Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM

398 posts, read 545,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
The thing is there is only one who understands the bible. And that one person is the one who has the Holy Spirit. For the bible is the inspired words of the Holy Spirit. That is why in John14 Jesus prays to the Father to send the Spirit of Truth. Which the world can not see, but ye will know him for he dwells with you. And He will tell you all things that are true.
What? Verses 16 and 17? Is that what you are referring to? Read it again, HS.

I'm not a big fan of John but you really have this one wrong.

Jesus isn't praying...He's advising his apostles that "another Paraclete" will be made available to them. It won't be obvious to the rest of the World but people of Faith will recognize His presence. And Jesus' assurance is that this next Paraclete will hang around forever and not just be passing through as Jesus knew He was.

Wanna play with the Bible, please at least get it right, 'kay? Sheesh.

FWIW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 07:59 PM

93 posts, read 83,735 times
What! Thick skin are ya. I was referring to reading the whole chapter of John 14 otherwise I would have put John 14;16 which says "I will pray the Father" And if you read the whole chapter then you would know what I was referring to. Besides, Jesus always prays to the Father. In everything that He is is because He prays to the Father. He is One with the Father. Remember, I will put My Spirit upon him. And Jesus is telling them that the Spirit of Truth, who is the Holy Spirit, which the world can not receive, for it knoweth him not, but ye will know him, for he dwells with you.

You know him by the fruits of his labor. Does the words he speak come true. Isaiah 42. The Servant of God. Before you speak grasp what is before you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity