Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:45 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,526,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""Well the according to how you see things, you will always be inferior to your employer, mother, father and or others smarter then you """

LOL! Don't you wish....Unlike you, I can think for myself.....and no, that's not what I think, not what I posted ....the topic is weak men making up rules for their own benefit.

"""Men are no better than women and vice versa......but it is convenient for weak men to use the bible to get them what they never deserved , or earned, in the first place. """

My boss may be my superior but that doesn't make him superior (or smarter). And she/he is probably a boss because they EARNED that position unlike weak men who think they should just be handed the position.

My parents EARNED their position over me by being parents and having a responsibility to take care of their CHILDREN (WOMEN ARE NOT CHILDREN!)....

"""Men are no better than women and vice versa......but it is convenient for weak men to use the bible to get them what they never deserved , or earned, in the first place."""
We get it. You really think you are superior and men are weak. Your only here to trash men and the Bible. Your view is based on the failings of some men. Well, welcome to the human race.

I have worked under several woman even in the construction industry and I obeyed/submited to all their commands without resentment.
Submit, and command are not dirty words to me no matter what gender they come from. Pride can not stand those words but respect for legitimate order does.

Last edited by garya123; 12-18-2012 at 10:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 09:47 AM

45,315 posts, read 26,834,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You cannot defend the absurd notion that God ordained all women to be submissive to all men . . . (as would be true if it were some God-ordained requirement) . . . and then pretend nobody defends it when ugly specifics are discussed.
You should know this (or maybe not I guess).

Women should not be submissive if man's actions or advice fall outside of God's principles. They should remain faithful to God's principles even if he doesn't.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:56 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,083,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This isn't even part of the issue - yet you try to continue to use this as leverage for your argument.

Nobody defends these actions.
No, but they encourage these actions by telling men that the only qualification they need to have somone be submmissive to them is to have a penis.
It IS part of the issue when so many men abuse women because they think women should be submissive.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You cannot defend the absurd notion that God ordained all women to be submissive to all men . . . (as would be true if it were some God-ordained requirement) . . . and then pretend nobody defends it when ugly specifics are discussed.
Quote:
Women should not be submissive if man's actions or advice fall outside of God's principles. They should remain faithful to God's principles even if he doesn't.
You are suggesting that God's ordinance is just a "suggestion" that can be overridden by circumstance and human judgment? Either God ordained women to be submissive to men . . . or He didn't. I accept the latter.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,083,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
We get it. You really think you are superior and men are weak. Your only here to trash men and the Bible. Your view is based on the failings of some men. Well, welcome to the human race.
Pouty ,pout pout....

I never said I was superior to men and that men are weak....isn't lying a "sin"?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:01 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,659,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Amen... gary !!
I do know that when some women have had a very bad experience, abuse and betrayed deeply by a man/men it tends to lead one not being able to emotionally separate the good from the bad until God can heal the pain, betrayal they carry.

Quote:

Amen....

Old 12-18-2012, 10:09 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,976,196 times
You know, I have an acquaintance who is going through her second year of seminary.

Before she went, she had started a ministry in the inner city. Then she started a ministry bringing badly needed medicine and care to the people of rural Haiti. She has preached the Gospel through her actions. Why you think she shouldn't preach the Gospel in the pulpit is beyond me.

By the way, according to Corinthians 1 11:5, women shouldn't pray or prophesy in church with their heads uncovered in church, either (By the way, the very passage about when women should prophesy in church kind of obviates the passage about women not speaking in church. Which is it? If, as the passage implies, a woman can prophesy in church with the proper head covering, then how exactly is she supposed to remain silent? Which is it? It can't be both, you know).

With that in mind, how many of you attend a church where 100% of the women wear hats? Or even 5%, for that matter? How many of you insist that your wives or girlfriends wear hats to church?

Old 12-18-2012, 12:37 PM

239 posts, read 191,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know, I have an acquaintance who is going through her second year of seminary.

Before she went, she had started a ministry in the inner city. Then she started a ministry bringing badly needed medicine and care to the people of rural Haiti. She has preached the Gospel through her actions. Why you think she shouldn't preach the Gospel in the pulpit is beyond me.
I believe women can preach behind the pulpit to other women all they want. The teaching of men within the gathered church is what is forbidden by scripture. Not to mention it also say's to be a Bishop (pastor) one must be a man married to a woman. (husband of one wife)

Don't have time to get into the "head covering" thing at the moment.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:00 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,444,719 times
Quote:
"Men have been feminized" is a bad thing to you????

You equate "female" with "bad".???

Seems you think men and women are equally bad, which is true. They are equally good.... so the idea of one being the leader over the other IS ridiculous.
i equate female with bad?

men being feminized starting from kids. you can go ahead and buy your son barbie doll and high heels if you want. i will not. women still like men to be men. not men who wear skirts and have no back bone.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:03 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,826,870 times
Quote:
Nope, the wacky politican who should remane nameless quoted the bible as saying wives should be SUBMISSIVE to their husbands.

Expecting someone to be submissive torwards you is NOT loving responsibility as MEN have proven over and over as they beat , murder, and abuse their wives.

Only a weak egocentric power crazed wacko NEEDS someone to be submissive to him.

I had a loving responsibility for my elderly mother...I would NEVER assume she be submissive to me....

But even then...

You have a loving responsibility toward your elderly mother, just as I do for my mother. I am responsible for her because she is incapable of being responsible for herself. I AM capable of being responsible for myself. I do not need a husband, loving or otherwise, to take responsibility for me. So call it submission or responsibility, it still equates to treating a wife as a child.

And it still equates to saying men and women are innately different- instead of the truth, which is that every person is different from the next.

Taking the potential for abuse out of it, this leadership role can be just as straining for the men involved. Not all men are suited for or want the leadership role. By assuming all men are innately 'different' in terms of desiring and handling leadership, you force people of both genders into situations that chaff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity