Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 PM

121 posts, read 106,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman2 View Post
The truth we are talking about is in a specific area about which there is no infallible basis for determining what is truth that does not use human reason and interpretations. So, yes, I am declaring that to be true. Why would you pretend that we are talking about all truths? There are some that are verifiable. That is one of them.
I make no absolute claims and my opinions proclaim no absolute certainty or truth over any others. You do, repeatedly and adamantly, against Mormonism and Katzpur's beliefs about it. I suspect you would be equally adamant about Jehovahs and their beliefs. Your intolerance would no doubt proclaim them not Christian. You do not allow that she or they could be right about anything. That is the difference between our understanding of tolerance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
uh huh. ok. spare us, please. As I said....we can be adults. We can agree to disagree and be tolerant. I'm willing to do that. Are you?
I believe I already indicated that I do not claim any absolute certainty over your or anyone else's beliefs. That IS tolerance. You might want to try doing that yourself, if tolerance is actually what you seek to display. Your posts against Katzpur and Mormonism have not been tolerant at all. I suspect she and we all would be very grateful, if you are truly willing to be tolerant.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:58 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Quote:
I believe I already indicated that I do not claim any absolute certainty over your or anyone else's beliefs. That IS tolerance. You might want to try doing that yourself, if tolerance is actually what you seek to display. Your posts against Katzpur and Mormonism have not been tolerant at all. I suspect she and we all would be very grateful, if you are truly willing to be tolerant.
For someone that is so unsure of it, you sure are spending a bunch of time ripping into me to tell me that you can be sure that we can't be sure.

Give it a rest. This is getting old. You should try to be more tolerant.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
uh huh. ok. spare us, please. As I said....we can be adults. We can agree to disagree and be tolerant. I'm willing to do that. Are you?
I believe the ball is in your court, Vizio. Ironman has consistently been the model of tolerance throughout this discussion.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe the ball is in your court, Vizio. Ironman has consistently been the model of tolerance throughout this discussion.
What do you really expect from me here? What is it that you want?

Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 PM

239 posts, read 192,925 times
Quote:
For someone that is so unsure of it, you sure are spending a bunch of time ripping into me to tell me that you can be sure that we can't be sure.

Seems unless you agree this false religion could be true you will be labeled as "intolerant". I bet Jesus was called that when he pointed out the errors of the "religious" folks of His day too. !

Old 12-04-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had to change names View Post
Seems unless you agree this false religion could be true you will be labeled as "intolerant". I bet Jesus was called that when he pointed out the errors of the "religious" folks of His day too. !
I think so. Funny how intolerant people can be. They are not tolerant of anyone that disagrees with them.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:10 PM

121 posts, read 106,860 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, Katzpur, he's all yours. I would not have believed it possible. This forum is truly an interesting and intriguing place. Regrettably there is not a lot of spirituality displayed in this Religion and Spirituality forum.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Sorry, Katzpur, he's all yours. I would not have believed it possible. This forum is truly an interesting and intriguing place. Regrettably there is not a lot of spirituality displayed in this Religion and Spirituality forum.
If Jesus himself posted here I doubt you guys would think he was tolerant. You'd probably be shouting him down as he claimed to be the only way.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
What do you really expect from me here? What is it that you want?
I guess what I expect to see from you is just more of what I've already seen. What I want from you to is a little less contempt for my faith, a little more respect for my feelings, and the simple acknowledgment of those doctrines we do have in common (because we do see eye to eye on more things than you are willing to admit). If that's too much to ask for, just say so, and I'll stop even trying to have this conversation.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks, but I don't really want him either, Ironman. I, too, have had enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity