U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-15-2012, 10:57 AM
 
1,321 posts, read 1,006,163 times
Reputation: 241

Advertisements

They are on this board trying to take your attention away from what really matters and that is Jesus Christ.

BEWARE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2012, 12:21 PM
 
37,553 posts, read 25,268,086 times
Reputation: 5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
They are on this board trying to take your attention away from what really matters and that is Jesus Christ.
BEWARE
True. But be sure that you recognize who is focused on Christ and who is focused on a corrupted merger of Christ with our savage ancestors' version of God as a vengeful, wrathful, jealous punisher who must be appeased by blood sacrifice. Those are the wolves in sheep's clothing. Christ smote no one despite scourging and crucifixion because He loved us all. His message of love is what really matters and following His commands to "love God and each other" are how we pay attention to Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 12:30 PM
 
1,321 posts, read 1,006,163 times
Reputation: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
True. But be sure that you recognize who is focused on Christ and who is focused on a corrupted merger of Christ with our savage ancestors' version of God as a vengeful, wrathful, jealous punisher who must be appeased by blood sacrifice. Those are the wolves in sheep's clothing. Christ smote no one despite scourging and crucifixion because He loved us all. His message of love is what really matters and following His commands to "love God and each other" are how we pay attention to Christ.
In regards to the OT do you believe the 5th commandment was directly from God or mans command?

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Florida
725 posts, read 1,323,685 times
Reputation: 1146
Why do you Christians have the OT in your bibles?

Why have you embraced the myths of the gods and heroes of the Jews?
Why have you turned away from your ancestral heritage?
Why do you thing the Jew's story is right and your own wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,120,866 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
In regards to the OT do you believe the 5th commandment was directly from God or mans command?

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
There's another one of those contradictory verses from a God that is portrayed as contradictory by the men who wrote about him...God said later on that the one who sins will be the one who is punished. So what do we believe???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:49 PM
 
28,906 posts, read 45,254,652 times
Reputation: 45820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
They are on this board trying to take your attention away from what really matters and that is Jesus Christ.

BEWARE
In other words, anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you on all theological matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:50 PM
 
1,512 posts, read 1,527,668 times
Reputation: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
They are on this board trying to take your attention away from what really matters and that is Jesus Christ.

BEWARE
Why are you being coy? Argue your point against the post to which you're alluding. This call to superstition isn't productive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 04:29 PM
 
37,553 posts, read 25,268,086 times
Reputation: 5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
True. But be sure that you recognize who is focused on Christ and who is focused on a corrupted merger of Christ with our savage ancestors' version of God as a vengeful, wrathful, jealous punisher who must be appeased by blood sacrifice. Those are the wolves in sheep's clothing. Christ smote no one despite scourging and crucifixion because He loved us all. His message of love is what really matters and following His commands to "love God and each other" are how we pay attention to Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
In regards to the OT do you believe the 5th commandment was directly from God or mans command?
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
The OT was carnally interpreted by ignorant, superstitious savages under a fear of a vengeful, wrathful God who required blood sacrifices to appease Him. They used their only reference for motivations . . . human leaders and their weaknesses . . . to assign motives to their God. But our God has no such human weaknesses or motives. Our savage ancestors were incapable of understanding anything else . . . that is why the OT was their "schoolmaster" and fear was only the beginning of wisdom . . . not the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 05:04 PM
 
7,868 posts, read 6,675,483 times
Reputation: 1371
Yes you should love your neighbor and your enemies .... Sure there may be so-called wolves in sheep clothing around giving rise to antichrist, and the false prophet in their lives ..... So if they do not have control over your spiritual development , it is best to let it go and give it to the Lord to judge........ I remember about ten years ago my Pastor just started to be the lead Pastor of my church , but he had a pride problem ..... Then one meeting the former Pastor came a prayed for the passion of the New Pastor which was ` to be a Shepherd Pastor and be anointed to Know who the wolves in the church to take care of these people once and for all......which goes against the character of Holy Spirit who will not condemn any one or give gifts to do that....... BUT I believe they were deceived as Just like Judas satan entered the New Pastor , that very week the pastor got extremely sick with cancer , where he then lost his weight and died two months later .... So it is best to obey the commandments of love your neighbor and your enemies and let it go if you get into ought ,...As Christians and Christians in ministry need to stick to the Lord , and know His character , as Jesus will keep sickness away or very temporary if faith is full....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 05:23 PM
 
1,512 posts, read 1,527,668 times
Reputation: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The OT was carnally interpreted by ignorant, superstitious savages under a fear of a vengeful, wrathful God who required blood sacrifices to appease Him. They used their only reference for motivations . . . human leaders and their weaknesses . . . to assign motives to their God. But our God has no such human weaknesses or motives. Our savage ancestors were incapable of understanding anything else . . . that is why the OT was their "schoolmaster" and fear was only the beginning of wisdom . . . not the end.
But we still must reasonably apply his words, and humans and their weaknesses continue to be a problem in application. Therefore, your argument is erroneous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top