U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 08:40 PM

951 posts, read 800,551 times

Advertisements

The Christmas scenes like to picture Christ as a babe, totally weak, helpless, but that is not the Real Jesus Christ! That Christmas theme of mother and child was in paganism long before the time Christ was on the earth if you study history!

The song linked below pictures Christ as the super powerful God-Being -- King of kings and Lord of lords -- who will come to Earth and destroy all these worldly governments and rule for 1,000 years! It is a song that best pictures God's Holy Day -- the Feast of Trumpets (see Leviticus 23) which occurs in the late Summer/early Fall.

It is time this nation woke up and quit these pagan practices! God is going to punish us for not turning to Him and His ways after we have been warned for over 50+ years!

http://www.herbert-armstrong.org/Mus...20Trumpets.m3u

Last edited by tthttf; 12-12-2012 at 09:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 09:02 PM

2,531 posts, read 1,944,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
The Christmas scenes like to picture Christ as a babe, totally weak, helpless, but that is not the Real Jesus Christ! That Christmas theme of mother and child was in paganism long before the time Christ was on the earth if you study history!

The song linked below pictures Christ as the super powerful God-Being -- King of kings and Lord of lords -- who will come to Earth and destroy all these worldly governments and rule for 1,000 years! It is a song that best pictures God's Holy Day -- the Feast of Trumpets (see Leviticus 23) which occurs in the Fall.

It is time this nation woke up and quit these pagan practices! God is going to punish us for not turning to Him and His ways after we have been warned for over 50+ years!

http://www.herbert-armstrong.org/Mus...20Trumpets.m3u
You really have nothing to say good about anything. Fact is, the first presentation of Christ to the world was as a baby so that we might have tender spirits concerning the work of God from cradle to grave.

God is all good things to men/women of faith who have eyes to see. He is both the tender and merciful One to the humble and the broken of spirit and the roaring Lion of the tribe of Judah against all evil. And so much more as in a freind that sticks closer than a brother. And He is the King of Kings, the Mighty God without egual.

All should get to know Him. He will elavate ones life from being petty to being noble.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:22 PM

21,280 posts, read 20,917,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
You really have nothing to say good about anything.
Kind of seems that way, doesn't it? All negative, nothing positive.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
You really have nothing to say good about anything. Fact is, the first presentation of Christ to the world was as a baby so that we might have tender Spirits concerning the work of God from cradle to grave.

God is all good things to men/women of faith who have eyes to see. He is both the tender and merciful One to the humble and the broken of spirit and the roaring Lion of the tribe of Judah against all evil. And so much more as in a freind that sticks closer than a brother.
That's just it. You stop at the Crucifixion! God's Plan of Salvation does not start at the Birth of Christ in picturing the Plan being worked out each year. It starts where your false concept ends -- at the Crucifixion the sacrifice of the Passover Lamb -- Jesus Christ and goes on to the Last Great Day that pictures the final resurrections of all those who ever lived on this earth, some who lived and died before Christ was on this earth, will be given their first chance for salvation during the Judgment period of the 2nd Resurrection and unfortunately some who rejected God and Christ will be sentenced to die the 2nd Death for those who come in the 3rd Resurrection.

Your false pagan days of worship hide God's true Plan of Salvation for all of mankind. You worship a babe on a day not even commanded by God and go absolutely pagan with all the revelry and gift exchanging among yourselves totally ignoring the fact that gifts are to be given to the King and not exchanged among yourselves! Wake Up!!! That's just plain materialistic selfish worldliness and nothing else!

Now, here are the annual Days/Festivals of God that are listed in the Word of God (as one would logically expect) that Christ and the True Saints Kept and still Keep Today:

PASSOVER
DAYS OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
PENTECOST (or called the FEAST OF WEEKS or FEAST OF FIRSTFRUITS)
FEAST OF TRUMPETS
DAY OF ATONEMENT
FEAST OF TABERNACLES
LAST GREAT DAY

This nation/world is up to its nose in pagan worship and won't even recognize the True Christ when He returns! They will even resist and try to fight the true Christ when He returns and many will learn the hard way that this is not some babe in the arms of His mother but a super powerful God-Being who will melt their eyes and tongues out and put an end to this false pagan worship and wicked self-serving governments we see on this earth.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 PM

489 posts, read 512,977 times
TThttf,

I think you probably mean well, but I have heard this kind of legalistic bombastic humbug all of my life. And you know what? It leads NO ONE to Jesus Christ. It only confirms their concepts of grim, no-fun-having, everything is pagan, sour- hearted, judgemental Christians.

I don't worship a baby, or a Christmas tree. I am not under any false impression that Jesus was born on December 25, and I know that God has not commanded us to celebrate on the 25 th. But, I don't think for one minute that God is going to "punish me" and my family for celebrating Christmas. For me, it is a time of reflecting on the miracle of the incarnation, and all the remarkable events that happened around Christ's birth. It is a worshipful time for me.

The main thing is that we have a relationship with Jesus, and that we have been forgiven of our sins and reconciled to Him through his sacrifice on the cross. All this fighting about non-essential picky little things aren't going to be a help to anyone. Just my .02, from a recovering legalist.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
TThttf,

I think you probably mean well, but I have heard this kind of legalistic bombastic humbug all of my life. And you know what? It leads NO ONE to Jesus Christ. It only confirms their concepts of grim, no-fun-having, everything is pagan, sour- hearted, judgemental Christians.

I don't worship a baby, or a Christmas tree. I am not under any false impression that Jesus was born on December 25, and I know that God has not commanded us to celebrate on the 25 th. But, I don't think for one minute that God is going to "punish me" and my family for celebrating Christmas. For me, it is a time of reflecting on the miracle of the incarnation, and all the remarkable events that happened around Christ's birth. It is a worshipful time for me.

The main thing is that we have a relationship with Jesus, and that we have been forgiven of our sins and reconciled to Him through his sacrifice on the cross. All this fighting about non-essential picky little things aren't going to be a help to anyone. Just my .02, from a recovering legalist.
I won't bother you with the details, but just say that you are wrong -- this is part of the Mark of the Beast!

Old 12-12-2012, 09:50 PM

489 posts, read 512,977 times
Quote:
I won't bother you with the details, but just say that you are wrong -- this is part of the Mark of the Beast!
Hmmmm. Well, if you believe that, then by all means, steer clear of all things Christmas related . And thanks for sparing me the details!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
That's just it. You stop at the Crucifixion! God's Plan of Salvation does not start at the Birth of Christ in picturing the Plan being worked out each year. It starts where your false concept ends -- at the Crucifixion the sacrifice of the Passover Lamb -- Jesus Christ and goes on to the Last Great Day that pictures the final resurrections of all those who ever lived on this earth, some who lived and died before Christ was on this earth, will be given their first chance for salvation during the Judgment period of the 2nd Resurrection and unfortunately some who rejected God and Christ will be sentenced to die the 2nd Death for those who come in the 3rd Resurrection.

Your false pagan days of worship hide God's true Plan of Salvation for all of mankind. You worship a babe on a day not even commanded by God and go absolutely pagan with all the revelry and gift exchanging among yourselves totally ignoring the fact that gifts are to be given to the King and not exchanged among yourselves! Wake Up!!! That's just plain materialistic selfish worldliness and nothing else!

Now, here are the annual Days/Festivals of God that are listed in the Word of God (as one would logically expect) that Christ and the True Saints Kept and still Keep Today:

PASSOVER
DAYS OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
PENTECOST (or called the FEAST OF WEEKS or FEAST OF FIRSTFRUITS)
FEAST OF TRUMPETS
DAY OF ATONEMENT
FEAST OF TABERNACLES
LAST GREAT DAY

This nation/world is up to its nose in pagan worship and won't even recognize the True Christ when He returns! They will even resist and try to fight the true Christ when He returns and many will learn the hard way that this is not some babe in the arms of His mother but a super powerful God-Being who will melt their eyes and tongues out and put an end to this false pagan worship and wicked self-serving governments we see on this earth.
You are not of God's Spirit because you have confessed yourself that you are not "born again" as that will not happen until the 1st resurrection. You have the outform of religion and Godliness but deny the Power of the resurrected Life for now. The fact is that Jesus is the first resurrection now and unless you are born again of the resurrection power now you will not see Life nor what you think is the 1st resurrection. Being without the Spirit, you can only but twist the Scriptures so that those who preach the truth are made manifest to the edification and salvation of many! You do not preach the Life of Christ. Darkness is all you preach.

For us who do celabrate Christmas it is to show love for a special reason to those He created in His image like our children even as He was a child at one time. It is written, "How can you say yo

Last edited by garya123; 12-12-2012 at 10:50 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 AM

Quote:
You are not of God's Spirit because you have confessed yourself that you are not "born again" as that will not happen until the 1st resurrection. You have the outform of religion and Godliness but deny the Power of the resurrected Life for now. The fact is that Jesus is the first resurrection now and unless you are born again of the resurrection power now you will not see Life nor what you think is the 1st resurrection. Being without the Spirit, you can only but twist the Scriptures so that those who preach the truth are made manifest to the edification and salvation of many! You do not preach the Life of Christ. Darkness is all you preach.

For us who do celabrate Christmas it is to show love for a special reason to those He created in His image like our children even as He was a child at one time. It is written, "How can you say yo
Somehow the rest of the message didn't post. It should read. "How can you say you love God whom you have not seen if you do not love those who you can see who are created in the image of God"

MT 2:11 "And when they [the wise men] were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh." This was the first Christmas after His birth not in the manger but in a house that Mary had moved to and it wasn't even His birthday! He was a "young child" at the time. Yet God the Father and the Holy Angels had a great time celebrating His birth with the wise men. God can choose any day to memorialize the Son's birth even as did the wise men and so can we.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Somehow the rest of the message didn't post. It should read. "How can you say you love God whom you have not seen if you do not love those who you can see who are created in the image of God"

MT 2:11 "And when they [the wise men] were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh." This was the first Christmas after His birth not in the manger but in a house that Mary had moved to and it wasn't even His birthday! He was a "young child" at the time. Yet God the Father and the Holy Angels had a great time celebrating His birth with the wise men. God can choose any day to memorialize the Son's birth even as did the wise men and so can we.
Again, your false religion betrays your false position that you are a true Christian. Christ warns you to keep the Commandments of God and avoid the commandments of men (Mark 7). You totally disregard His words and do your own thing and follow the pagan inspired church of the Beast and embrace the doctrines it teaches which they confess are commandments of men that they have come up with. They chastise the Protestants who claim they are following the Bible and point out that the church of the Beast made these changes by their ecclesiastical authority and that the changes were not based on the Scriptures. Your religion is Biblically bankrupt. You have accepted the Mark of the Beast--Sunday-worship, Christmas, Easter that all comes out of the Beast--the Roman Empire which were instituted without Biblical support and Christ said we are to live by every word of God and not by every word that comes out of men -- the church of the Beast!

And you are not born again in this life but merely begotten with God's Holy Spirit if you are a true Christian. Is there divine healing in your church? No. You do not have the faith OF Christ to have divine healing on a regular basis. You are just faking the Holy Spirit.

The organization that existed 30 years ago that I was a part of had divine healing and I have shown letters by members who were healed in the past that show they had received divine healing from God after being anointed or receiving anointed cloths from ministers who truly had God's Holy Spirit. You can't use flowery rhetoric and lack divine healing and deceive people into believing you are a true Christian. Divine healing or lack of it will prove your organization is true or a fake. I use that very test to expose the organizations that are splinter groups that have come of the organization that I was once part of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or