Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,242,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
I really can't believe how you folks split hairs. To me it seems like every other post is essentially asking "...but what do you MEAN by that?"! I speak English rather well and when I read that I am to love God with my whole being and to love my neighbor as myself----including my enemies---that seems awfully clear and concise. I don't know why it seems so important for people here to make something so clear and plain into such Intellectual Gymnastics. Whats the matter; don't you folks have any friends?

My sense is that if you just invested yourselves in loving God and your neighbors (and your enemies) more, you wouldn't have to worry so much about whats going to happen after you die.

IMHO.
This goes back to the first post. Christ is the only way. People will try and divert that with "love" but the reality is it's only through Christ. Like I said, people can love the Dali Lama and believe in reincarnation, or whatever they believe, but that is not Christianity and that is rejecting Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
This goes back to the first post. Christ is the only way. People will try and divert that with "love" but the reality is it's only through Christ. Like I said, people can love the Dali Lama and believe in reincarnation, or whatever they believe, but that is not Christianity and that is rejecting Christ.
You unfortunately F O X keep diverting "The Way" to meaning a way of entrance to heaven, this is not what Jesus was saying when he said "I AM the Way". He is the Way to the Father. If you have seen Jesus Christ, not a man with a beard, but the very Life that's made known to us, we have seen the Father, his Life is the Way to the Father.

Philip saw the man with the beard and Jesus said to him, have I been so long with you and you do not know me?, look Philip all that you have seen of me is the Father working in me, do you remember all the times I healed the broken hearted, opened the eyes of the blind, set the captives free, preaching peace, goodwill and good news to the poor and all the other wonderful stuff you saw me do that all the books in the world could not contain what I did ? , well Philip that is the Father you were seeing, that is how your Heavenly Father is, and do you remember when I freely gave to you and said freely you have received freely give ?, well Philip that is the way to the Father,for that is the Way of God.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 AM

8,118 posts, read 6,859,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You unfortunately F O X keep diverting "The Way" to meaning a way of entrance to heaven, this is not what Jesus was saying when he said "I AM the Way". He is the Way to the Father. If you have seen Jesus Christ, not a man with a beard, but the very Life that's made known to us, we have seen the Father, his Life is the Way to the Father.

Philip saw the man with the beard and Jesus said to him, have I been so long with you and you do not know me?, look Philip all that you have seen of me is the Father working in me, do you remember all the times I healed the broken hearted, opened the eyes of the blind, set the captives free, preaching peace, goodwill and good news to the poor and all the other wonderful stuff you saw me do that all the books in the world could not contain what I did ? , well Philip that is the Father you were seeing, that is how your Heavenly Father is, and do you remember when I freely gave to you and said freely you have received freely give ?, well Philip that is the way to the Father,for that is the Way of God.
Exactly!! Great post.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:

You are strange. I've figured you out... you cant read correctly. I said Christ is the way and you go on a tirade saying the same thing with more detail. And on top of that sparrow praises you. You both cant read.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
You are strange. I've figured you out... you cant read correctly. I said Christ is the way and you go on a tirade saying the same thing with more detail. And on top of that sparrow praises you. You both cant read.

We are coming from 2 different places on the understanding of Jesus saying I am the way. You believe he is referring the way to heaven, I emphatically do not. You are right about me being strange.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
We are coming from 2 different places on the understanding of Jesus saying I am the way. You believe he is referring the way to heaven, I emphatically do not. You are right about me being strange.
No he is the way to live on earth and he is also the way to heaven after you die. So we are in agreement on one but you deny the other.

Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,608,101 times
Quote:
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
Can I assume you've followed these instructions to the letter?

Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Can I assume you've followed these instructions to the letter?
You can.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:47 PM

398 posts, read 543,400 times
Quote:
And therein lies the rub.......

I'm finally getting the hang of this double-talk. People can talk about JESUS and Love and Behaviors until they are blue in the face, but you really get off on all that metaphysical word-twisty stuff. Whatcha think? You figure if you do enough of that mind-numbing psychic shell-game, God will be wow-d when you come before Him. I can see it now: "Watch Carefully, God, not once do I ever let Reason get in the way of my construct-juggling! Whacha think? Pretty cool, right? Here: watch me pull a Gnostic out of my Hat!"

I don't ever remember Jesus saying that people get special places or extra points for playing word games with his message.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM

398 posts, read 543,400 times
Quote:
This is becoming increasingly evident to me in these threads.

We have the people who find shelter in Jesus for His message about what this life is about.

Then we have people who find security in Christ for is waiting in the NEXT Life.

Given the Choice, I want to be the best person I can be here. My Faith is that God will address anything that needs to be addressed afterwards.

FWIW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity