Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 06:35 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,312,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Jesus, as king of God's kingdom,I think will undo all the harm brought upon earth and its peoples.
Those ruining earth will be brought to ruin.- Rev. 11 v 18 B
Won't even deserts blossom as the Rose and from parched ground fresh water will flow, and
the weak, blind, deaf and lame will be permanently healed according to Isaiah chapter 35 ?
According to Isaiah chapter 11, doesn't it say that even a wild animal will not harm even little children ?
Chapter 64 mentions how each will have their own house and vineyard besides the wolf and lamb feeding together.
I think both Isaiah [ 2 v 4 ] and Micah [ 4 vs 3,4 ] mention earth's nations Not learning war anymore.
And isn't Revelation [ 21 vs 4,5 ] a miniature description of the original conditions that existed in the Garden of Eden because there it states even 'death' will be no more. Enemy 'death' will be brought to nothing.- 1st Cor. 15 v 26.
So, whether in heaven, or on a peaceful paradisaic earth, it will be the best under God's kingdom.
When we look at what is ahead for those who go into the kingdom of heaven - no pain, no sorrow, perfect untity among those who are filled with the Holy Spirit at our time of death - why would anyone in his or her right mind refuse to open our hearts to let that Spirit come in to direct our thoughts and our actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 06:50 AM

10,020 posts, read 4,953,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
When we look at what is ahead for those who go into the kingdom of heaven - no pain, no sorrow, perfect untity among those who are filled with the Holy Spirit at our time of death - why would anyone in his or her right mind refuse to open our hearts to let that Spirit come in to direct our thoughts and our actions.
Those going to heaven [ Rev. 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10 ] have a first or earlier resurrection. [Acts 24 v 15 ]

'God's kingdom of a thousand years' does not reign over heaven, but reigns over earth.

The 'no pain, no sorrow, etc.' of Revelation 21 vs 4,5 is a miniature description of the paradisaic conditions that existed on Earth before Adam's sin and will exist again during Jesus' 1000-year reign over Earth. -Psalm 72 vs 8, 12-14

Old 03-26-2013, 06:54 PM

104 posts, read 104,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Read this book. It will change your life.

Revealing Heaven

SPOILER ALERT: Just to give you a synopsis of what's in the book. Not only do we have jobs and assignments in Heaven, but they are all based upon what we most love and the gifts and talents we have been given will be used in Heaven for God's glory. And also, Heaven is FILLED with activity. The author of this book says that everything on Earth is simply a shadow of what is in Heaven. Heaven has parks, museums, restaurants, hotels, mansions, theme parks (yes roller coasters you heard right!) and much much more. Don't ask me. Just read the book. I have been trying to get everyone I know to read it. It will change your life and your perception of Heaven, the father, and life itself around you.
The issue with channeled works, is the extent to which these are altered by very firm beliefs of the receiver. It is a VERY rare person who does not have any firm beliefs. This alteration of perception to fit one's prevailing viewpoint, is not just true of "audible" communication, but applies to so called NDE's and visions. How then can you have any hope of discerning "truth"? Only by the means that Jesus recommended, which is to be like little children. But of course we don't.

What do I see wrong with this book? Well I did not read it very closely, but the issue of your "station" being fixed on death is not only an affront to logic, and to the notion of love, but it actually contradicts a passage in the New Testament much beloved of orthodox Christians, who don't stop to study it closely.

Quote:
Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
Now the orthodox spend a lot of time on the second part of this, and they don't understand that part either. But lets look at the first part:

Quote:
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven
There is no other interpretation that can be made of this, except that the die is NOT cast on death, that hell is not eternal, and that the purpose of life after death is eternal progression.

And yes I have written a book on this subject myself, and its commercially available in print and in Kindle ebook, but my understanding is that these forums frown on my linking it for you. So you will have to PM me, if you are interested.

Geoff

Old 03-27-2013, 03:45 AM

104 posts, read 104,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by July 8th View Post
I know one job that will end when we get to heaven. Bible Corrector. So many on this forum need to learn a new hobby now before it's too late.
If by that you are suggesting argument will cease, you are far from correct, there are far more arguments, and far more intense. But you always have the choice of removing yourself.

There is in fact more confusion after death than here.

take care,
Geoff

Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,486 times
i cant wait to judge the angels.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:38 PM

172 posts, read 251,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Ms Blue!! shock Are you saying you don't like moderating us??? lol

I put in my request to oversee a wildlife preserve with elephants, lions, giraffes, zebras, etc. I may have to start with the smaller domesticated animals but I will have a lot more patience then. lol

I personally think guardian angels are reserved for those spirits who were created before humans but if that's what someone wants to imagine, well, that's what imagination is for. We all have our picture of what lies beyond this veil.

My prayer is for the OP to live well beyond the 6 months and enjoy every minute. I like the advice to forgive completely. My mother died of cancer and she had a lot of bitterness in her life at one time. Many factors play a part tho, including diet, exercise, heredity.

Be blessed and be a blessing to the best of our ability in the here and now. Be at peace in the Lord even when the storm is raging and the waves are rolling over the edge of the boat. Now, if I can just take my own advice......lol
St. Therese, the Little Flower, said before she died that she'd spend her Heaven doing good on Earth. So it does sound like we can be assigned work to do if we want. Me, I want to be caretaker of the bunnies

Cheapsk8, you & your family are most definitely in my prayers also.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 AM

If we have our names written on the Lamb's Book of Life, we must have a mind to be obedient to our Lord and Savior. Heb. 5:[8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Old 04-04-2013, 08:33 AM

10,020 posts, read 4,953,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
If we have our names written on the Lamb's Book of Life, we must have a mind to be obedient to our Lord and Savior. Heb. 5:[8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Apparently Not only 'if' written, but 'if' Not ending up 'blotted out' of the book of life.- Rev. 3 v 5; Exodus 32 vs 32,33
That would indicate as to the reason the 'crown of life' is not given until the time of faithful death. - Rev. 2 v 10 B.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:13 PM

Matthew 4:4
I certainly agree that we must be faithful until death to receive that crown of lfe. Heb 10:36 says "Ye have need of patience that, after ye have done the will of God,ye might receive the promise.". Alistair Begg says we must persevere, that salvation is not a forever thing if we do not hold out to the end.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:22 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i cant wait to judge the angels.
I don't believe Paul meant we shall judge the Holy Angels because they are perfect but rather the fallen Angels. In fact when one is matured in Christ and he has discernment of spirits, then that person judges the unholy Angels in this life as in what Jesus said, "Get behind Me Satan because you do not love the things of God but rather the things of man."

LK 10:19-20 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

And also.

LK 10:20 "Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."

This is not a game to rejoice in but rather to rejoice that our own names are written in Heaven and also when God gives us a mission to lead a soul/s to Christ, there is much rejoicing in a work well done; rejoicing both in Heaven and on the Earth. It is annoying when I come up against evil spirits but I sure do rejoice in Heavenly things and especially when I through Christ bring someone closer to God or when I am used to reap them into the Kingdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity