Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You can't answer it because you dare not admit that God loved and loves the world even while it remains missing the mark. The thought that God loved sinners at their worst disgusts you.

The thread is solely about God valuing and loving mankind, you have no faith in either of them unless all your man made clauses and formulas are adhered to first. God first loved you twin while YOU were dead in YOUR sin, go and show the same love to the world you were freely loved with.

God loves the sparrow regardless of the sacrifice of blood thirsty savages who thought they were appeasing a God who was afar off.
So... what now, deaf as well as blind?
Do I have to yell it?
"God so loved the world" ... is objective. In that context yes
"dead in your sin" ... is subjective. In that context no.
Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. Ephesians 2:3
And without faith it is impossible to please God
, Hebrews 11:6
-------------------------------
Even in your contempt of the truth you can't get the story correct.
Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny ?

Luke 12:6

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies ?
Not only were sparrows used that God established for the poor to offer a sacrifice for their sin, one got more for two pennies. See how loving God was, ... and all you can say "blood thirsty savages for a savage God ".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 05:03 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
I am not steering it anywhere, you are doing your damn best to steer this thread towards what you feel are the consequences of rejecting the love of God. This thread is not about what YOU believe happens to the unbeliever it's about the Love of God, and you will not humble yourself and acknowledge that God Loved you while you were at your worst and loves you at your worst.

hmmmmm

What's the word for someone who boasts about " love" yet curses, calls people ,who out of obedience and trust in God promise to forgive, followed God's command to bring sacrifices for a sin offering (which is why the sparrows were sold) "blood thirsty savages", claiming God is "savage" and "far off" and then has the gall to speak about humility?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
So... what now, deaf as well as blind?
Do I have to yell it?
"God so loved the world" ... is objective. In that context yes
"dead in your sin" ... is subjective. In that context no.
Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. Ephesians 2:3
And without faith it is impossible to please God
, Hebrews 11:6
-------------------------------
Even in your contempt of the truth you can't get the story correct.
Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny ?

Luke 12:6

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies ?
Not only were sparrows used that God established for the poor to offer a sacrifice for their sin, one got more for two pennies. See how loving God was, ... and all you can say "blood thirsty savages for a savage God ".
Romans 5: 8 But God demonstrates HIS OWN LOVE for us in this>>>>>>> While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. What more could he have done to demonstrate how valued even the worst of us are ?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
hmmmmm

What's the word for someone who boasts about " love" yet curses, calls people ,who out of obedience and trust in God promise to forgive, followed God's command to bring sacrifices for a sin offering (which is why the sparrows were sold) "blood thirsty savages", claiming God is "savage" and "far off" and then has the gall to speak about humility?
No the god you believe in is a savage schizophrenic.What you are failing to see is although the sparrows were slaughtered for sacrifice, each one of them was highly valued by God, and you in your thirst for vengeance upon those you look own upon as sinners,believe the sparrow is of more value than those created in the image of God who just like you,when YOU were dead in sin failed to hit the mark. Go show the people the same love,grace and mercy you were freely shown, but conveniently have forgotten.

And Jesus never had a good word to say to those who imposed tradition, condition and doctrines of men upon those who were in the greatest need of His love, grace and mercy. If you are being offended because I don't like your religion, your religion ain't working for you.

Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-14-2012 at 05:47 PM..

Old 12-14-2012, 05:20 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
I 1 John 2: 1-5.....`` I write to you, that you sin not...And if any man sin , we have an advocate with the Father...And He is the propitiation for our sins and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world......We do know that , if we keep his commandments ...But who ever keeps His Word in him very truly is the love of God perfected; so know we that we are in him...``.... See the love of God is proof in those who know God and keep his commands , as God will cleans us from all unrighteousness ``... Still many people get stuck in hopeless confession , where knowing Jesus is like a million miles away ... But Jesus is right there waiting for us as in Revelations 3: 20 Jesus said ``Look I stand at the door and knock, of any man hears my voice , and opens the door , I will come in to him , and will sup with him , and he with me ...``

Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
God loves the sparrows

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. The value of the sparrow here is not very much in either the eye of the seller or buyer, yet not one of them is forgotten by God

Are you not much more valuable than they?. You've got to ask yourself one question, do you feel loved?,well do ya? . ( Harry Callahan)

Quit seeing yourself as nothing more than a worm or beast, and transform your life by the value God as priced you at, or at least see yourself as a sparrow

Luke 12:7-8

Said the robin to the sparrow,
"I would really like to know
Why those anxious human beings
rush around and worry so."

Said the sparrow to the robin,
"Friend, I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
such as cares for you and me."

Spiritual Life -- Why the Rush?
I don't know how I missed the link at the bottom to the devotional before now.

"From that point on, I was changed forever. I was no longer trying to wing it alone in my frantic-driven world of self- reliance."

This ^^^ sums it up for me. The inward change is radical when you are no longer just saying the words but actually experience the truth that you are valued by God. The outward change, in my experience, is more gradual, so being reminded of and built up in that knowledge is vitally important. That is why I especially appreciate when someone takes a break from the other discussions in this forum to post something like this. Thanks Paul.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
What's the word for someone who boasts about " love" yet curses, calls people who out of obedience and trust in God promise to forgive, followed God's command to bring sacrifices for a sin offering (which is why the sparrows were sold) "blood thirsty savages", claiming God is "savage" and "far off" and then has the gall to speak about humility?
The Sacrificial System was in error:
For I desire Mercy, not Sacrifice.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:11 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe your implication is in error. Scripture is replete with God's requirement of sacrifice. What was missing oftentimes was genuine love for God.

“These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.” Mark 7:6

Old 12-17-2012, 07:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I believe your implication is in error. Scripture is replete with God's requirement of sacrifice. What was missing oftentimes was genuine love for God.

“These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.” Mark 7:6
You mean mans' requirement for sacrificing, even the innocent.
Although I do agree with the lip service, which lacks that of love.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
God loves the sparrows

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. The value of the sparrow here is not very much in either the eye of the seller or buyer, yet not one of them is forgotten by God

Are you not much more valuable than they?. You've got to ask yourself one question, do you feel loved?,well do ya? . ( Harry Callahan)

Quit seeing yourself as nothing more than a worm or beast, and transform your life by the value God as priced you at, or at least see yourself as a sparrow

Luke 12:7-8

Said the robin to the sparrow,
"I would really like to know
Why those anxious human beings
rush around and worry so."

Said the sparrow to the robin,
"Friend, I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
such as cares for you and me."

Spiritual Life -- Why the Rush?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
O M G.... I can't believe this. Two Blessings in the same morning!!

Do my eyes deceive me......... a positive and up-lifting post using Bible quotes?!?

OK....Who let you in Here?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't know how I missed the link at the bottom to the devotional before now.

"From that point on, I was changed forever. I was no longer trying to wing it alone in my frantic-driven world of self- reliance."

This ^^^ sums it up for me. The inward change is radical when you are no longer just saying the words but actually experience the truth that you are valued by God. The outward change, in my experience, is more gradual, so being reminded of and built up in that knowledge is vitally important. That is why I especially appreciate when someone takes a break from the other discussions in this forum to post something like this. Thanks Paul.
Amen . . . but pcamps is valiantly witnessing to deaf ears, I am afraid. I can't rep either of you . . . so like Glad2bHere this will have to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity