Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 03:25 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,840 times

Advertisements

Nothing short of all the bible makes up Christianity teaching---2 Timothy 3:16.

Nothing short of 100% bible believers make up the body of Christ---John 8:31.

Nothing short of absolute truth makes up Christianity to practice---2 Peter 1:20-21.

Nothing short of the wisdom of God makes up Christianity to learn----Acts 17:28.

Nothing in the wisdom of man can make you a Christian enough----Jeremiah 10:23.

Nothing in the wisdom of man is the Holy Spirit talking----1 John 2:27.

Natural wisdom is not the Holy Spirit----Isaiah 64:6.

Spiritual wisdom is the Holy Spirit----John 6:63.

The Holy Spirit don't divide saints with any bible theology----2 Peter 1:20-21.

The Holy Spirit is the mind of God not the opinion of any man preaching---2 Peter 1:20-21.

The faith of Jesus Christ doesn't have many faith groups of Christians---Ephesians 4:5.

The only faith of Jesus Christ group is made up of 100% bible believers only---Ephesians 4:5.

No such thing as a child of God a 90% bible believer----John 8:31.

No such thing as a 100% bible believer that's a legalist too much----2 Timothy 3:16.

Just some 90% bible believers mock 10% of the bible---John 8:32.

Just some 90% bible believers teach too strict----John 8:32.

Prayers are not in vain to get 100% bible believers together---Matthew 5:6.

The oneness of 100% bible believers together is not a crazy useless idea---John 17:21.

The unity of 100% bible believers together is not a crazy useless idea---Psalms 133:1.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches with water baptism
pools---John 3:5.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching against
jewelry and costly array today---1 Peter 3:3.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching on repentance to
get grace---Romans 6:1.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching against naming and
claiming everything---1 Timothy 6 and John 17:9 and Luke 3:14 and Luke 12:15 and
Romans 12:3 and 2 Cor. 6.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching for people to correct
people with the bible if the shoe fits----James 5:20.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that 100% bible
believers are Christians only----John 8:31.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching against marrying all kind of divorced people today---Romans 7:2-3.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that supporting everybody in ministry is not Christianity----Galations 1:8-9.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching segregation from any 90%
bible believers together---2 Cor. 6:14-17.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that absolute truth is in all the bible no matter what the bible topic or verse is---2 Peter 1:20-21.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching for women to give up pastoring and preaching in the church and be silent---1 Cor. 14:34-35 and 1 Timothy 2:9-14.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that if any book is trying to replace the bible teaching it's not of the Holy Spirit---1 John 2:27.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that if any intellectual has prophecy and science wit contrary to the bible it's not the Holy Spirit talking---Colossians 2:8.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that you have to know 100% bible believers in order to form the body of Christ---1 Thess. 5:12.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that you can study your way into having biblical revelation of God with any bible topic or verse like anybody else--2 Tim. 2:15 and
1 John 2:27.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching against saints at restaurants with
alcohol bars---1 Peter 4:1-4.

We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that rest on the Sabbath or Saturday is for every saint going to heaven---Hebrews 4.

The noble goal is the same; attracting 100% bible believers together only---Psalms 133:1.

Anything else is a waste of time here---John 8:32.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 03:32 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
So the answer to your question and the point you're trying to make is "No"?

Old 12-27-2012, 04:38 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So the answer to your question and the point you're trying to make is "No"?
You do better than I with T3's lists. I can rarely find either the question or the point, but, I commend the consistency of his efforts.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
You do better than I with T3's lists. I can rarely find either the question or the point, but, I commend the consistency of his efforts.
I am surprised I got as far as I did with this one, to be honest.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
Nothing short of 100% bible believers make up the body of Christ---John 8:31.
No such thing as a child of God a 90% bible believer----John 8:31.
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that 100% bible
believers are Christians only----John 8:31.
"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed." -John 8:31
Hi Tony,
I'm not sure which scripture version you are using, but I have quoted them in the King James version.
I think it is important to consider the symbolic meaning of scriptures, given the fact that letters and words are symbols and since "without a parable spake he (Jesus) not unto them."
The word, "Word" in the scriptures, does not mean Elizabethian English, nor does it mean Arabic, Hebrew or Greek.
From what I've gathered both by reading scriptures & based on experience is that word is better defined as, faith or spirit of Christ (which represents light & truth)

"word is very nigh unto thee"
"My word shall not pass away"
"The word was with God, & the Word was God"
"Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us"
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you."

"They are the word of Christ"
"Word which healeth the wounded soul"
"their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word"
"not harden his heart, to him is given the greater portion of the word"
"compare the word unto a seed"
"my word shall not pass away"
Quote:
Just some 90% bible believers mock 10% of the bible---John 8:32.
Just some 90% bible believers teach too strict----John 8:32.
"And ye shall know the truth, & the truth shall make you free." -John 8:32
Constantly making the effor to know truth is a challenging commandment - but it will make us free.

Truth is in perspective. It may be true that you are cold & I am hot, even though we are both in the same room with the same temperature. Generally, the more perspectives, the more truthful.
The word, intelligence is a mix of "choose" and "between." When we are more aware of the many perspectives of truth, we can choose that which is most healthy & productive (godly).
Quote:
Nothing short of absolute truth makes up Christianity to practice---2 Peter 1:20-21.
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." -2 Peter 1:20-21
I don't believe this scripture, because it contradicts Jesus' teaching.
God gave us brains to use, along with spiritual guidance.
If we cannot "privately interpret" scriptures - then Jesus was wrong in saying, "The kingdom of God is within you." But my experience of God IS WITHIN ME - so I take Jesus' side over whatever other imperfect human being wrote 2 Peter 1:20-21.
Quote:
Spiritual wisdom is the Holy Spirit----John 6:63.
"It is the spirit that quickeneth (to make alive); the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, & they are life." -John 6:63
Words are good - but they are merely symbols, or pointers to something beyond... and what is most important - most motivating & most creative (in giving life/energy) is spirit!
The spirit of the law is utmostly more important than the "letter of the law."
"For the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." -2 Cor 2:6
Quote:
The faith of Jesus Christ doesn't have many faith groups of Christians---Ephesians 4:5.
The only faith of Jesus Christ group is made up of 100% bible believers only---Ephesians 4:5.
"One Lord, one faith, one baptism... (verse 7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ." -Ephesians 4:5,7
Just as our intellectual educational level varies, so does our spiritual education, so there are different schools/churches/religions.
I go to church every Sunday, but to me it is more for a sense of community. My spiritual education is very personal - within, as Jesus taught. Still, at one time, I needed to rely on group thought more - as a child leans on parents to learn... but gradually, I am "putting off childish things." (1 Cor 13:11)
Quote:
Prayers are not in vain to get 100% bible believers together---Matthew 5:6.
"Blessed are they which do hunger & thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." -Matt 5:6
There are many ways to hunger & thirst after righteousness, & I never heard of Jesus spending his entire days reading scripture, but most scriptures depict him of actively living the gospel - by loving others as himself.
Quote:
The oneness of 100% bible believers together is not a crazy useless idea---John 17:21.
"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, & I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me." -John 17:21
God is a creative, universal energy (love) that is in us all!
Such energies may not be scientifically observable, nevertheless, the evidence of the influence is as undeniable as our own live bodies.
Quote:
The unity of 100% bible believers together is not a crazy useless idea---Psalms 133:1.
"Behold, how good & how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" -Psalms 133:1
Although complete, meshing belonging to any group entails some loss of individuality & godly intelligence... Still, to join in godly pursuits, there is a sense that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts!
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches with water baptism
pools---John 3:5.
Ooh! I love this one...
"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water & of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." -John 3:5
Tony,
I used to think this meant baptism too... that's what we're taught traditionally.
But think about your experience/feeling with God...
Baptism is a beautiful symbol - & I respect it as such, I'm even going to one tomorrow.
Yet, I know a deeper meaning of that scripture...
Many very good people are not baptized, Tony, yet, God loves & accepts them, not whether or not they went under water after somebody said some words... but if they learned to love others as themselves.

Born of water... we are ALL born of water - from our mother's amniotic fluid!
The spirit is born to us when we resonate with God - that is the kingdom (realm/experience) of God within us. (Luke 17:21)
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching against
jewelry and costly array today---1 Peter 3:3.
God doesn't look on outward appearances, but looks on the heart, as we should. (1 Sam 16:7)
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching on repentance to
get grace---Romans 6:1.
"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"-Romans 6:1-2

Common sense is that we will sin until our dying day.
Yet, when we learn better, why would we continue to do something we know to make ourselves & others miserable?
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching against naming and
claiming everything---1 Timothy 6 and John 17:9 and Luke 3:14 and Luke 12:15 and
Romans 12:3 and 2 Cor. 6.
"Take heed, & beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." -Luke 12:15
Things are temporary, and often only a tool used in attempt to fill a void meant to be filled by God/spirit/truth.
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." -Matt 6:21

Paul Tillich explained that God is one's "ultimate concern" - that which is worshipped or prioritized.
Ironically, it is possible to have atheism as one's God.
It is also possible to place scripture as another god before God.
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching for people to correct
people with the bible if the shoe fits----James 5:20.
"He which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, & shall hide a multitude of sins." -James 5:20
Each of us are not islands, but influence & are influenced by many.
Sin, in essence is incorrect thoughts & related emotions & actions.
Sin is not evil in itself, since we are created to be "works in progress" - imperfect.
Evil is the denial of one's imperfect & attempt to make others pay instead of taking responsibility.
When one who is sinful, but trying to do good, realizes his/her incorrect thoughts... & corrects them - it can set in motion a "multitude" of corrections... from one's physiology (ie placebo effect) to loving others with compassionate and true understanding.
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching against marrying all kind of divorced people today---Romans 7:2-3.
Generally, I think couples should try to make marriage work - that is what this is saying, I think.
However, if a marriage involves damaging abuse, adultery or addiction which makes one or both partners miserable, it may be the most loving & godly thing to divorce. "Man is not meant to be alone" - so remarrying in the previously mentioned cases, hopefully, after having learned from the previous marriage, would be godly, IMO.
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that supporting everybody in ministry is not Christianity----Galations 1:8-9.
Who is to say what true "Christianity" is?
Is any of us "all-knowing"? No!
Besides, as Christ said, "The kingdom (experience) of God cometh not with observation... the kingdom of God is within you." -Luke 17:21
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching segregation from any 90%
bible believers together---2 Cor. 6:14-17.
Like many aspects of the gospel - this involves paradox... or rather, a need to walk the narrow path, that "few there be find."
Who we spend time with tends to rub off on us, so it is important to choose our most frequent associates, wisely.
Still, we are commanded to love everyone - especially our enemies.
Yet we are also commanded to love ourselves.
It is a ongoing challenging balance to love others as ourselves.
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching for women to give up pastoring and preaching in the church and be silent---1 Cor. 14:34-35 and 1 Timothy 2:9-14.
In the church I attend, I teach, yet I am a woman.
I feel that women, generally, have a deeper capacity to love, nurture and teach than men do.
Men, generally, have a way with focusing and leading, that I think is exceptional also.
"God is no respector of persons" - whether male or female, God/Creative love, created & loves us all!
God is not just a Father either, but also Heavenly Mother. You are not existing by only a father - but by both a mother and father, your mother doing most of the work!
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that if any intellectual has prophecy and science wit contrary to the bible it's not the Holy Spirit talking---Colossians 2:8.
"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy & vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, & not after Christ." -Col 2:8
I really love philosophy!
I love truth, wherever it is found.
Truth will carve itself... there's nothing to fear, if you truly worship God, who is light & truth.
In fact, if you put even the tidy limited belief packages of the bible before God, you are not truly worshiping God.

The other day, I was reading philosophy & was so inspired & excited about more gospel ("good news") that I thought I'd share it on a philosophy forum I occasionally post on. Before I posted anything, I read a message from someone of such negativity - that it killed the spirit of my love of philosophy. I don't think it is philosophy - thinking - itself that is bad, but rather when people kill the spirit of enthusiasm, with disrespectful hypocritical ignorance. We are all ignorant, only on different subjects. No doubt we are all illuding ourselves since we cannot help but think in subjectively limited ways... thus functional illusions are priceless & should be protected. Some groups harbor negativity - whether it is religious, atheist or car club groups.
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that you have to know 100% bible believers in order to form the body of Christ---1 Thess. 5:12.
Isn't this a given? If we are to love others as ourselves, we must take the time to get to know others and ourselves.
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that you can study your way into having biblical revelation of God with any bible topic or verse like anybody else--2 Tim. 2:15 and
1 John 2:27.
"But the annointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, & ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, & is truth, & is no lie, & even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." -1John 2:27
Christ = "annointed one"
Christ consciousness - is what Jesus suggested we follow him about.
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching against saints at restaurants with
alcohol bars---1 Peter 4:1-4.
This scripture (in the King James version) has been misinterpreted to justify hurting oneself to be free of sins - which is not of God (love) at all. What it means spiritually, is that when we truly hunger and thirst for spirituality - the things that used to please our physical senses (obsession with food, sex, etc.) cannot hold a candle to the fulfillment we feel spiritually.
Quote:
We will get 100% bible believers together and see churches preaching that rest on the Sabbath or Saturday is for every saint going to heaven---Hebrews 4.
"To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts... For the word (spirit/faith) of God is quick, & powerful, & sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul & spirit, & of the joints & marrow, & is a discerner of the thoughts & intents of the heart." -Hebrews 4:7,12
So true - in my experience!

Tony,
Thanks for motivating me to pull out the scriptures & study & think & feel about them.

Last edited by SuperSoul; 12-28-2012 at 11:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity