Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,090 times

Advertisements

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7

What day is that?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 02:57 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7

What day is that?

Matthew 25:31- - 31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:31 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
The believers who will say that will be people who lost their faith , and turned away and never repented of the iniquity which cursed their lives ...... As these people may have known Jesus in their beginnings , but their love wax cold and accepted the curses of iniquity were faith became stalled .... See Jesus will say to these people of their judgment seat of the Lord Jesus after they pass on , and again at the great judgment on the end of time ..... See Jesus does not know people who have no faith....

Old 12-19-2012, 04:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The believers who will say that will be people who lost their faith , and turned away and never repented of the iniquity which cursed their lives ...... As these people may have known Jesus in their beginnings , but their love wax cold and accepted the curses of iniquity were faith became stalled .... See Jesus will say to these people of their judgment seat of the Lord Jesus after they pass on , and again at the great judgment on the end of time ..... See Jesus does not know people who have no faith....
Actually, Jesus is referring to people who put on a public display of religious superiority, claiming how virtuous they are, how many people that chastised for their sins, and how much devotion they hold to the Bible, and yet show no compassion, love, or understanding for their fellow man.

Jesus condemned the conservative religious people of his day more than any other.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:04 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,619 times
~ "Many will say to Me IN THAT Day Lord, Lord...

then I will declare To Them I Never Knew Them" - Matt.7:22,23

~ "And while the foolish virgins went to buy,
The Bridegroom came and the wise virgins who were ready
went in with Him to The Wedding and the door was shut.

Afterward the foolish virgins came also saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
But He answered To Them I Do Not Know You." - Matt.25:10-12

Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Last day, judgment day.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 AM

152 posts, read 142,774 times
Time is always now. it was now when it was then.

We wait for some worldly event... but when we simply see beauty in the flowers, we are not afraid to give our last dollar to someone in need, to give a plate of food to someone hungry..

This is the language that speaks, wordless but in speaks loud and clear.

we miss the point of what jesus or any other prophet came to preach.. Life..Is ..Right ..Here..always.. everything is right here right now. Give thanks and treat your "neighbour" as u would treat yourself... without fear of lack tomorrow.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM. View Post

We wait for some worldly event... but when we simply see beauty in the flowers, we are not afraid to give our last dollar to someone in need, to give a plate of food to someone hungry..

we miss the point of what jesus or any other prophet came to preach.. Life..Is ..Right ..Here..always.. everything is right here right now. Give thanks and treat your "neighbour" as u would treat yourself... without fear of lack tomorrow.

The kingdom is here, the kingdom is now. This is the day that the Lord hath made. Now is the day of salvation.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:19 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM. View Post

Yeah love birds fly around butterflies in lilly fields but the question was, what day is that?

Old 12-21-2012, 11:47 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Prairieparson is exactly correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity