Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What's "popular" isn't necessary what's "accurate." It's actually going to be the other way around... God gets His billions while Satan gets His measly few.
That's correct Katzpur. There is much today which passes for popular but in fact is far from accurate.

I would suggest that in the end God gets all with Satan and his minions being reconciled to God and no more enmity in any of God's universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM

167 posts, read 179,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I just cannot see how God can be God if He cannot perform His OWN will.
He can perform his own will but he can't perform yours. He would have it that there are none who choose destruction, but some do. Its the Prodigal son.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
no
more aggressive talks louder and acts tough
then he gets beat up badly
much like many i know

as long as they stick to the mouthing off and strutting they do great
they have many admirerers.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Theist View Post
He can perform his own will but he can't perform yours. He would have it that there are none who choose destruction, but some do. Its the Prodigal son.
I am glad you agree that He performs His will

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
Quote:

So Hitler and Mao were saved? Wow....your version of a god isn't very holy or just.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:

[Sigh] You are not an idiot, you know what I said.

If it were my will no man would perish. Not Hitler, or Stalin, nor Homosexual, uncovered women teaching before men, the ignorant, no . . . not even those that disagree with me and have a phallic symbol hanging upon their neck while condemning me to a pagan mythological hell.

Not one. I have no enemies. But, dear sir, if such tolerance were the will of our Grand Creator our Savior would have been wasting our time and his life. Adam would not have brought destruction and death upon us all.

I can't see myself deserving everlasting peace in Jehovah God's kingdom upon Earth. In this sinful state, as much as I can repel it, sickening it logically is to me and yet my only experience. If I had the choice of grasping his will and making it my own what folly it would be! I would rather his will be done and myself perish.

You can't have your will and his will. And so Jesus, the greatest man who ever lived, said: "Why do you call me good? No one is good except the Father."

Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
You are skirting around saying the will of man is more powerful than will of God.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:54 PM

398 posts, read 545,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So Hitler and Mao were saved? Wow....your version of a god isn't very holy or just.
Excuse me.....but how do you know WHAT happened to either of those people?

And who are you to define what is "just" or what is "holy".

Could either of those individuals have been instruments of God?

You Bible-thumpers don't have a problem calling down an Apocalypse in every other thread. What makes you think that the people you named were not intended to be catalysts in the development of the Human Race?

You really have a very narrow and selective way of observing and explaining reality, don't you.

FWIW.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM

398 posts, read 545,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Theist View Post
[Sigh] You are not an idiot, you know what I said.

If it were my will no man would perish. Not Hitler, or Stalin, nor Homosexual, uncovered women teaching before men, the ignorant, no . . . not even those that disagree with me and have a phallic symbol hanging upon their neck while condemning me to a pagan mythological hell.

Not one. I have no enemies. But, dear sir, if such tolerance were the will of our Grand Creator our Savior would have been wasting our time and his life. Adam would not have brought destruction and death upon us all.

I can't see myself deserving everlasting peace in Jehovah God's kingdom upon Earth. In this sinful state, as much as I can repel it, sickening it logically is to me and yet my only experience. If I had the choice of grasping his will and making it my own what folly it would be! I would rather his will be done and myself perish.

You can't have your will and his will. And so Jesus, the greatest man who ever lived, said: "Why do you call me good? No one is good except the Father."
Well... T..... if you are going to rely on Logic in the final analysis that sorta cancels out your use of Faith now, doesn't it. You can't have it both ways. Maybe God can...but YOU can't. Thats really why its pretty hard to take any of your raving seriously. You use a book to support a logical arguement to explain and defend a condition of Faith. And what caps it is that you, yourself, see nothing improbable about any of this.

FWIW.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
Well... T..... if you are going to rely on Logic in the final analysis that sorta cancels out your use of Faith now, doesn't it.
Me, personally . . . no. I can't speak for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
You can't have it both ways. Maybe God can...but YOU can't. Thats really why its pretty hard to take any of your raving seriously. You use a book to support a logical arguement to explain and defend a condition of Faith. And what caps it is that you, yourself, see nothing improbable about any of this.

FWIW.
I use a book to support a logical argument . . . never mind. I'm not going to go there again. You are not the first Christian I have encountered who sees an understanding of the Bible as an affront to your own traditional and myopic sense of what is the knowledge of what is good and what is bad.

I absolve you.

Your salvation would dictate to me that you put on a good show and in all contentment I can not judge you any harsher than simplicity has any recourse to the law you distance yourself from in ignorance.

But then again. Your salvation is most assuredly not mine.

From the book though, for what it is worth.

Then it came about in that year, in the beginning of the kingdom of Zedekiah the king of Judah, in the fourth year, in the fifth month, that Hananiah the son of Azzur, the prophet who was from Gibeon, said to me in the house of Jehovah before the eyes of the priests and of all the people: "This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said, 'I will break the yoke of the king of Babylon. Within two full years more I am bringing back to this place all the utensils of the house of Jehovah that Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon took from this place that he might bring them to Babylon.'" "'And Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, the king of Judah, and all the exiles of Judah who have come to Babylon I am bringing back to this place,' is the utterance of Jehovah, 'for I shall break the yoke of the king of Babylon.'"

And Jeremiah the prophet proceeded to say to Hananiah the prophet before the eyes of the priests and before the eyes of all the people who were standing in the house of Jehovah; yes, Jeremiah the prophet proceeded to say: "Amen! Thus may Jehovah do! May Jehovah establish your words that you have prophesied by bringing back the utensils of the house of Jehovah and all the exiled people from Babylon to this place! However, hear, please, this word that I am speaking in your ears and in the ears of all the people. As regards the prophets that happened to be prior to me and prior to you from long ago, they also used to prophesy concerning many lands and concerning great kingdoms, of war and of calamity and of pestilence. As regards the prophet that prophesies of peace, when the word of the prophet comes true the prophet whom Jehovah has sent in truth will become known."

At that Hananiah the prophet took the yoke bar from off the neck of Jeremiah the prophet and broke it. And Hananiah went on to say before the eyes of all the people: "This is what Jehovah has said, 'Just like this I shall break the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon within two full years more from off the neck of all the nations.'" And Jeremiah the prophet proceeded to go his way.

Then the word of Jehovah occurred to Jeremiah, after Hananiah the prophet had broken the yoke bar from off the neck of Jeremiah the prophet, saying: "Go, and you must say to Hananiah, 'This is what Jehovah has said: "Yoke bars of wood you have broken, and instead of them you will have to make yoke bars of iron."

For this is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said: "A yoke of iron I will put upon the neck of all these nations, to serve Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon; and they must serve him. And even the wild beasts of the field I will give him."'"

And Jeremiah the prophet went on to say to Hananiah the prophet: "Listen, please, O Hananiah! Jehovah has not sent you, but you yourself have caused this people to trust in a falsehood. Therefore this is what Jehovah has said, 'Look! I am sending you away from off the surface of the ground. This year you yourself must die, for you have spoken outright revolt against Jehovah.'"

So Hananiah the prophet died in that year, in the seventh month."

If, please, Jehovah says good, then report good. If, though, Jehovah reports bad the people need to hear it. If the people only want good then the truth may not be in them.

Last edited by The Theist; 12-03-2012 at 08:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity