Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus being the "way" is not about going to heaven, He is the way to the Father.
JN 14:3-6 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know. Thomas said unto Him, Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way? Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by Me."

Preparation takes place in the heart now for a life more abundant now because He has sent the Spirit and when the time is right for each soul, we will go to be where He is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
JN 14:3-6 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know. Thomas said unto Him, Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way? Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by Me."

Preparation takes place in the heart now for a life more abundant now because He has sent the Spirit and when the time is right for each soul, we will go to be where He is.
Gary my friend that is not talking about heaven.Jesus said that where I AM you maybe also. The I AM is the state of being where Jesus abode, and the place the place he prepared for us. The many mansions are all the I Am's of God

I know this is hard to accept when from the day we believed, we believed it was about going to heaven.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:58 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Pleroo, pcamps, sparrow, Christy . . . my friends, sorry I have been away. There is a lot to read through. It seems the fundies have been having a field day in this thread . . . not understanding agape love. Not everyone loves in the way Christ meant and demonstrated. It is only when we love the way Christ did that we are "in Christ" . . . and Christ is manifesting within us. If we follow the guidance of Christ within . . . (His Holy Spirit as the Comforter) . . . we will love as He did. When we do . . . we resonate in some imperfect harmonic of His perfect agape love. That is what elevates our Spirit and makes it acceptable to God under Christ's grace.
Quote:
We all have to die, Vizio. Christ did not have to die when nor as horrendously as He did . . . except for the ignorance, barbarity and superstition of our ancestors. It was because of their superstitious and barbaric religious beliefs resulting from their ignorance and sinful nature . . . that Christ suffered torture and crucifixion for His message of God's love for us all. That is what the phrase, "He died for our sins" actually means. He died "because of" our sins. The word translated as "for" actually means "because of."

The significance of His death and rebirth as Spirit (resurrection) is to establish that no longer will we be separated from God or without God's constant guidance as our ancestors were. They had sporadic guidance through prophets sensitive to the Holy Spirit of God. But once Christ died . . . His perfect human Holy Spirit (identical to God's) joined the collective human consciousness. It has been available since Christ's rebirth to all of us within our consciousness to guide us to what God has "written in our hearts."
EXACTLY...now why is this so hard to comprehend???? I'll tell you why...because instead of looking for the Kindgom WITHIN themselves, as Jesus instructed...they look everywhere else and, in turn, NEVER find it.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post

Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Gary my friend that is not talking about heaven.Jesus said that where I AM you maybe also. The I AM is the state of being where Jesus abode, and the place the place he prepared for us. The many mansions are all the I Am's of God

I know this is hard to accept when from the day we believed, we believed it was about going to heaven.
Actually, it's both. I like the way Matthew Henry explains it.

That where he is there they shall be also. This intimates, what many other scriptures declare, that the quintessence of heaven’s happiness is being with Christ there, ch. 17:24 ; Phil. 1:23 ; 1 Th. 4:17 . Christ speaks of his being there as now present, that where I am; where I am to be shortly, where I am to be eternally; there you shall be shortly, there you shall be eternally: not only there, in the same place; but here, in the same state: not only spectators of his glory, as the three disciples on the mount, but sharers in it. (4.) That this may be inferred from his going to prepare a place for us, for his preparations shall not be in vain. He will not build and furnish lodgings, and let them stand empty. He will be the finisher of that of which he is the author. If he has prepared the place for us, he will prepare us for it, and in due time put us in possession of it. As the resurrection of Christ is the assurance of our resurrection, so his ascension, victory, and glory, are an assurance of ours.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Actually, it's both. I like the way Matthew Henry explains it.

That where he is there they shall be also. This intimates, what many other scriptures declare, that the quintessence of heaven’s happiness is being with Christ there, ch. 17:24 ; Phil. 1:23 ; 1 Th. 4:17 . Christ speaks of his being there as now present, that where I am; where I am to be shortly, where I am to be eternally; there you shall be shortly, there you shall be eternally: not only there, in the same place; but here, in the same state: not only spectators of his glory, as the three disciples on the mount, but sharers in it. (4.) That this may be inferred from his going to prepare a place for us, for his preparations shall not be in vain. He will not build and furnish lodgings, and let them stand empty. He will be the finisher of that of which he is the author. If he has prepared the place for us, he will prepare us for it, and in due time put us in possession of it. As the resurrection of Christ is the assurance of our resurrection, so his ascension, victory, and glory, are an assurance of ours.
Jimmie I am not talking about a place called heaven, I am referring to the I Am state of being that Jesus often spoke of . That where "I AM" you may be also. I Am is the salvation of God.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Jimmie I am not talking about a place called heaven, I am referring to the I Am state of being that Jesus often spoke of . That where "I AM" you may be also. I Am is the salvation of God.
Yes, I know. That was my first bolded passage above.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
We all have to die, Vizio. Christ did not have to die when nor as horrendously as He did . . . except for the ignorance, barbarity and superstition of our ancestors. It was because of their superstitious and barbaric religious beliefs resulting from their ignorance and sinful nature . . . that Christ suffered torture and crucifixion for His message of God's love for us all. That is what the phrase, "He died for our sins" actually means. He died "because of" our sins. The word translated as "for" actually means "because of."

The significance of His death and rebirth as Spirit (resurrection) is to establish that no longer will we be separated from God or without God's constant guidance as our ancestors were. They had sporadic guidance through prophets sensitive to the Holy Spirit of God. But once Christ died . . . His perfect human Holy Spirit (identical to God's) joined the collective human consciousness. It has been available since Christ's rebirth to all of us within our consciousness to guide us to what God has "written in our hearts."
So you deny the substitutionary atonement?

Last edited by Vizio; 12-11-2012 at 12:26 PM..

Old 12-12-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So you deny the substitutionary atonement?
Think very carefully about this...

If Jesus is God and God can't die...then there was NO DEATH. If there was NO DEATH, there was NO SUBSTITUTION.

Jesus was killed for his message, which was considered SEDITION by the Romans...nothing more, nothing less.

God clearly states in the OT...that the person who sins is the one who is punished and he also states that no man can redeem another. If you believe otherwise then your beliefs are in contradiction to what God already stated....thus, what God has said is CONTRADICTORY.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
You are strange. I've figured you out... you cant read correctly. I said Christ is the way and you go on a tirade saying the same thing with more detail. And on top of that sparrow praises you. You both cant read.

The Lord as chosen you to be a peculiar( strange) people to himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity