Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM

398 posts, read 543,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
You're going to get judge no matter what. And you will be judged by the One who has the Spirit of Truth on him. And My Truths are final!
Yeah...and you can probably guess just about how anxiety-ridden I am about being judged by some nameless/faceless keyboard putz. If you have so much Righteousness going for you how come you can't bring yourself to use your real name? Could it possibly because your dad might come home and find you playing with his Bible Study program and tan yer hide? I don't fault you for trying to take a swing at me...thats just life being life. But I DO get really tired of you throwing yer keyboard around like you almost know what yer talking about.....mostly because there might be some gullible people on here who might think that you do.

Last edited by Glad2bHere!; 12-11-2012 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 08:24 PM

398 posts, read 543,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
It was actually, over time. In simple terms its like 1+1=2, 2+2=4. It was a process. Christ was tearing away at their unbelief. Luke 24;44,46 the same in Mark 16. In Mark 16;19 it says "and sat on the right hand of God. And when Christ was lifted up into Heaven they clearly knew for they rejoiced. Luke 24;52. The apostles could not receive the Holy Spirit unless they understood that Christ was indeed God incarnate.
Yeah....and I can just bet THAT kept them up ALL night, right?

Lets just make sure we are talking about the same guys, OK.

This is a group of illiterate fishmen who walked with Jesus for about three years, right? Same guys, right? And even after all that has happened over the last three years (and the last three months) these same guys are still asking Him if "now" is the time for the State of Israel to be reconstituted. Are those the guys you are talking about.....the ones that are having this Theological discussion with a.......former....... dead....... guy?

How about this for an alternate reading.

How about you have a small group of guys who have been entrusted with some great new approach to living in this world. And here they are sitting around musing about the good ol days with the Teacher. Suddenly they find that they can't quite remember what took place where, and when and how. Now it dawns on them that they better do SOMETHING with what they have or its going to die with them. So they get off their butts and start making contact with the community and promoting what they had been taught.
If you want to call that being "touched by the Holy Spirit" I suppose thats as good a label as any.

FWIW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity