Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Kingdom of God is with in us. This is why the psalmist said if I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. God is with us wherever we go,some are awake to this wonderful reality. Those who are,see God in others, those asleep see sin in others.

You get the triple thumb my brother...for that is exactly what God has revealed to me. I now live it and God lives through me and is manifested into the world. That is our GREAT COMMISSION!!!

The trouble is most cannot even comprehend what it means to have uncondtional agape love for another let alone for themselves...this is the love Jesus spoke of when he said to...LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. One can't give...what one doesn't possess...and until one possesses it, one cannot understand it.

When you look at another, do you see sin (or what you perceive to be wrong living) in their lives or do you see them through the lense of love, only seeing the good??? This is the test that will tell you where you stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Ghandi I believe had Jesus Christ in him.
No. He didn't.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No. He didn't.
Yes he did. And, if you actually understood what it meant to be "IN CHRIST" (which 99% of Christians don't)...you would recognize that. Just saying...

Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Yes he did. And, if you actually understood what it meant to be "IN CHRIST" (which 99% of Christians don't)...you would recognize that. Just saying...
This is true Christy. We want to see God everywhere but where He is.

They said, “Rabbi†(which means Teacher), “where are you staying?â€

"Come,†he replied, “and you will see.â€So they went and saw where he was staying, John 1:38-40

Where did they discover that Jesus was staying ?

John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

This ^^^^^^^^ is where Jesus was staying. John 14:20 is his address, its ours too.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
This is true Christy. We want to see God everywhere but where He is.

They said, “Rabbi†(which means Teacher), “where are you staying?â€

"Come,†he replied, “and you will see.â€So they went and saw where he was staying, John 1:38-40

Where did they discover that Jesus was staying ?

John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

This ^^^^^^^^ is where Jesus was staying. John 14:20 is his address, its ours too.

So simplitistic...yet so difficult for many to grasp.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I'd love to see how you define that.

I'm a pastor. I've been to seminary. What is your theological training?

Old 12-07-2012, 02:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Where is he that is born King of the Jews?

When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

It's a wonderful thing discovering who and where Jesus Christ IS.

When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. God with us here on earth instead of separate from us up in the sky somewhere,always offends our old man and the religion he is subscribed too.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:

LOL...so because you've been to a theological school, you think you are better qualified in spiritual matters than I am???

I've studied Ancient Religions, Ancient Comparative Religions, Ancient Origins of Religious Beliefs, Ancient Origins of the Bible, Ancient Archeology, Ancient Astrotheology, Ancient Syncretism in Religions, The Ugarit, The Sumerians, etc...and the list goes on and on and on and on....for the better part of 35 years. I think I can safely say that I am more than qualified.

The difference between me and you is this...I am open minded and will go where the evidence leads me...while you are still wearing your Christian blinders and aren't willing to accept any evidence that is contrary to what you've been taught at your theological school.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
LOL...so because you've been to a theological school, you think you are better qualified in spiritual matters than I am???
Possibly. I do this for a living.
Quote:
I've studied Ancient Religions, Ancient Comparative Religions, Ancient Origins of Religious Beliefs, Ancient Origins of the Bible, Ancient Archeology, Ancient Astrotheology, Ancient Syncretism in Religions, The Ugarit, The Sumerians, etc...and the list goes on and on and on and on....for the better part of 35 years. I think I can safely say that I am more than qualified.
And that means what? It's funny how everyone thinks they're an expert in Theological issues because they do a bit of reading on the internet.
Quote:
The difference between me and you is this...I am open minded and will go where the evidence leads me...while you are still wearing your Christian blinders and aren't willing to accept any evidence that is contrary to what you've been taught at your theological school.
You know nothing about me. But right...I'm sure you're little miss open-minded.

Again...what do you mean by "In Christ"?

Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:

Do you have a box on your head also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity