. If you're sexually attracted to both sexes, you're bi.

Quote:

It depends. Is he also attracted to woman? If so, he's bisexual - if not, he's gay and living a lie with a woman.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:55 AM

What i take of this is that everyone starts off the same but that someone becomes gay because they dwell on the gay thoughts vs someone who had a fleeting gay thought but did not dwell on it?

i believe everyone has gay thoughts

Old 12-05-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
What i take of this is that everyone starts off the same but that someone becomes gay because they dwell on the gay thoughts vs someone who had a fleeting gay thought but did not dwell on it?

It's when the gay thoughts set off gay feelings that one's orientation becomes clearer.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:08 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:

Actually, we do not ALL start off the same. Unless you refer to John Locke's Tabula Rasa concept.

THOUGHT rarely make us become a different person in action. They do influence decisions, but I do not believe I will become a neurosurgeon simply by thinking about it. Nor will I become a murderer simply by thinking about killing someone like, say Pat Robertson...

I wonder if some people are not obsessed with the elephant because another person told them DO NOT THINK ABOUT AN ELEPHANT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity