Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 12:31 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It was LOVE that God planned for Jesus, without sin, to die on the cross at the hands of men - so that mankind may be saved.

The bold above is also true. It was love by both parties.

Most would agree with you, however Jesus tells us a different story. If God preplanned Jesus death of the cross by the hands of evil men why does Jesus tell us otherwise in this parable.

33Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: 34And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. 35And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. 36Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. 37But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 38But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 39And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. 40When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 01:51 PM

215 posts, read 545,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Most would agree with you, however Jesus tells us a different story. If God preplanned Jesus death of the cross by the hands of evil men why does Jesus tell us otherwise in this parable.

33Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: 34And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. 35And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. 36Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. 37But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 38But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 39And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. 40When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
Jesus said it was a parable. He always tells the Truth. He did not say it was the Truth but a parable (or example).

Old 12-22-2012, 02:10 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,417 times
There's just no room for mental illness in a world of freewill.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcamp View Post
Jesus said it was a parable. He always tells the Truth. He did not say it was the Truth but a parable (or example).
That like saying there is no truth in a parable.

Tell me DL was all God prophets not really beaten and killed? did this not realy happen to them?

So why when the parable speaks of Jesus do you think it is all of a sudden different?

A parable is something set side by side in order to bring to light that which was hidden.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:24 AM

215 posts, read 545,106 times
Quote:
That like saying there is no truth in a parable.

Tell me DL was all God prophets not really beaten and killed? did this not realy happen to them?

So why when the parable speaks of Jesus do you think it is all of a sudden different?

A parable is something set side by side in order to bring to light that which was hidden.

So, what's your answer to your question:

"Most would agree with you, however Jesus tells us a different story. If God preplanned Jesus death of the cross by the hands of evil men why does Jesus tell us otherwise in this parable."

The Bible does teach us that "God preplanned Jesus death of the cross by the hands of evil men".

From Herod to Pilot to the Roman soldiers to the onlookers who cried out, "Crucify Him, Crucify Him".

Old 12-23-2012, 04:26 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
[/font]
You cannot reason with unreasoning credulity, pneuma . . . there is no there there. Thinking is not allowed. Believing and defending ingrained dogma as an expression of Faith is the only acceptable response.
Quote:
I know brother, but just because we cannot reach the one we are talking to does not mean we are not reaching those who read.

It is hard breaking down the doctrines of man, but not impossible
I admire your tenacity, brother.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:02 AM

A good scripture that shows God has nothing to do with the evils of men.

And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Those who believe these things are subject to God really need to look closely at those scriptures.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
The only thing I learned from Newtown is that A) We need fire arm protection in schools. If this had been the 1950s and 60s, they would have shot Adam Lanza dead on sight. There were ZERO school shootings back then.

B) America is a country of hypocrites. Earlier in the year, Americans paid cash to sit at a theater and watch children killing children in one of the top grossing films of the year Hunger Games. Now they are shocked when they see it happening in real life.

C) Celebrities are full of the BS I always thought they were. I saw a video last night with all the big names calling for gun control in this country. Couldn't even finish it because it was such hypocritical crap. They have all starred in or been affiliated with films or tv shows that promote gun violence, gang-banging, and bloody murders.

And D) if America wants to stop the school shooting and murders of children, they can start with abortion on down to getting God back in public schools.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:38 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
- My advice, from experience, and this is the last I will say of it.

If you have children? And you know a aspergers person in a family?

NEVER-EVER let your child be around a aspergers person without you!!!!

When all this happened?

The mother of her aspergers son that I know?

Went on FB saying her son is not like that! He is so sweet!!

When just a few years before she told me herself he tired to kill them all with a knife!

Their little girl is scared to death of him!!! He hurts animals!! But LOves Bugs!
Lets household spiders crawl all over him!!

She is lying!!!

So I'm telling you.
You will not be able to trust the parents of aspergers people either!

Your Life, Or The Life 0f Your Family Members May Depend On This Advice!

Old 12-24-2012, 09:04 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The only thing I learned from Newtown is that A) We need fire arm protection in schools. If this had been the 1950s and 60s, they would have shot Adam Lanza dead on sight. There were ZERO school shootings back then.

B) America is a country of hypocrites. Earlier in the year, Americans paid cash to sit at a theater and watch children killing children in one of the top grossing films of the year Hunger Games. Now they are shocked when they see it happening in real life.

C) Celebrities are full of the BS I always thought they were. I saw a video last night with all the big names calling for gun control in this country. Couldn't even finish it because it was such hypocritical crap. They have all starred in or been affiliated with films or tv shows that promote gun violence, gang-banging, and bloody murders.

And D) if America wants to stop the school shooting and murders of children, they can start with abortion on down to getting God back in public schools.
There is something to be said about this...
[a] a violent person who discharges a gun is stopped in one of two ways:
  1. runs out of ammo \ a malfunction
  2. is neutralized by equal or greater force inflected upon him\herself
[b-c] if society views violence, hate and death as entertainment and are so calloused to it, why is it surprising that people are then shocked and dumb founded when fiction becomes reality?

Ever heard of the Roman and Mayan civilizations ?

[d] if America wants to stop the school shooting and murders of children, they can start with...
  • with stop being afraid of saying "NO" in fear it might hurt someone's self esteem
  • re-establish certain absolutes of what is right from wrong.
  • stop making excuses for deviant behavior.

Last edited by twin.spin; 12-24-2012 at 09:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity