Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 10:15 AM

473 posts, read 821,823 times

Advertisements

8th Commandment--Thou shall not steal.
We think that stealing is when someone takes something from us that's ours. God says that ALL things belong to Him and if someone takes something from you to not get angry about it and leave that person for Him to deal with. He says that if they ask to give them even your coat.
ALL things belong to God and He's teaching us that love is more important than stuff. I don't CARE if we worked for a year to buy that thing. We need to stop placing so much importance on junk--then if it disappears we could care less.
If we throw a hissy fit over some lost junk then we have dishonoured how He taught us and the way He expects us to be. We are then breaking the 8th Commandment OURSELVES and stealing from Him--for we are not giving back with actions from the words and ways of His teachings. In this we have become the thief that we are pointing to. We need to start putting things into perspective and see that ALL are sinners and fall WAY short of the glory of God. A man rich in the ways/sins of the world won't make it into heaven--a man rich in the ways of God has found Him.
Yeshua Bless You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 04:49 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
At my job is the only time someone may have the opportunity to take a tool or something and never return it .. So I look around for the item , and then pray for the person who took it , through the authority of Jesus Blood judgment...... Like ``Father I command that the tool missing be returned in Jesus name ... And I command that the person who took the tool may never steal again through out their lives and plead the blood of Jesus on this loss in Jesus name ``.... Then I let it go and go back to other things .....Many time but not alway the Lord takes my body and walks right over to the spot where the item is a picks it up Glory to God .... Other times the item is never found as it is not in the building where I work and I never hear about it again .... See Love of the Lord will take care of the things in people lives as His blessing , as believers need to ask themselves, ```Jesus wants to do that , Ask Him ...```..Instead of condemning people , or complaining about people which goes against the Word of God

Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Instead of condemning people , or complaining about people which goes against the Word of God
That is interestig, I think it is in Torah or maybe the Talmud, that it is said that you should not speak about anyone, especially behind their backs, whether what you state is Truth or a false, whether it is a good report or a bad report...And this stems from the commandment not to bear false wittness against your neighbor...Even if it is something good that you are saying about your neighbor, it may be a false statement of good, for we know not the hearts of our fellows, only HaShem does...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity